Chris Jones to Saskatchewan Roughriders confirmed

blueandgoldguy

Why sign a coach to a multi-year contract now?  You want to fire him, you have to pay him.  He wants to leave, he's free to with no compensation.  Are teams going to start putting buyouts into coaches contracts like NCAA?

Im guessing the coaches want the multi year deals. It isnt often a coaching spot goes to open market for a team thats in a great situation. Usually those teams have a dickenson in the system or a specific target. Coaches have the worst job security in the world, im ok with them getting a golden parachute. 

I think it's cute how badly the Riders want to be the Eskimos. 

Isn't it the Bombers signing every player the Riders cut? Who have we signed lately from Edmonton? Besides Jones. I have no idea who he might bring in here. TBH, I don't want to much of a Eskimo presence on our team. Sewell is the only player they have that I would want. 

With your roster from last year, You should be eyeing more than Sewell

I'm not totally disagreeing with your post, but don't want too many Eskimos on our roster. We do need a moderate overhaul. Contrary to what I think you guys believe, we aren't that bad talent wise.

Why sign a coach to a multi-year contract now?  You want to fire him, you have to pay him.  He wants to leave, he's free to with no compensation.  Are teams going to start putting buyouts into coaches contracts like NCAA?

Im guessing the coaches want the multi year deals. It isnt often a coaching spot goes to open market for a team thats in a great situation. Usually those teams have a dickenson in the system or a specific target. Coaches have the worst job security in the world, im ok with them getting a golden parachute. 

It's not that bad if they get paid the entirety of their contract regardless and can pretty much pack up and leave for another job at anytime.

It's not that bad if they get paid the entirety of their contract regardless and can pretty much pack up and leave for another job at anytime.

Yeah, though i wouldnt mind seeing the parachute cut if the fired coach takes the same job or better with another team in the league. But even if not, most of them deserve it.

JJ as well to sask they are putting together a solid coaching staff. guess this means KJ is looking for work 

Yeah, though i wouldnt mind seeing the parachute cut if the fired coach takes the same job or better with another team in the league. But even if not, most of them deserve it.

JJ as well to sask they are putting together a solid coaching staff. guess this means KJ is looking for work 

Yup Jackson reported to be coming, 2 yr deal, same title as in Edmonton. as/per Farhan

Maas off to EDM Evergreens according to the Twitter.

Interview or confirmed hire?

Twitter said RBs expect him to be gone to Edmonton. Also, Dinwiddie going to Calgary to work under DD...

Not only that but sounds like Maas would want  a few Assistants  to come with him.  Redblacks are moving quickly to sign all their Assistants before that happens

Ottawa might be the biggest losers in all this

I think it's funny that Ottawa declined for the Bombers to talk to Maas, and now the Redblacks might lose half the staff

Hah yea, shoulda just let maas interview. id rather have had maas then lapo but not by that big a margin. maas I think is gonna be a good coach but I kinda think he could be in over his head with this move.