Grey Cup & Banjo Bowl Temporary Stands

I'm sure Wade will drum up some discounts and 2 for 1's for his corporate buddies. 

And that's the problem. At the last Grey Cup here we paid the full amount to keep our season's ticket seats. Later they were discounting the tickets.  It sure does not make you feel good to see that happening. If I were to go again I would not buy it six weeks before but wait and get the cheap price. Don't call me cheap, call me a guy who did not appreciate being rolled.  

Yeah,as a season ticket holder I would hope that we would get priority for pricing as well as choice. But it doesn't seem like that happened this year (even with the "discount") and I wouldn't be surprised to see a price drop come November if ticket sales are still going poorly.

I'm sure Wade will drum up some discounts and 2 for 1's for his corporate buddies. 

And that's the problem. At the last Grey Cup here we paid the full amount to keep our season's ticket seats. Later they were discounting the tickets.  It sure does not make you feel good to see that happening. If I were to go again I would not buy it six weeks before but wait and get the cheap price. Don't call me cheap, call me a guy who did not appreciate being rolled.  

I don't mind them doing what they have to do to move some unsold seats as the date draws near.

What I do mind is not being allowed into the party zone they set up before the game to help move those seats, because my full price ticket doesn't give me access to the areas the discounted seats get.  That was some class AAA bullshit.

I think this is the same thing that happened to the World Juniors in Montreal last year.  Prices go up and up every year, and finally there was an event where all the games weren't sold out.

It's kind of refreshing to me that there's a point where people will stop buying - it's a little market correction. I think the NFL is even seeing it.

And don't try to tell me Winnipeg sports fans are cheap - look at what we happily pay for Jets tickets.

And this is anectdotal, but it seems to me that the Bombers are not really all that highly regarded by average people these days. They've finally earned some ill will by being bad so consistently and it wouldn't surprise me if that's reflected in the Grey Cup sales a bit too.  Maybe they're going in the right direction now, but the wins haven't really shown that yet.

The people of Winnipeg have changed, This isn't the 1980's anymore. Things have changed. This whole idea of -40 weather in the winter and being cheap is so just... It's so old it's not even funny anymore. I don't mind when people make fun of Winnipeg or whatever but.. try to at least be a tiny bit creative about it and not rehash things that were said 50 years ago. 

Winterpeg? Not creative. Cheap? Not creative. Try harder. 

How long does the IGF novelty last?

Bombers have a base amount of fans, it's like 24000 people really... Those 24000 people will go to games forever... If the team starts winning, that 24000 which is more than Montreal,Toronto,BC for that matter, Ottawa, Hamilton all regularly draw becomes 30,000 plus.  

Like Really... If the stadium was as tiny as Montreal, Ottawa or Hamilton, people wouldn't be talking about this, they'd be talking about yet another sellout. 

There is no novelty to stadiums, It's a stadium really... It's where the team plays... Not sure why people always think new stadium or arena = more people.

It doesn't... It never has or never will... You have your base amount of fans that will go to games regardless, thats about 24000 here, maybe more even. Cuz the last few games have draw what? 26 27000? That's more than what half the damn league draws, hell more than half the damn league. 

I don't think the fans are cheap. I would lay money they are not rushing to buy Grey Cup tickets because: 1- The pricing policy and 2- The prospect of the team not being a participant. I would suggest the club has gotten a lot more than it deserves considering the effort it has put into getting a competitive team on the field. It has alienated many very good fans we would see at the games who have just given up and moved on to other interests. When was the last time you saw a well produced commercial promoting the Bombers?

Nah! The fans in Winnipeg aren't cheap, they are just being taken for granted and more and more are spending their entertainment budget somewhere else.

The people of Winnipeg have changed, This isn't the 1980's anymore. Things have changed. This whole idea of -40 weather in the winter and being cheap is so just... It's so old it's not even funny anymore. I don't mind when people make fun of Winnipeg or whatever but.. try to at least be a tiny bit creative about it and not rehash things that were said 50 years ago. 

Who cares about creativity? Just stating the truth and Winnipeg has a stereotype about being cheap for a very good reason. It's a city full of cheap skates and bargain hunters. 

Winnipeggers are cheap.  There is no doubt.  This isn't a rumour, a stab, or a joke.  It's true.

They don't like weeknight games, they don't like Fridays, they don't like Saturdays and they don't like Sundays. 

8 pm games are too late, but 6:30 pm is way too early.  7pm games have fans, but some like 7:30 better.

Beers are too expensive... unless you're building a beer snake.

Everyone loves their Bomber gear... at the locker room sale.

They want all the sporting events, concerts, entertainment at their fingertips... but man does it look good on their flat screen TV.

Even the playoff games of the past have not been attended well... Semi Final vs Edmonton.... East Final vs Hamilton...

PS As an out of towner, the biggest stopper to the Grey Cup Tickets are the unavailability of hotel rooms at the moment.  Try book a room online right now.  

Winnipeggers are cheap.  There is no doubt.  This isn't a rumour, a stab, or a joke.  It's true.

They don't like weeknight games, they don't like Fridays, they don't like Saturdays and they don't like Sundays. 

8 pm games are too late, but 6:30 pm is way too early.  7pm games have fans, but some like 7:30 better.

They want all the sporting events, concerts, entertainment at their fingertips... but man does it look good on their flat screen TV.

Even the playoff games of the past have not been attended well... Semi Final vs Edmonton.... East Final vs Hamilton... 

150% this.......

Someone at work asked me today if I was going, and was quite suprised when I said no. She knows I'm going to CFL games this year in calgary/edmonton/vancouver/ottawa/toronto, so just expected I'd make a trip to Winnipeg for the Grey Cup. There are two main reasons I'm not going.

1. I went to the last Grey Cup in Winnipeg and it was the worst pro sports experience I've had. Our whole section just wanted to drink, and I spent more time getting up and down to let people out of the aisle than I did watching the game. I barely saw any of the game because of the drunks who had no interest in football.

2. Price, I tend to avoid overpriced sporting events (I considered going to the World Juniors in Finland this year since I figure I can go to Finland to watch for the same price as watching the tournament in Toronto/Montreal since I wouldn't be paying the ridiculous ticket prices).

Who cares about creativity? Just stating the truth and Winnipeg has a stereotype about being cheap for a very good reason. It's a city full of cheap skates and bargain hunters. 

If the city is so cheap why does the average winnipeg citizen have record levels of household debt.  Doesn't really jive with your argument of the "cheap Winnipegger."  If they are cheap, they wouldn't have record levels of household debt, would they? 

PS As an out of towner, the biggest stopper to the Grey Cup Tickets are the unavailability of hotel rooms at the moment.  Try book a room online right now.  

Ridiculous argument.  SOME Winnipeggers prefer weekend games.  SOME winnipeggers prefer Thurs night games (ie. people who like to camp and have cabins).  SOME people don't mind the beer prices hence the huge beer snakes in the endzone.  Some do mind therefore they buy water or just go without.  You are in a city of nearly 800,000 people so there will be varying opinions. Earth-shattering I know.

Winnipeg has the second highest revenues in the league for merchandise sales.  What does that say about the other CFL cities?

Winnipeg has way to many entertainment options for the casual fan to drop that much coin to sit outside and watch two teams they don't care about to play football.

If we were playing like the Ti Cats then they definitely would of sold much more tix. We have pretty much zero chance of going to the cup , the Jets are way more popular and people would way rather watch them play without freezing there asses off.

Wade will have to drop the ticket prices in half to sell out.

If the city is so cheap why does the average winnipeg citizen have record levels of household debt.  Doesn't really jive with your argument of the "cheap Winnipegger."  If they are cheap, they wouldn't have record levels of household debt, would they? 

Ridiculous argument.  SOME Winnipeggers prefer weekend games.  SOME winnipeggers prefer Thurs night games (ie. people who like to camp and have cabins).  SOME people don't mind the beer prices hence the huge beer snakes in the endzone.  Some do mind therefore they buy water or just go without.  You are in a city of nearly 800,000 people so there will be varying opinions. Earth-shattering I know.

Winnipeg has the second highest revenues in the league for merchandise sales.  What does that say about the other CFL cities?

Pretty sure this was a sarcasm post...

Maybe switch to decaf?

PS As an out of towner, the biggest stopper to the Grey Cup Tickets are the unavailability of hotel rooms at the moment. Try book a room online right now.

I have a list of most of the hotels in Winnipeg with availability Grey Cup weekend. Send me a message and I'll be happy to share it with you.