Greaves traded

Goalie

If Muamba signs, expect Hurl to be traded too.

I think they'd keep Hurl around for the rest of the season if we get Muamba. 

Id say it depends on how much hurl makes, and if we have another canadian LB who can step in if needed. But then there seem to be a good few guys shaking loose from the nfl right now. That money could go to several guys. 

Had to laugh at this

Chris Greaves immediately becomes the Edmonton Eskimos best offensive lineman. IMO Plus, he still has a lot of play left. #bombers #cfl

— Steve Morley (@SteveMorley62)

September 9, 2015

Speaks to his lack of objectivity.

The Esks are going to be disappointed when they realize Steele was a better option.

I find it weird that they would make this trade when they just signed Matt O'Donnell, and Simeon Rottier is close to returning.

If they're starting an extra Canadian OL, they'll need depth.

You're right, I was thinking of O'Donnell at guard but I guess they'll be playing him at tackle.  So now their line could potentially be Washington - Greaves - Sorensen - Rottier - O'Donnell with Danny Groulx and Alex Krausnick coming off the bench.  That's a huge upgrade over what they've been playing so far this season.

I find it weird that they would make this trade when they just signed Matt O'Donnell, and Simeon Rottier is close to returning.

Rottier cant stay in the lineup since he got to EDM

He only missed 4 games over 2013-2014.  Really his biggest chunk of missed time was from when Khalif Mitchell tried to rip his arm off.

And another:

Bio: Full-time starter the past two seasons after playing six games with the first team as a sophomore. All-Conference selection as a senior.

Positive: Former college tight end who has shown a lot of potential the past two seasons at offensive tackle. Bends his knees, blocks with leverage, and keeps his feet moving throughout the action. Fluid sliding out laterally in pass protection, uses his frame to seal defenders from the action or knocks them from their angle of attack with good hand punch. Easily adjusts to pick up stunts or twists, moves well on his feet and effective blocking in
motion.

Negative: Shows minimal power and must improve his overall body strength. Must develop more of a nasty streak in his blocking. He has been a bit inconsistent the past year.

Analysis: Since moving to offensive tackle, Capers has slowly developed into a legitimate prospect at the position. He offers a good degree of upside potential and can be used at multiple positions on the offense of line. Capers will improve once he experiences an NFL training program and may be a season or two away.

Thanks Gbill. Good info.

He only missed 4 games over 2013-2014.  Really his biggest chunk of missed time was from when Khalif Mitchell tried to rip his arm off.

I remember that. Sheesh.

he's missed 22 games in 3 1/2 years in edmonton. In hamilton he appeared in everygame for 3 years

An observation: it seems that our collective assessment of Greaves' decline over the past 12 months was accurate. Another consensus we have is that Chevon Walker is dead weight, as is Picard. This move means that our GM is paying attention, and so are the coaches, so the departures of Picard and Walker may not be that far away, and its all good. For all the concerns we have about the coaches, we can take our eyes off Walters.