Around The League Off Season Discussion

Noeller

In nine days on the job, Jones has been many things; ruthless, quick, smart, and dare I say flawless. - @jamienye #CFL #Riders

*barf*  Really .. how much can someone **** up in 9 days on the job?  

Dear Santa,

I would like 1 Saskatchewan RoughRiders season completely in the tank in 2016.....

Sincerely,

Noeller

Sorry Noeller,  even though for the most part you have been a pretty good boy this year, I will not be able to grant your wish this year. But as a gift that can still be enjoyed you are getting a Edmonton Eskimo season instead.  

Santa.

Chris Jones can't fix the Riders Canadian content in one season.  Nor can he fix Darian Durant.  If he is not 100% or if the injuries negate his mobility - a big part of his game - the Riders will not be able to touch the Esks' 2015 record.

Damn it...woulda loved to have him come home again, but I suppose MOS wants to keep that hat on.

Also, there's an awful lot of you putting some serious stock in Trevor Harris. I don't know that he's necessarily the saviour for Sask that some of you think he might be.

Damn it...woulda loved to have him come home again, but I suppose MOS wants to keep that hat on.

Also, there's an awful lot of you putting some serious stock in Trevor Harris. I don't know that he's necessarily the saviour for Sask that some of you think he might be.

I agree and that's why I hope he ends up there!  I also hope he gets that huge salary that his agent thinks he's worth.   ;)

Not the savior but better than Price and Smith.  Having said that, being in a Milanovich offence doesn't hurt. 

Jones was able to win with Matt Nichols and an injured Mike Reilly, I'm sure he could win with Trevor Harris(who is a good QB in his own right).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot more to that Esks offense than just the QBs. That whole team was a lot deeper/more talented than the Riders currently are. I have no doubt Jones is going to do some serious house-cleaning and make a ton of changes, but still....long way to go.....

Jones was able to win with Matt Nichols and an injured Mike Reilly, I'm sure he could win with Trevor Harris(who is a good QB in his own right).

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there's a lot more to that Esks offense than just the QBs. That whole team was a lot deeper/more talented than the Riders currently are. I have no doubt Jones is going to do some serious house-cleaning and make a ton of changes, but still....long way to go.....

I forgot to mention the fact that they also won a game where Mike Reilly went 7/22 for 49 yards and a pick. If Jones can bring the Edmonton D to Saskatchewan, it doesn't really matter if they have an elite QB or not.

Sask. is going to have so many new bodies and quite a few without previous CFL experience so it will likely take their D at least half a season to jell.  Best they can be this year is 8-8 imo.

Sask. is going to have so many new bodies and quite a few without previous CFL experience so it will likely take their D at least half a season to jell.  Best they can be this year is 8-8 imo.

Went to school in Sask I'm guessing?

Went to school in Sask I'm guessing?

No, but spent enough time there to have been "exposed" to Rider math.  Sorry.

It somewhat sickens me that people on this site, this bomber fan site, keep crapping on the bombers and yet at the same time, are just falling in love with the Riders? Perhaps it's time some of you change your pics to rider colors. 

Seriously, Riders this, Riders will be awesome, Riders, Riders, Riders... Go join the rider site if you want to constantly talk about them.