Brian Brohm has ...

That's insane hyperbole.  You think Marve has more talent than a guy like Collaros?

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I say that he has more talent than Collaros? I just said that he has innate talent. And that he was born to play in this league. 

Marve has shown very little to get excited about as a quarterback at this point is his career, even going back to NCAA.  .

Well then I guess we've been watching two different QB's. Marve can throw with deadly accuracy on the run. Brohm couldn't throw with any accuracy from the pocket. I want to see what Marve can do. I've seen enough of Brohm to know that he can't do anything.

That's insane hyperbole.  You think Marve has more talent than a guy like Collaros?

What the hell are you talking about? Where did I say that he has more talent than Collaros? I just said that he has innate talent. And that he was born to play in this league. 

Marve has shown very little to get excited about as a quarterback at this point is his career, even going back to NCAA.  .

Well then I guess we've been watching two different QB's. Marve can throw with deadly accuracy on the run. Brohm couldn't throw with any accuracy from the pocket. I want to see what Marve can do. I've seen enough of Brohm to know that he can't do anything.

LOL...deadly accuracy.  I think you're in dreamland there buddy.  His completion percentage is 50% at best.

LOL...deadly accuracy.  I think you're in dreamland there buddy.  His completion percentage is 50% at best.

Sometimes when I read posts like this I honestly think I must live in an alternate universe, and some here are definitely in dreamland. Do you guys just pass out automatically when Marve is on the field? Is that why you can't see what he does on the run? I also don't get this need by some here to crap on Marve. Why don't you like him? Did he pee in your corn flakes or something?

tumblr_m42vpxhBTM1r9c1z7.gif

Sometimes when I read posts like this I honestly think I must live in an alternate universe, and some here are definitely in dreamland. Do you guys just pass out automatically when Marve is on the field? Is that why you can't see what he does on the run? I also don't get this need by some here to crap on Marve. Why don't you like him? Did he pee in your corn flakes or something?

For the record .. Marve *IS* a 50% passer in the CFL ..

That said, he's fun to watch .. he extends plays with his legs .. and his team SEEMS to respond to him .. the problem is he's not the type of QB our OC can tailor an offense to .. we're essentially trying to stick a square peg in a round hole .. asking a mobile athlete to be a drop back passer .. and make no mistake .. at this point .. Marve is still simply an athlete learning the pro game .. and the CFL game.

Do I think he could be a capable quarterback in the CFL?  Absolutely.  Was I hoping to see him get some reps late in the game last night?  Absolutely.  Do I think he's ready to lead this team?  Not at all.  But he's taking charge in ways that he can .. Cotton started to lose it on the field at one point late in the game last night .. it was Marve who came out and pulled him aside and was talking to him .. the guy has gifts .. but he needs more time to develop them.

Was brohm REALLY the biggest problem? I mean maybe watched a different game but our D was shredded from start to finish. 56 points against. Ya 2 pick 6 really but the D is the concern. What would Marve have done? Probably nothing. The D sucks tho

D was a problem... but 2 pick 6 + a returned punt = 21 points 

35 points against is still bad... but then didn't we also have a turnover deep in our own zone that also lead to a TD (28 points given up when TiCats actually had to move the ball.... not great, not so bad that we should be tearing our hair out)

So you're saying it would have been closer if you take away 4 of Hamilton's TD's.  Can't fault that kind of 'logic'.

Do I think he's ready to lead this team?  Not at all.

I don't either, but what other choice is there if Willy can't go?  Brohm is yet another in a long string of noodle-arms that have come and gone.  He looks like a hybrid between Mike Quinn and Max Hall.

Which is why I had to laugh at the 'Brohm is the best backup since Pat Barnes' comment.  If "Purolator Pat" is the benchmark we have for measuring backup QBs against .. we're in trouble.

Marve definitely needs playing time to see if he gets better or not.  He's younger, faster, more mobile, a better passer and has more upside than Brohm has.  He's also a square peg in a round hole for MB and O'Shea.  There was no downside to giving Marve the 4th quarter last night, except maybe taking the reps away from Brohm.  It might have provided a spark or more of the same, but it sure would have been more interesting to watch.

Saying he's got the most "innate talent" since Clements and Dunigan would suggest that he's more talented than every QB since, would it not?

You guys that have your man crush on Marve are hilarious.  I'm going to start chanting for Dominique Davis to play just because.

You guys who insist to stand behind O'Shea's decisions and keep making excuses for Brohm's poor play are hilarious. There is not one thing that Brohm has done to merit the primary backup position.

I think it's safe enough to say, and something most could agree on, that Brohm struggles when thrown into a game cold.  He does better with preparation and practicing the gameplan. Hopefully next week it's one or two steps forward, because he will start if Willy can't, which seems likely.

So everyone who doesn't want to see Brohm behind centre again better try and use the week to deal with the fact that you're going to see more of him than Marve in the near future.

If Marve can be 50%, not turn the ball over and add some decent yards with his legs then I'd say that gives us a chance to be in most games. Brohm standing in one spot for the D to aim at and missing his targets as often as he did won't give us a chance to be in any games.  We have to see Marve, it's the only way to know.

You guys that have your man crush on Marve are hilarious.  I'm going to start chanting for Dominique Davis to play just because.

You guys who insist to stand behind O'Shea's decisions and keep making excuses for Brohm's poor play are hilarious. There is not one thing that Brohm has done to merit the primary backup position.

Other than being best pals with O'Shea right?

I love how MOS stated in the Sun we left Brohm in the game cause we may need him to start the next one.....

Yeah, and?

And? Ok i will try to make this easy for ya,its like leaving your goalie in when he has let in 10 goals and  then stating we may need him next game? See?

We could leave this guy in for 10 straight it aint gonna change the fact that he makes ol Danny Mac look elusive. Or bring back  Dinwiddie look like,hey his arm wasn't too bad........ 

No one here is crapping on Marve.  What we're doing is laughing at those of you who think Marve is some kind of savior.  You just called him deadly accurate.  He's not, and the stats show that.

Marve's fancy footwork distracts everyone from the fact that he's still green behind the ears.

Saying he's got the most "innate talent" since Clements and Dunigan would suggest that he's more talented than every QB since, would it not?

no it would not.  But that's beside the point.  Collaros doesn't play for the Bombers.  If he did, and I was arguing to play Marve over Collaros, then perhaps your argument would have merit.  It would be insane hyperbole to suggest that Marve is better than Collaros at this point, because he isn't.  But he's all we've got.  And I think he has a lot of talent.

At best? What? His completion percentage is 50% in the regular season, but it would likely have been higher had he played in more ordinary game situations. It's quite difficult to draw conclusions from his stats, considering more than half of his reps were in a snow storm. Marve has been quite successful throwing the ball in preseason FWIW. Brohm has not demonstrated an ability to throw nor run the ball.

I love how MOS stated in the Sun we left Brohm in the game cause we may need him to start the next one.....

Yeah, and?

And? Ok i will try to make this easy for ya,its like leaving your goalie in when he has let in 10 goals and  then stating we may need him next game? See? 

Let me make this easy for you.  You leave the backup QB in to give him reps...to get more practice so that he's ready for the next game.  You don't pull him and shatter what confidence he has to put in another backup QB.  And what if the 3rd stringer sucks too?  You going to pull him to put in yet another backup?  Were you not around when Burke did that **** to this team and completely destroyed all the QB's we had with what little confidence they had?

No one here is crapping on Marve.  What we're doing is laughing at those of you who think Marve is some kind of savior.  You just called him deadly accurate.  He's not, and the stats show that.

Marve's fancy footwork distracts everyone from the fact that he's still green behind the ears.

yeah yeah the stats show that blah blah blah.  Go and watch that home game again from last year against Calgary.  He threaded a twenty yard pass on the run while being chased right into the arms of Brett Carter.  I can count probably on one hand how many Winnipeg QB's I've watched over the past 20 years who could have made that throw, and completed it, on target.  That's talent that you can't teach. 

Yeah, and?

Let me make this easy for you.  You leave the backup QB in to give him reps...to get more practice so that he's ready for the next game.  You don't pull him and shatter what confidence he has to put in another backup QB.  And what if the 3rd stringer sucks too?  You going to pull him to put in yet another backup?  Were you not around when Burke did that **** to this team and completely destroyed all the QB's we had with what little confidence they had?

The Bombers should roll with Marve for as long as Willy is out because Brohm offers no upside and has not demonstrated an ability to throw nor run the ball. He is awful in every sense of the word. Hell, I'd prefer Dominique Davis over Brian Brohm at this point.

Yeah, and?

The Bombers should roll with Marve for as long as Willy is out because Brohm offers no upside and has not demonstrated an ability to throw nor run the ball. He is awful in every sense of the word.

When Brohm was running that sneak into the endzone I honestly thought that I had hit the slow mo button on my remote by accident. 

Ill take green over the vacuum that seems to hover around Brohms.........