Glenn To Alouettes

Noeller

Now when comparing the two, the difference in games played, passes attempted and completed is huge.  Glenn's been doing this a long, long time.  But when you look at the numbers...

Glenn                     Nichols

QB rating                         89.8                         82.1

Comp %                          62.3                         60.9

TD/Int                           248/178                     19/18

Rushing avg per carry     4.7                            3.8

Seasons/Grey Cups       15/0                           3/0

So by those stats, it can be argued that Glenn is better than Nichols, but he's not "head and shoulders" better.   

Now when comparing the two, the difference in games played, passes attempted and completed is huge.  Glenn's been doing this a long, long time.  But when you look at the numbers...

Glenn                     Nichols

QB rating                         89.8                         82.1

Comp %                          62.3                         60.9

TD/Int                           248/178                     19/18

Rushing avg per carry     4.7                            3.8

Seasons/Grey Cups       15/0                           3/0

So by those stats, it can be argued that Glenn is better than Nichols, but he's not "head and shoulders" better.   

To quote Eddie Murphy....  What have you done for me lately?

Now when comparing the two, the difference in games played, passes attempted and completed is huge. Glenn's been doing this a long, long time. But when you look at the numbers...

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

Rushing avg per carry 4.7 3.8

Seasons/Grey Cups 15/0 3/0

To quote Eddie Murphy.... What have you done for me lately?

and that is the problem with glenn. sure. hes been in the league for 15 years as a starter and backup, hence his numbers but nothing screams out at me as starter material.. backup? Yup.

Nichols too seems backup worthy only but he still has a chance to improve.. glenn is on downswing and of course anyone whos a fan of the CFL can attest to glenns lack of interest and fire in the belly coupled with his love of 4th quarter INT or fumbles..

Not to mention his Brock Ralphesque love of contact and rattleability..

Nichols is never going to be as good as Glenn was at his best, but right now? I think it's 6 of one.......

Agreed. He is what he is, a bandaid. Bombers didn't have to give much to get him and he will win a few games. Your future is dependant on Willy being healthy and on the field. No one in their right mind would build a team around Nichols, or Glenn for that matter.

Nichols is never going to be as good as Glenn was at his best, but right now? I think it's 6 of one.......

I think you're right... judging on overall career, I'd take Glenn.... if it was 5 years ago, I'd definitely take Glenn.... but if we're talking about a back up QB to Drew Willy for the 2016 season... I think I would rather have Matt Nichols...

Now when comparing the two, the difference in games played, passes attempted and completed is huge. Glenn's been doing this a long, long time. But when you look at the numbers...

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

and that is the problem with glenn. sure. hes been in the league for 15 years as a starter and backup, hence his numbers but nothing screams out at me as starter material.. backup? Yup.

Nichols too seems backup worthy only but he still has a chance to improve.. glenn is on downswing and of course anyone whos a fan of the CFL can attest to glenns lack of interest and fire in the belly coupled with his love of 4th quarter INT or fumbles..

He's 28 already and been around the league for several years, just how much improvement do we really expect out of the guy? Considering this seasons statistics only Glenn has a better passer rating too, and considering the absolute **** show that the Riders are that means a lot. Old man Glenn on a massively dysfunctional team is better than Nichols. You are letting your massive bias against Kevin Glenn cloud your judgement here. Glenn has been a legit starter in the CFL many tmes, Nichols has never been able to do that and I don't see it ever happening either. 

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

He's 28 already and been around the league for several years, just how much improvement do we really expect out of the guy? Considering this seasons statistics only Glenn has a better passer rating too, and considering the absolute **** show that the Riders are that means a lot. Old man Glenn on a massively dysfunctional team is better than Nichols. You are letting your massive bias against Kevin Glenn cloud your judgement here. Glenn has been a legit starter in the CFL many tmes, Nichols has never been able to do that and I don't see it ever happening either. 

He's played in parts of three seasons, so that's "several"?

Having MB as your coordinator is not something that's likely going to lead to a lot of success.  And if you hadn't noticed, the Bombers really can't be described as a powerhouse either.

And your massive bias FOR Kevin Glenn clouds yours.

Not for a while he hasn't.  And we're not talking about the Glenn of years gone by because that's completely irrelevant.  The only valid comparison is who they are right now and what they might be like moving forward.  And as I see it you are talking about two guys who are both backups at this point.  

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

Having MB as your coordinator is not something that's likely going to lead to a lot of success.  And if you hadn't noticed, the Bombers really can't be described as a powerhouse either.

Not for a while he hasn't.  And we're not talking about the Glenn of years gone by because that's completely irrelevant.  The only valid comparison is who they are right now and what they might be like moving forward.  And as I see it you are talking about two guys who are both backups at this point.  

And what about Nichols time in Edmonton? They tried to give him starter reps a bunch there and kept moving on to raw rookies in favour of him. People don't like Glenn I get it, he's got his flaws, but he's a pretty good qb when there's no pressure to win where as Nichols is a pretty mediocre back up qb. 

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

And what about Nichols time in Edmonton? They tried to give him starter reps a bunch there and kept moving on to raw rookies in favour of him. People don't like Glenn I get it, he's got his flaws, but he's a pretty good qb when there's no pressure to win where as Nichols is a pretty mediocre back up qb. 

Noticed that you really didn't address any of my points with your "relentless logic"  You've gone from arguing that Glenn is "head and shoulders" above Nichols to suggesting that Glenn is a pretty good QB when there's no pressure.  That's pretty much the definition of a mediocre QB in my book because if you're only good when there's no pressure, you're pretty much useless at this time of the year.  Nichols at least seems to have a bit of fire, so between the two of them this October, I'd rather have Nichols.

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

no they didn't? Nichols lost the starting job due to injury. He beat out Reilly, but busted his leg. And reilly took over. They didn't move on to "raw rookies" at all.

Glenn Nichols

QB rating 89.8 82.1

Comp % 62.3 60.9

TD/Int 248/178 19/18

Noticed that you really didn't address any of my points with your "relentless logic"  You've gone from arguing that Glenn is "head and shoulders" above Nichols to suggesting that Glenn is a pretty good QB when there's no pressure.  That's pretty much the definition of a mediocre QB in my book because if you're only good when there's no pressure, you're pretty much useless at this time of the year.  Nichols at least seems to have a bit of fire, so between the two of them this October, I'd rather have Nichols.

pretty good starting qb is much better than a mediocre back up. NIchols is the flavour of the month because he's better than Brohm and Marve but he's not on Kevin Glenns level, he just isn't. Numbers career and otherwise favour Glenn, colour of his jersey favours Nichols.