Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

watching Pederson and the rest of the Rider "media" try to spin it as a positive will be even more delightful.

"They are just bouncing ideas off one another- it's what all brilliant football minds do."- Rod Peterson

"No, Rod. Those are stones and coffee mugs, not ideas."- casual observer

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

21 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Are there going to be any games this year in which Sask doesn't lose in a blow-out?

I really enjoy reading posts like this. You nailed it, we are going 0-18 and blow outs every week. Wanting to believe in Santa doesn't make him real.

31 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I really enjoy reading posts like this. You nailed it, we are going 0-18 and blow outs every week. Wanting to believe in Santa doesn't make him real.

Glad you enjoyed it.  It's called "good natured ribbing".  Of course the Riders aren't going to go 0-18.  Like duh.

46 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I would suggest that getting all pissy on an opposing team's fan forum isn't your brightest move.

Edited by wpgallday1960
lousy typing

On ‎2016‎-‎06‎-‎09 at 9:56 AM, Ripper said:

Our ticket revenues went up and the stadium was still sold out on season tickets at 80% as it is again this year. There is a waiting list for season tickets. First and foremost it is critical that the team endures and is around,  so not buying tickets is a very bad idea. My motto is buy the ticket and either not go or give them away. Personally I always go but know others who deliberately leave their seats sit empty to send a message. I'm sure the Bombers have sold a lot of Dressler jerseys. Part of that is excitement that he is here, but IMHO more importantly its the fans endorsing management for making a good move for the team. A drop in merchandise sales and concessions at the stadium is a good way for the fans to express angst as to how team is being run.

Did all that but still lost multi-millions of dollars. You guys have the best run franchise in the league I tell ya.

20 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Watching Jones and Durant yelling at each other will be a delight.

Pouty vs. Lemon face.....cage match!! However, it will have to happen by week 3, before Durant dislocates his pelvis or tears ligaments in his groin.

Edited by gcn11

Both Jones and Murphy have always had reputations about them over their egos and for being hard to work with. The JSJ thing is just their character flaws emerging into their new roles. It's a Mike Kelly thing. Give an egomaniac unchecked power and most times it is crap like this that will happen. As a Bomber fan I love it. If I were a Riders fan I would be concerned. At any rate, the new regime is proving to have a very polarizing effect on their fan base. I don't foresee a long future for them unless they start winning immediately, and looking up and down their roster, I don't see that happening.

2 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Glad you enjoyed it.  It's called "good natured ribbing".  Of course the Riders aren't going to go 0-18.  Like duh.

I'm fine with some shots back and forth and I knew what you meant

3 minutes ago, brett_c_b said:

question based on a comment I saw on twitter. Are the endzones in BMO not the proper depth due to space restrictions? Got the impression that they're 18 yards deep.

Yes. I believe that is correct. 18 yards deep.