Grey Cup & Banjo Bowl Temporary Stands

Bottom line is that it is not one thing, or even one large factor that alone is contributing to where the sales are at. You can ask 5 different people and get 5 different answers.  

People in Regina in 2013 also complained a lot about the price, but they sucked it up. That was pretty much the only roadblock for them.

The Riders were also a serious contender who made it to the game. We aren't anywhere near that as a team.

Die hard fans will remain just that. They are the crux of the season ticket base. But the rest of the entertainment dollar is being spread wider and wider with more people - products competing for that dollar. Throw in an AHL team now the the pie is going to get sliced even thinner. I would suggest that an outdoor NHL game might be a tougher sell in this market now too.

Winnipeggers are cheap.  There is no doubt.  This isn't a rumour, a stab, or a joke.  It's true.

They don't like weeknight games, they don't like Fridays, they don't like Saturdays and they don't like Sundays. 

8 pm games are too late, but 6:30 pm is way too early.  7pm games have fans, but some like 7:30 better.

Beers are too expensive... unless you're building a beer snake.

Everyone loves their Bomber gear... at the locker room sale.

They want all the sporting events, concerts, entertainment at their fingertips... but man does it look good on their flat screen TV.

Even the playoff games of the past have not been attended well... Semi Final vs Edmonton.... East Final vs Hamilton...

150% this.......

Or to put it another way 27,000 or so is a pretty good average attendance for a mino league sports franchise and better than most other teams in the exact same league.

east Final vs Hamilton was sold out. Check your facts kid.

Winnipeggers are cheap.  There is no doubt.  This isn't a rumour, a stab, or a joke.  It's true.

They don't like weeknight games, they don't like Fridays, they don't like Saturdays and they don't like Sundays. 

8 pm games are too late, but 6:30 pm is way too early.  7pm games have fans, but some like 7:30 better.

They want all the sporting events, concerts, entertainment at their fingertips... but man does it look good on their flat screen TV.

Even the playoff games of the past have not been attended well... Semi Final vs Edmonton.... East Final vs Hamilton...

150% this.......

Or to put it another way 27,000 or so is a pretty good average attendance for a mino league sports franchise and better than most other teams in the exact same league.

I apologize.  East final was sold out.  2007 semi final vs Montreal was just over 22,000.

As for this year's attendance, looking at the east side and end zones from the west side upper deck, the 27,000 average from this year looks quite inflated.

Winnipeggers are cheap. There is no doubt. This isn't a rumour, a stab, or a joke. It's true.

8 pm games are too late, but 6:30 pm is way too early. 7pm games have fans, but some like 7:30 better.

150% this.......

I apologize. East final was sold out. 2007 semi final vs Montreal was just over 22,000.

As for this year's attendance, looking at the east side and end zones from the west side upper deck, the 27,000 average from this year looks quite inflated.

Well you know what they say about the west side.

150% this.......

I apologize.  East final was sold out.  2007 semi final vs Montreal was just over 22,000.

In IGF the "look" of the crowd is typically a bad indicator... take a look around the concourse when the stadium looks empty...

Bottom line is that it is not one thing, or even one large factor that alone is contributing to where the sales are at. You can ask 5 different people and get 5 different answers.  

People in Regina in 2013 also complained a lot about the price, but they sucked it up. That was pretty much the only roadblock for them.

The Riders were also a serious contender who made it to the game. We aren't anywhere near that as a team.

I'd argue with that "serious contender" statement.  The Riders were 8-10 in 2012.  The 2013 season was barely 3 weeks in when they officially announced the sellout.

I'd argue with that "serious contender" statement.  The Riders were 8-10 in 2012.  The 2013 season was barely 3 weeks in when they officially announced the sellout.

I'd argue your argument that they weren't serious contenders. They went on a massive FA spree that offseason and started the 2013 season 3-0 with two blowouts.

Some companies and manufacturers refuse to discount their products. The reason being that as soon as you discount it there then becomes the expectation of " why should I pay full price, I'll wait for it to be reduced". You simply then devalue your own product.

The bombers discounted Grey Cup tickets in 1998 so they may very well do it again this year.

if u go to the ticket master web sight, u will notice that all the expensive seats have been sold, only the upper deck and endzone seats are left, so the bombers will still make some cash i bet

Still thousands of $399 and $299 tickets left in the upper deck.  Also tickets are held back for corporations with the option to purchase seats up to certain deadlines.  That is one of the reasons you often see hundreds of tickets being released in prime spots for various events including past Grey CUps in the weeks leading up to the event.  Happened at BC place and Mosaic last year.

Bombers had to pay the league over $5 million for the game this year so I suspect the profits will not be as great as they had hoped.

I'd argue your argument that they weren't serious contenders. They went on a massive FA spree that offseason and started the 2013 season 3-0 with two blowouts.

You could definitely argue that they were making a significant push in FA to sign some big names since they were hosting the big game, but I it would be hard to convince me these moves meant they'd be any better in the win-loss column. 

All that aside, considering the roster moves they made, I could see why the average fan would be encouraged by them heading into the season.