Loyalty vs. Negatron

BigBlue

I think most of us on this site are amazingly loyal fans/fanatics.

But when is enough ... enough?

We all have our own brand of comments & questions .... we all have thoughts on how to fix our long term mess .... but when does loyalty give way and deteriorate into negatron cynicism?

And does cyncism help anybody or anything?

Is there anything such as a helpful collective anger?

I can't ever remember being so turned off (as a 50+ year Bomber fan) as I am right now

Hope springs eternal right? Well not for me anymore.

I keep hearing all these band-aid solutions for very deep enduring performance problems.

There is something seriously wrong with our organization although I am not sure exactly what .... I am sure however it is very real and not just a matter of bad luck.

Who is going to fix this predestined twenty year hope filled disappointment of a sports disaster ?(anybody care to add up our 20 year stats?)

Will the fans fix it by voting with their fannies? Will the Board? Do the fans need to fix the board?

We have had 20 years of insanity trying the exact same useless solutions every three years or so, over and over and over

No structural change in sight ... just Polyannas who keep hoping for past glory to somehow return over and over .... Aren't rose colored glasses great?

Do we have a Donald Trump of Winnipeg football who can make the Bombers great again?

Or are we going to just continue on this 3 year cycle forever?

What amazing loyalists we are !

It's not one specific thing, it's about not over reacting to anything. Winnipeg fans are really bad for that. Win and everything is the greatest!!11!!! Lose and everything is complete crap. Mike Kelly was right about the bi-polar nature of this fan base. A little more rationality would make things infinitely more tolerable. 

It's not one specific thing, it's about not over reacting to anything. Winnipeg fans are really bad for that. Win and everything is the greatest!!11!!! Lose and everything is complete crap. Mike Kelly was right about the bi-polar nature of this fan base. A little more rationality would make things infinitely more tolerable.

This is not unique to Winnipeg fans

Mike Kelly was right about us the same way that I'm right when I say that Bomber fans need air or they'll die.  All he was doing was stating the obvious about any team's fan base.  Here's a rule of thumb I've used for a while now and it's never steered me wrong;  when looking for insightful thoughts, the words of Mike Kelly aren't

The key is riding the middle......it's never that bad, and it's never that good......it just "is". Another note, tho, is that "piling on" accomplishes nothing.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

The key is riding the middle......it's never that bad, and it's never that good......it just "is". Another note, tho, is that "piling on" accomplishes nothing.

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on.

Life goes on, Georgie.

worth noting that since Mike Kelly's departure, we've had a better record than his only ONCE.  He was actually improving the team towards the end of the season, but had already written his destiny in his abrasiveness with the media.  I honestly don't think he was a bad coach.  His schemes were a little questionable at times, but he made adjustments.  Something the current regime seems to be clueless about.

I'm sure I stand alone... but bring back Mike Kelly for OC in 2016!  haha

I think most of us on this site are amazingly loyal fans/fanatics.

But when is enough ... enough?

We all have our own brand of comments & questions .... we all have thoughts on how to fix our long term mess .... but when does loyalty give way and deteriorate into negatron cynicism?

And does cyncism help anybody or anything?

Is there anything such as a helpful collective anger?

I can't ever remember being so turned off (as a 50+ year Bomber fan) as I am right now

Hope springs eternal right? Well not for me anymore.

I keep hearing all these band-aid solutions for very deep enduring performance problems.

There is something seriously wrong with our organization although I am not sure exactly what .... I am sure however it is very real and not just a matter of bad luck.

Who is going to fix this predestined twenty year hope filled disappointment of a sports disaster ?(anybody care to add up our 20 year stats?)

Will the fans fix it by voting with their fannies? Will the Board? Do the fans need to fix the board?

We have had 20 years of insanity trying the exact same useless solutions every three years or so, over and over and over

No structural change in sight ... just Polyannas who keep hoping for past glory to somehow return over and over .... Aren't rose colored glasses great?

Do we have a Donald Trump of Winnipeg football who can make the Bombers great again?

Or are we going to just continue on this 3 year cycle forever?

What amazing loyalists we are !

Almost too loyal. I don't believe the Bombers will be fixed until they can get an independent person or company to do a top to bottom review. We have had lots of great talent through here both coaches and players but it never results in a sustained good product on the field. That tells me there is SOMETHING rooted deep in the organization somewhere. Until that is rooted out and exterminated we will not return to any sort of sustained competitiveness as we had in the late 70's and through the 80's.

worth noting that since Mike Kelly's departure, we've had a better record than his only ONCE.  He was actually improving the team towards the end of the season, but had already written his destiny in his abrasiveness with the media.  I honestly don't think he was a bad coach.  His schemes were a little questionable at times, but he made adjustments.  Something the current regime seems to be clueless about.

I'm sure I stand alone... but bring back Mike Kelly for OC in 2016!  haha

Kelly was his own worst enemy. Many of his decisions hurt this team long after he departed. His unwillingness to adapt and stick with far outdated schemes would have eventually cost him lots of wins and his job.

Ritchie was a crusty old fart but he still always had respect for the fans, press, and outside world in general.

A Donald Trump to fix our problems. That made me spit out my brocoli. You mean walk away from the mistakes and borrow money from his dad. I think we have had a bunch of Donald Trump know nothings already. 

Well Hillary Clinton would put the Bombers in such debt we would never recover from it .... who can make the Bombers great again?

In case anyone hasn't figured it out, fan passion is fan passion, and it can lead to exhilaration when the team succeeds, but that same passion means that when the team sucks for preventable reasons, fans are outraged. Fan anger is not what Bomber management has to fear- it is fatalism and apathy. So long as a couple are angry at each other, a therapist has hope to be able to work with them, but when they get to the point where neither doesn't give a damn, its time to start talking about division of assets and visiting rights. If Bomber management doesn't realize that the team is near the apathy tipping point, they are in bigger trouble than they think. Once people are turned off after repeated poor experiences, its hard to get them back together again.