Club adds International OL releases DL K Fraser, OL D Tyler

IC Khari

You know what, if you could dress 2 Canadian Oline, and 5 elsewhere on the roster, man, I'd go 3 Import Oline for sure, It's a way to keep the QB healthy i bet... 

Bryant,Jefferson,Goossen,Chungh,Longo/Daniels moving forward would be outstanding.

Let's just try this....

2 Canadian receivers, 2 canadian Oline, Westerman,Hurl/Muamba,Bucknor...

That's 7 Canadian starters right there... Meaning you could go 3 imports on the oline... Wonder if maybe next year, you see us try that out. It's smart isn't it? Our Canadian Oline obviously aren't good enough (Greaves,Neufeld at least) so why not go 3 imports on the oline really.  

Well signing Bryant has accomplished what exactly? We're on pace to give up as many or more sacks than last season and Willy is hurt again.

Maybe they should have focused on the real problem, the interior of the line, and fixed that instead.

Cuz there were so many all star interior oline available in free agency

Hamilton is also a very very good team who will probably be in their 3rd grey cup in the last 3 years too. 

I think you need to look at teams like Montreal in terms of oline, basically bomben is a great example actually...They could trade him, why? because they have stockpiled oline over the years really... They have drafted and developed and waited for guys really... This was done over a very long time with the same GM in charge. 

Well signing Bryant has accomplished what exactly? We're on pace to give up as many or more sacks than last season and Willy is hurt again.

Maybe they should have focused on the real problem, the interior of the line, and fixed that instead.

See marcel's entire career. Pretty much every single problem that's happening with this offence can be seen in any team he's coached.

I don't want to blame everything on him, cause football is pretty complicated and lots of things lead to mistakes. But We've seen this exact thing play out on every team he's had his hand on.

edit - I feel like I'm continuing to beat the hell out of a dead horse. But this is literally the biggest problem with the team and how they are performing.

The biggest problem is that teams always draft the guys with potential to play tackle, most of the time they don't pan out and they suck at playing inside. Two recent examples for us would be Pencer and Swiston, Neufeld and Greaves are in that category too. I like that Walters has been drafting guys who are actually interior OL.

The biggest problem is that teams always draft the guys with potential to play tackle, most of the time they don't pan out and they suck at playing inside. Two recent examples for us would be Pencer and Swiston, Neufeld and Greaves are in that category too. I like that Walters has been drafting guys who are actually interior OL.

Wasn't Greaves a defensive tackle? I find it hard to believe that he was drafted with the intent of him playing tackle. 

Wasn't Greaves a defensive tackle? I find it hard to believe that he was drafted with the intent of him playing tackle. 

That's what was said at the time. Apparently, he has really long arms...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers stuff like this.

Mack/Lapo definitely said that they thought Greaves could potentially be a tackle down the road.

As long as this guy's arms?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Uvt83YWWWY

Its true. IN general in drafts teams tend to fall in love with guys with high up side. Especially at OL where deviant skills are a great rarity. 

Id say its the hardest position next to QB to project  college guys to pro at. I dont think you can ever under value a lineman who has technical skill and who does the base things right. stay low, use his hands well with good punch move etc.

Its true. IN general in drafts teams tend to fall in love with guys with high up side. Especially at OL where deviant skills are a great rarity. 

Id say its the hardest position next to QB to project  college guys to pro at. I dont think you can ever under value a lineman who has technical skill and who does the base things right. stay low, use his hands well with good punch move etc.

Deviant skills? 

I can't believe the number of linemen we have drafted who couldn't even master the two step never mind back peddling, it's all about footwork when it comes to linemen. They all weigh 300 pounds but it's the guys who can plant and drive and move on their feet who turn into anything worthwhile

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers stuff like this.

Mack/Lapo definitely said that they thought Greaves could potentially be a tackle down the road.

And apparently down that road was Edmonton