Bombers Practice -- Injury Updates

Noeller

Saying Neufeld is taking reps at center isn't the same as saying Neufeld is taking all the reps at center.  He's probably taking the starting reps and Goosen's taking the backup reps. Might be as simple as Neufeld needs the reps at center to be useful as the 6th O lineman. Goosen seems to be moving forward slower than we'd like for a 1st rounder. 

Saying Neufeld is taking reps at center isn't the same as saying Neufeld is taking all the reps at center.  He's probably taking the starting reps and Goosen's taking the backup reps. Might be as simple as Neufeld needs the reps at center to be useful as the 6th O lineman. Goosen seems to be moving forward slower than I'd like for a 1st rounder. 

Fixed it for you.

Worrying about goossen already...

Priceless!!

Pencer was crapped on immediately. I'm just pointing out the bit of hypocrisy that exists. Walters gets so many free passes by some people and the previous GM got raked over the coals for any little thing 

Priceless!!

Pencer was crapped on immediately. I'm just pointing out the bit of hypocrisy that exists.

You don't see any other differences in their situations?

What's different? Both high draft picks that were a reach taken as high as they were and neither one was able to solidify a roster spot, except  one had a lot of injury excuses at least. 

Priceless!!

Pencer was crapped on immediately. I'm just pointing out the bit of hypocrisy that exists.
You don't see any other differences in their situations?
What's different? Both high draft picks that were a reach taken as high as they were and neither one was able to solidify a roster spot, except  one had a lot of injury excuses at least.
Oh, so that's where he went with it.

How about:

Goossen - taken #2, ranked #4 in o-linemen (#2 for those GMs thought wouldn't bolt to the NFL) and #9 overall, was 3 year conference all-star and captain of his college team heading into draft, no injury history from college or attitude issues to worry about that we know of, played in 15 games and started 3 in his first year, missed 3 games to injury last year before this year's injury woes at the start of camp in just his 2nd season.

Pencer - Taken #3, ranked #6 among o-lineman and not even ranked overall on some draft projections, had serious injury concerns from his college days (both shoulders messed up and caused him to miss significant playing time in university football), walked away from one football program midstream for "personal" reasons, got hurt in practice pretty much right away, one start and 6 or so games on roster before being cut, picked up by Edmonton in may and cut by June this year having seen no action in his 4th season.

And since your gripe is more about Mack not getting cut the same slack, Pencer wasn't his one-off in draft errors. His draft history of off-the-board Etienne, out-of-position Aprile, and never-going-to-see-the-CFL-anyway Mulumba gave him a lot less leeway to make a mistake when he got outplayed for Westerman and then begged people to believe that Pencer was his plan all along in trading up so he wouldn't have to admit he got schooled.

If you want to (still repeatedly) defend Joe Mack, there are better ways to do it than by touting his draft record. Actually, there may not be a better way to defend Mack job-performance-wise, but I doubt there are many worse ways to do it.