Cortez among OC's on Bomber wish list

Mr. Perfect

Cortez has won FIVE Cups as an OC, I don't care about his recent failure or perceived failure. The BC offence looked pretty darn good with him in charge and he was a champ as recently as two years ago. Is he interested is the only issue IMO. He's no spring chicken. I remember hearing that Harris didn't like his offence, well sorry but if he wants to not sign here because of it so be it. How many Cups have Lapo's teams WON again?

You should.

The CFL is a constantly evolving league. Would you want Wally Buono as a head coach these days? I sure wouldn't. Why? Because the game has passed him by, and there's an argument to be made that the same thing has happened to Cortez.

Cortez wouldn't be my first choice. Like I said ... if Willy likes him enough, fine. But I'm wary of hiring him.

Whoa I'd take Buono over MOS any day of the week not even close.

O'Shea is not dumb and he knows that he's running out of chances.  So I expect that he's going to try and hire like his career depends on it.

With all due respect, I don't know how smart O'Shea is, especially after his body of work the last two seasons.

Well. The negative posts don't really bother me. I guess I just don't see the point in being negative at this time. It's one thing to criticize the team but when you do it all the time... it gets old and makes you wonder if some people truly are bomber fans or if they are just here to constantly complain about everything

This study would suggest a different reason ...

http://io9.com/5848119/do-eternally-optimistic-people-just-have-malfunctioning-frontal-lobes

This part was particularly interesting ...

"From an evolutionary perspective, excessive optimism is generally a bad idea. After all, if you're constantly assuming good things will happen, you'll probably be ill-prepared when bad things inevitably come along. Now scientists have an explanation...which isn't exactly flattering to the eternally optimistic." ...

"So then, those of us blessed with an eternally sunny disposition also have a brain that doesn't process unwanted information correctly. I would go ahead and warn all my optimistic friends about this, but I have the sinking suspicion that they'd just find the bright side of a malfunctioning frontal lobe."

I imagine teams have done their homework already on potential candidates and have an idea of who they want and how they rank them on their wish list.

As a fan I would like to see K.Jones or J.Jackson or possibly M.Brady here next year as our OC. They all seem to be on the cusp of being very good OC's.

I want a guy who can bring/attract some coveted free agents with him, our talent needs a boost too.

Cortez has won FIVE Cups as an OC, I don't care about his recent failure or perceived failure. The BC offence looked pretty darn good with him in charge and he was a champ as recently as two years ago. Is he interested is the only issue IMO. He's no spring chicken. I remember hearing that Harris didn't like his offence, well sorry but if he wants to not sign here because of it so be it. How many Cups have Lapo's teams WON again?

You should.

The CFL is a constantly evolving league. Would you want Wally Buono as a head coach these days? I sure wouldn't. Why? Because the game has passed him by, and there's an argument to be made that the same thing has happened to Cortez.

Cortez wouldn't be my first choice. Like I said ... if Willy likes him enough, fine. But I'm wary of hiring him.

Whoa I'd take Buono over MOS any day of the week not even close.

How do you know the game has passed Cortez or Buono by? Because they're over 60 so naturally they know nothing about offenses & defenses anymore. Wally has become a bad GM because he tries to replace veterans with chepaer rookies but it really didn't work. He did the same in Calgary & always got away with it because of great depth until 2002 when the floor fell through as well as dealing with wacky new ownership in F Troop. . But even so, constantly turning over the personnel eventually will cause problems as it has the past 2 seasons in BC. But the game passing those 2 by? No, I don't believe that for a second. Not until I see it on the field in losses. I think Cortez did a masterful job coaching up Jonathan Jennings this past season. Cortez did his job as a coach, Wally did a lousy job as a GM.