Brian Brohm has ...

I think it's safe enough to say, and something most could agree on, that Brohm struggles when thrown into a game cold.  He does better with preparation and practicing the gameplan. Hopefully next week it's one or two steps forward, because he will start if Willy can't, which seems likely.

So everyone who doesn't want to see Brohm behind centre again better try and use the week to deal with the fact that you're going to see more of him than Marve in the near future.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             So that makes him a pretty pretty pretty good back up then? No?

I will say this for Brohm (and I will make it short because I k ow most of you are out for blood), he does seem to get the playbook very well. Aside from those God awful WR screens and short passes MB was forcing on him for his first few series, he always seemed to go for an open receiver who had a chance for the ball. He went for his first read, yes, but the guy always seemed to be the right read.

The problem of course, was Brohm under throwing almost every time. Which was his issue in the pre season too. In my eyes though, that seems like a common problem for the back up QB to have. His biggest issue seems to be timing, which will come with reps/

I will say this for Brohm (and I will make it short because I k ow most of you are out for blood), he does seem to get the playbook very well. Aside from those God awful WR screens and short passes MB was forcing on him for his first few series, he always seemed to go for an open receiver who had a chance for the ball. He went for his first read, yes, but the guy always seemed to be the right read.

The problem of course, was Brohm under throwing almost every time. Which was his issue in the pre season too. In my eyes though, that seems like a common problem for the back up QB to have. His biggest issue seems to be timing, which will come with reps/

Nothing is going to fix that noodle arm though. He throws Max Hall-like rainbows that take an hour to get to the target.

I don't see what you see... Brohm too often makes bad decisions. He'd rather throw an interception than throw the ball into the stands. He also lacks mobility, which prevents him from being able to buy time or avoid sacks. 

Brohm didn't even deserve the backup job after last year's training camp. He was badly outplayed by Marve, just as he was in this year's training camp. Unfortunately for Bombers fans, it seems that character is more important to the coaching staff than ability. 

I kinda want to see Marve go in and poop his pants just to watch the anthill get kicked but good. What is everyone going to do if it happens? Admit they were wrong? Make a million excuses? be an interesting thing to see for sure. 

Yeah if Marve fails to move the ball and gets his ass kicked I'll most certainly ask that they insert Davis at QB eventually. But with Brohm being as awful as he is, what's the harm in seeing what Marve can do with more reps? At least Marve appears to have some potential.

I kinda want to see Marve go in and poop his pants just to watch the anthill get kicked but good. What is everyone going to do if it happens? Admit they were wrong? Make a million excuses? be an interesting thing to see for sure.

I've been waiting for him to poop his pants and he hasn't done it yet. Meanwhile, I watched Brohm play the whole second half weighed down by pants full of poop. I'm not sure how wishing one of our most promising QB prospects in years poops his pants helps the team, or anyone for that matter, but what happens if Marve goes in and lights it up? Five years from now are you guys still going to be waiting to do the Nelson "Ha ha" when Marve eventually does have a bad outing?

If that happens, and it's not too far fetched, then I would question what Danny Mac has accomplished here.

I've been waiting for him to poop his pants and he hasn't done it yet. Meanwhile, I watched Brohm play the whole second half weighed down by pants full of poop. I'm not sure how wishing one of our most promising QB prospects in years poops his pants helps the team, or anyone for that matter, but what happens if Marve goes in and lights it up? Five years from now are you guys still going to be waiting to do the Nelson "Ha ha" when Marve eventually does have a bad outing?

Hey I like Marve a lot just because he's an exciting player that seems to be able to make it work no matter how ugly it is and I want him to turn into a star... but the fan club has gotten to the point where it's annoying. I am convinced that Brohm could throw 80% completions and a few tds and people would still be screaming for Marve. Just so over the top I kinda want to see how the fanbois react to a tough outing by their shining star. 

Nothing is going to fix that noodle arm though. He throws Max Hall-like rainbows that take an hour to get to the target.

lol.

you're right, the ball does look like a 

Hall Pass. 

"

it seems that character is more important to the coaching staff than ability. "

Starting to wonder about that.

Hey I like Marve a lot just because he's an exciting player that seems to be able to make it work no matter how ugly it is and I want him to turn into a star... but the fan club has gotten to the point where it's annoying. I am convinced that Brohm could throw 80% completions and a few tds and people would still be screaming for Marve. Just so over the top I kinda want to see how the fanbois react to a tough outing by their shining star.

I think you are confusing fanbois with fans who just want to see a QB in for us who is going to have the best chance of winning. With Willy's noggin getting a'floggin' (Ned Flanders h/t) a lot of us don't see Brohm as that guy.

LOL...deadly accuracy.  I think you're in dreamland there buddy.  His completion percentage is 50% at best.

Sometimes when I read posts like this I honestly think I must live in an alternate universe, and some here are definitely in dreamland. Do you guys just pass out automatically when Marve is on the field? Is that why you can't see what he does on the run? I also don't get this need by some here to crap on Marve. Why don't you like him? Did he pee in your corn flakes or something?

tumblr_m42vpxhBTM1r9c1z7.gif

No one here is crapping on Marve.  What we're doing is laughing at those of you who think Marve is some kind of savior.  You just called him deadly accurate.  He's not, and the stats show that.

Marve's fancy footwork distracts everyone from the fact that he's still green behind the ears.

yeah yeah the stats show that blah blah blah.  Go and watch that home game again from last year against Calgary.  He threaded a twenty yard pass on the run while being chased right into the arms of Brett Carter.  I can count probably on one hand how many Winnipeg QB's I've watched over the past 20 years who could have made that throw, and completed it, on target.  That's talent that you can't teach. 

Agreed not many can make that play ( to Carter ) much more talent than Brohm not sure what the coaches see in him ( or in many of the other players ) 

I think you are confusing fanbois with fans who just want to see a QB in for us who is going to have the best chance of winning. With Willy's noggin getting a'floggin' (Ned Flanders h/t) a lot of us don't see Brohm as that guy.

No there are definitely fanbois out there. You put a gun to my head I prefer Marve over Brohm too, but I get where the coaches are coming from here. Brohm is more of a pro at this point compared to the very raw Marve. Some people though, they act like Brohm is a moustache twirling villian and Marve is the hero who will fix everything wrong with the team. It's just so over the top. 

Some people though, they act like Brohm is a moustache twirling villian and Marve is the hero who will fix everything wrong with the team. It's just so over the top.

I don't think it is over the top. Did you not watch that awful performance yesterday??? Brohm threw TWO pick sixes!! I'd prefer a mustache-twirling Tom Porras to that right now.

By the second quarter, thanks to a Brohm interception the game was basically over.

Brohm played three quarters of football against a team that was in prevent.  Yes, they blitzed a ton but the middle was open all game and Brohm (and Bellefuile) could not capitalize or even really move the ball at all.

29 years old, one hopping balls, telegraphing throws, no scrambling, no pocket movement...  might as well get Brink here.

We'll see Brohm for another 3-4 games but I don't expect anything to change.

MB has an entire offense built to Willys strengths (one would assume) and Brohm's *ahem* strengths are similar to Willy's from what I understand. Thusly, Brohm can run the offense AS IT IS.

marve has no such ability in my opinion. He is not a pocket passing QB. he is a sprint thru the progressions and then adlib to death. That kind of offense needs to be setup with everyone on the same page..

If Marve goes in now, he's probably got what.. 5 set plays? He would need minimum a full weeks worth of practice (not 4 days) to get everything to ramped up to suit Marves Skillset. Hell, I'd even say he would need a by week as I believe his football smarts (playbook, reads, etc) are not his strong suit..

Brohm played three quarters of football against a team that was in prevent.  Yes, they blitzed a ton but the middle was open all game and Brohm (and Bellefuile) could not capitalize or even really move the ball at all.

So they blitzed a tonne while playing prevent? Is that possible?

My brain just popped I think..

Owie.

So they blitzed a tonne while playing prevent? Is that possible?

You know what I mean - Ham stacked the box early but most of the time the middle was open, looked like a lot of dime and prevent to me - sadly, they still pressured Brohm with all their DBs deep...

Basically, when Hamilton got the lead, the went into the conservative zone D that Richie Hall was hoping to use all game but just couldn't get to work.

Then again, it was pretty hard to pay attention to the second half...