Brian Brohm has ...

Brohm is the best backup QB we've had since Pat Barnes. The irrational love affair with Marve is just silly. Just look at what happened when he had a chance to pass, granted it's one play, but it's an option read pass play and he was so indecisive between deciding to run or pass that he just about handed the Tabbies 2 free points. Marve is not ready to play and everyone has the book on him. Just look at how Hamilton played him at the end of the pre-season game, fill the gaps with a delayed rush and make him use his brain and his arm. Marve will be the next guy under the bus if he gets a shot. He's got potential, but if we're looking at him to play this season we are screwed and so is he. Brohm gives us a chance to win, and it was good to see him pull the team out of the stunned stagger it was in after Willy went out.

Bellefeuille called a real shitty game both protection wise and in terms of attacking the blitz. No screens in behind the blitz, no draws, only a few flat footed screens to wide receivers in the 2nd half. Really poor gameplan and basically no adjustments until halftime. Should not take that long to make those adjustments in protection, even if it is to go into max protect and leave 7 blockers in. Only took our QB getting killed and Brohm getting rocked about 3 times before the end of the 1st half to make that adjustment. I didn't think Brohm would survive that half either. Would be nice if Picard could make a block when he gets isolated too, but it's been 9 years and he still can't manage that. Cotton is a hell of a player, but featuring him in the downfield passing game is clearly going to lead to turnovers. Sask dropped a gimme INT on a downfield pass to him in Regina, and Stewart got a touchdown off one today that Cotton barely even waved at. Bellefeuille needs to do better than what he did tonight.

I have a lot of respect for your football knowledge. That being said, I have been watching CFL football for 40 years or so. Brohm is awful. Marve has more innate talent then i've seen in any quarterback in the CFL since Tom Clements or Matt Dunigan. He was born to play in this league. If the Winnipeg coaches can't see that, it will cost them their jobs.

That's insane hyperbole.  You think Marve has more talent than a guy like Collaros?  Marve has shown very little to get excited about as a quarterback at this point is his career, even going back to NCAA.  He's always been a guy with tools but no toolbox to carry them in, and that's where I'd still put him based on what we saw in pre-season.  If a QB can't stand and deliver at even a basic level of consistency, he has no chance to beat a pro defense or even a high level NCAA one.  There's a difference between guys like Collaros who improvise at times but stay on time in terms of reads and progressions the majority of the time and a guy like Marve who takes one look downfield and panics, either scrambles or tosses a ball with his lower body in constant motion killing his accuracy regardless of how big his arm is.  Marve is still very far away from being an effective CFL QB, the tools are there, I'll agree with that, but that's about 1/3 of what a good QB needs.

I get that you're not a huge believer in Marve. I suppose that's fine but man....  There is not one thing about Brohm that is attractive. He is absolutely awful in every sense of the word.

Again, what's the harm in giving Marve some reps and see what he can do? At least the guy has shown an ability to move the sticks in each of his appearances.

Football knowledge or not, I think it was pretty obvious at least in last night's game, that Brohm couldn't get the ball down the field, and wasn't accurate in shorter passes.

Whether that's his arm or something else, I don't know. There were plays where he had plenty of time, and still couldn't get the

pass to the receiver.

If the offence continues like it did last night, some receivers are going to get killed going for an off target pass. Last night Bastien got hammered going for one.

The Defensive line appears to be physically weaker than the offensive lines of the first two teams the Bombers played. They just kind of run into and bounce off the pass protection guys. 

Preseason horrible loss: "It's only preseason"

season opener at home : " season just started, relax they're 1 and 1"

same as last year.

Season is early, but when you see the continuity from last year's dismal effort after the early wins, it's not encouraging. 

Count me as the odd one who am glad Marve didn't play. Don't see the point in putting him in there to get killed.

But I would like to see him get the main reps this week and start against Montreal. Give him time to work with the starters and really see what he can do in a game.

After what Brohm showed, I don't think he deserve the start.

Hall's pillow soft zone D's were driving me crazy, as well.....

Oh ya! Defence was so terrible. Reminded me of Greg Marshalls time here...

Players weren't swarming the ball... soft ass zone coverage...

Hurl and Anderson looking real bad... Westerman as well... Peach still very average.

We got problems on defence for sure

I think there's lots of panic going on in this thread honestly. Willy got hurt buy b4 that the game was close. He went down and the team got rattled for sure. Calling for coaches heads or thinking Marve would have made a difference is crazy talk. I keep seeing brohm is just awful. He might be but the entire team was last night and Marve wouldn't have changed that. He might have provided a spark or maybe he would have got destroyed out there. Regardless we lost. Brohm Marve it's irrelevant when Collaros and the ticat O is slicing our D up like they were doing. Almost 1000 yards against our D in 2 games says it's not a willy brohm or Marve problem.

Hurl was awful? Was it Hurl being beaten badly or our dbs who were playing 10 yards off? Did the ticats even run at Hurl?

He was awful in every sense of the word, and has been every step of the way so far, save for half a game against Calgary last year.

So you're saying he played well when he had a week to prepare with the first unit offense? I agree. That's a sound argument for why he should start next week if Willy can't.
Yea then we get to watch Brohm throw it in the dirt for the whole game woo-hoo!

Funny - now people are on Collaros's bandwagon? hmmmmm who was the guy here who wanted Collaros I wonder hmmmm.......................????? 

Meh, doesn't matter. I think Willy has the tools just not the consistency. He's by far the best we got. Brohm - he's a bum. I don't understand how people here can like him. He's a weak armed QB - his mechanics are wrong. Marve- Like KBF says, he's made for the CFL. He just lacks game experience. That being said, I don't think in any shape or form he's on the same level as Collaros but at the same time Marve hasn't played nearly as much as Collaros so it's a bit unfair to call it either way. 

But for now - my concern is Willy. I hope the bombers are smart enough to keep him out of the next game he's given a clean bill of health to play in. The way our blocking schemes are set up, I can't see him lasting more than 1 quarter before being drilled in the head again. 

Was brohm REALLY the biggest problem? I mean maybe watched a different game but our D was shredded from start to finish. 56 points against. Ya 2 pick 6 really but the D is the concern. What would Marve have done? Probably nothing. The D sucks tho

D was a problem... but 2 pick 6 + a returned punt = 21 points 

35 points against is still bad... but then didn't we also have a turnover deep in our own zone that also lead to a TD (28 points given up when TiCats actually had to move the ball.... not great, not so bad that we should be tearing our hair out)

Remember when everyone around here ripped Lawless for saying the Bombers were mistaken to stick with Joe Mack instead of trying to get in on Kent Austin?

Meanwhile Brohn probably sucks. Like most backup QBs by the way. But what's with everyone just quitting when Drew went down? Talk about zero mental toughness. Despite the narrative this team does not mirror it's coach at all.

Let's just face it...noodle arm Brohm is NOT the answer...The guys mechanics are a mess as well, he lacks arm strength.....He looked a lot like Goltz and we tied the can to him...IF Willy can't go, I want to see Marve...At least we know he can throw and is more elusive even on bad knees...Cats embarrassed us on our own turf and I'm afraid we're going to need an ego booster for the next game....Putting in Brohm ain't it. I hope Mike O will take the blinders off or this is going to be very reminiscent of last years ending..free fall.

Too much worrying about the qbs after this game in my opinion. The Bombers scored a touchdown on their first possession by doing what they did in Saskatchewan and having a good mix of running and passing plays.... but then Bellefool did what he does and when the D folded like a cheap suit he got Drew Willy killed by forgetting he has a couple good rbs on the roster and exposing Willy to a constant and effective blitz. So then the backup goes in and logic says help the guy out with a strong run game.... but nope he puts him in the pocket and exposes him to the same blitzes. He's lucky he didn't get Brohm killed either. 

I said it all offseason, Bellefool is a problem at OC and he needs to go. 

As for the D, in my mind the defensive line is the biggest problem. Hall has always had a soft D, he doesn`t have a DL that can pressure this is what you get. Peach is his usual uniform filling self, Westerman looks more like Busterman and Turner and Anderson aren`t doing much of anything in the middle. Need a real threat at DE and a big time DT in there ASAP to turn this around cause the DL is getting abused consistently through 2 games. 

He was awful in every sense of the word, and has been every step of the way so far, save for half a game against Calgary last year.

So you're saying he played well when he had a week to prepare with the first unit offense? I agree. That's a sound argument for why he should start next week if Willy can't.
Yea then we get to watch Brohm throw it in the dirt for the whole game woo-hoo!

That's O'Shea's secret weapon with Broom. Receivers run down 20 yars and lay down on the field. Only problem is that broom can only throw it 18 yards.....or two yards short of any distance where the receivers lie down..

With Marve Hammy's D would have gotten a workout chasing him, if they could have caught him at all.

Too much worrying about the qbs after this game in my opinion. The Bombers scored a touchdown on their first possession by doing what they did in Saskatchewan and having a good mix of running and passing plays.... but then Bellefool did what he does and when the D folded like a cheap suit he got Drew Willy killed by forgetting he has a couple good rbs on the roster and exposing Willy to a constant and effective blitz. So then the backup goes in and logic says help the guy out with a strong run game.... but nope he puts him in the pocket and exposes him to the same blitzes. He's lucky he didn't get Brohm killed either. 

I said it all offseason, Bellefool is a problem at OC and he needs to go. 

As for the D, in my mind the defensive line is the biggest problem. Hall has always had a soft D, he doesn`t have a DL that can pressure this is what you get. Peach is his usual uniform filling self, Westerman looks more like Busterman and Turner and Anderson aren`t doing much of anything in the middle. Need a real threat at DE and a big time DT in there ASAP to turn this around cause the DL is getting abused consistently through 2 games. 

I agree the knee-jerk QB chatter is unwarranted after Week 2. The fact is this was like a pre-season game for Brohm. Here's the thing about the Dline and MB: They did start to bring pressure on Collaros by the 4th Q. And Bellefueille called a brilliant game in Sask. So while he is the achilles heel of this team and needs to go - that's not going to happen until he calls a few more dud games like last night. Wouldn't be surprised if we see some Dline help coming into town soon.

Hamilton's defence looked very fast to me.

Where are they going to find some D lineman at this point?

And what happened to Bryant Turner? He was  the guy that people raved about, for good reason. 

I suspect that he is being miscast. He`s always been on the smaller side for a DT and would likely benefit from playing next to a Doug Brown type who can just move people out of the way. 

Funny - now people are on Collaros's bandwagon? hmmmmm who was the guy here who wanted Collaros I wonder hmmmm.......................?????

Meh, doesn't matter. I think Willy has the tools just not the consistency. He's by far the best we got. Brohm - he's a bum. I don't understand how people here can like him. He's a weak armed QB - his mechanics are wrong. Marve- Like KBF says, he's made for the CFL. He just lacks game experience. That being said, I don't think in any shape or form he's on the same level as Collaros but at the same time Marve hasn't played nearly as much as Collaros so it's a bit unfair to call it either way.

But for now - my concern is Willy. I hope the bombers are smart enough to keep him out of the next game he's given a clean bill of health to play in. The way our blocking schemes are set up, I can't see him lasting more than 1 quarter before being drilled in the head again.

You aren't the only one who wanted Collaros, you're just the only one that keeps patting himself on the back about it over a year later.

You aren't the only one who wanted Collaros, you're just the only one that keeps patting himself on the back about it over a year later.

Anyone who complains about Bombers missing out on Collaros misses the point: he didn't want to come here. He wanted to play for ex-QB Austin, who wooed him hard to go to Hammy. I can't stand Austin BTW and wish someone had laid a hat on is arrogant chin last night.