Brian Brohm has ...

I kinda want to see Marve go in and poop his pants just to watch the anthill get kicked but good. What is everyone going to do if it happens? Admit they were wrong? Make a million excuses? be an interesting thing to see for sure.

I've been waiting for him to poop his pants and he hasn't done it yet. Meanwhile, I watched Brohm play the whole second half weighed down by pants full of poop. I'm not sure how wishing one of our most promising QB prospects in years poops his pants helps the team, or anyone for that matter, but what happens if Marve goes in and lights it up? Five years from now are you guys still going to be waiting to do the Nelson "Ha ha" when Marve eventually does have a bad outing?

Hey I like Marve a lot just because he's an exciting player that seems to be able to make it work no matter how ugly it is and I want him to turn into a star... but the fan club has gotten to the point where it's annoying. I am convinced that Brohm could throw 80% completions and a few tds and people would still be screaming for Marve. Just so over the top I kinda want to see how the fanbois react to a tough outing by their shining star. 

A loss + Terrible QB play = Frustration + a need for better QB

Brohm 80% completion ≠ sniff of reality

Hate to say this but when the bombers went for 2 and Marve was in. Yikes that was ugly. Ball slips out of his hands. Saved by a penalty but that one pass he did attempt did not inspire much confidence at all. If anything that was pretty much the worst attempt to throw the ball I've ever seen. I like Marve but he's nowhere near ready

Isn't that the second time in his short career that I've seen that exact same thing happen?  For some reason I feel like I saw that happen to him last year as well.  I may be mistaken.

Nope it was definitely the first time that has happened. He has not once committed a turnover, or even fumbled the ball in any of his reps. Meanwhile, Brohm has thrown three interceptions and has lost one fumble, plus at least one more that was wiped out by penalty in his regular season reps alone.

There is nothing wrong with continuing to develop Marve slowly. The way some people want to handle the qb situation is akin to Mike Kelly. Throw guys in and hope for a miracle. That just leaves a trail of broken qbs behind you while Michael Bishop is starting for you. 

If MOS is going to use Brohm as Kelly used Bishop Marve as a third stringer should be ready in perhaps 10 years. Kelly plain refused to put in anybody else while Bishop was spraying the field with errant canon balls.

Unfortunately Brohm did not used the opportunity he was afforded to claim No.2 spot.

So everyone seems to agree that Marve needs experience if he's going to get better.  To get that, he needs reps.  We had a bunch of those available in the 4th quarter last night, but some folks around here don't want to give them to Marve in case we push him too fast and break him?  Huh?  

We should develop Marve slowly?  Why?  So he can become a 29 year old backup without much experience.  Hint:  We've already got one of those on the roster.

Marve's one pass attempt was horrible last night.  No argument from me or anyone else for that matter.  As a reason not to play however, it's weak.  

Willy was 3 for 6 with an INT before he got hurt.  Those kind of numbers won't win many games.  I seriously doubt we win with Willy.  It was obvious we weren't going to win with Brohm's 2 INT's, 3 yard dump passes and dirt throws.  Why not give Marve the 4th if for nothing else than some experience.

So everyone seems to agree that Marve needs experience if he's going to get better. To get that, he needs reps. We had a bunch of those available in the 4th quarter last night, but some folks around here don't want to give them to Marve in case we push him too fast and break him? Huh?

We should develop Marve slowly? Why? So he can become a 29 year old backup without much experience. Hint: We've already got one of those on the roster.

Marve's one pass attempt was horrible last night. No argument from me or anyone else for that matter. As a reason not to play however, it's weak.

Willy was 3 for 6 with an INT before he got hurt. Those kind of numbers won't win many games. I seriously doubt we win with Willy. It was obvious we weren't going to win with Brohm's 2 INT's, 3 yard dump passes and dirt throws. Why not give Marve the 4th if for nothing else than some experience.

This is no time to be throwing logic around!

Some people here decided that Marve wasn't very good a long time ago, and will go to great lengths to defend that agenda even if it means trying to justify playing a sad sack QB who has no business playing in the CFL like Brohm.

Yeah I just don't get the Marve hate around here. Like he was supposed to fail, but didn't, and its pissing people off.

I have watched Marve now all last year, and in the Toronto pre-season game. This kid needs reps. The talent is there.

That being said, I'm not overly upset that he didn't get thrown into the Tiger-Cat den yesterday. The whole O-line seemed to forget how to block for some reason.

I think the "Marve haters" are afraid he may supplant Willy. Right now I don't think it's even close, Willy is our best QB when he's on. I just want to see more consistency from him. Sometimes I think he's trying too hard, especially at home. He seems at his best when he's relaxed, like he was in the first 4 games or so last season (his play started falling off about about game 4 IIRC correctly) and it always seems to coincide with pressure. It's funny, we all razz (myself included) Kevin Glenn on how he can't perform well when he gets hit. Willy is similar - after that first sack no one got close to him last week and look how he did. Yesterday? He started very well and then the Ti-Cats started bringing the heat and Willy started throwing wild, and yelling at his receivers (not sure who's right or not but I'll give Willy the benefit of the doubt that the receivers didn't go where they were supposed to go) which shows me he gets frazzled.

What I liked about Marve last year when he came in, the 'heat' didn't bother him. It's why I went on and on about it in weeks, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc. As every week, Willy was terrible, and yet they left him in. The game I went to here in Edmonton - prime example. Willy did nothing, our defense got us two turnovers deep in eskimo territory. First turnover - 2 and FG. Second turnover, Willy threw a perfect pass to Dexter McCoil for a TD - too bad McCoil is a linebacker for the eskies. He had all of 25 yards passing before he was sacked in the endzone for a safety and was hurt. Brohm comes in next series, with the bombers pinned deep, same half, same defense and moves the ball 30 yards and outpasses Willy in one series. 

Willy still is our best QB though as I said, when he's on. He just has to learn to play under pressure, because if he doesn't he won't be around much longer (contracts are not guaranteed don't forget)

I don't think anyone is a Marve hater. I just think some people don't think he's ready yet. Yeah he should have got some reps but he didn't. So whatever really. The issue I see with some is Marve can do no wrong. Even when he messes up there's an excuse. He deserves more reps but this love ppl always have for the backups is getting ridiculous. Let him develop properly. Learn to make more than 1 read b4 he takes off cuz that won't won games either. He has potential for sure but he's not some saviour

Brohm is just so awful that it's completely pointless to have him take reps. He has no future in this league and does not give the Bombers a chance to win. Marve, on the other hand, could really stand to gain some experience.

Marve may have some things to learn but even then, he is much more effective than Brohm. We better get him some reps and find out what we have in him, otherwise he might leave us at the end of the year and prove to be a solid contributor for another CFL team.

I think Brohm could be a poor mans Kevin Glenn. Brohm does have a quick release.

Quick release? His release is slowwwww. He makes quick reads, sure but that's partly because he can never escape pressure and is unable to buy time with his feet. 

I think Brohm could be a poor mans Kevin Glenn. Brohm does have a quick release.

Quick release? His release is slowwwww. He makes quick reads, sure but that's partly because he can never escape pressure and is unable to buy time with his feet.

That's what I meant.

lol montreal rookie QB first CFL drive, vs. Grey Cup champions, run run run short passes, touchdown.

They spoke about him being a winner.. Similar how people speak of Marve. Montreal has the confidence of starting Cato and at least give him a chance to shine.

We apparently need a massive sampling of Brohm stinking before even giving Marve a chance.

Too lazy to read the whole thread. So who do we think should start next week? :-)

A "we want Marve!" chant last night says it all I think. Is Brohm Bellefeuille's Boltus 2.0? I think so. I can't really understand how anyone could possibly defend Brohm's performace last night, he just has no tools whatsoever it seems like.

If Marve has first team reps this week and playcalls are designed to his strengths he may definitely surprise. The QBs have to be put on the field to show their worth, look at Cato tonight. He's killing it in Calgary. There's nothing worse than watching CFL coach stubbornness who go with their guys through thick and thin no matter how poorly they perform.