Brian Brohm has ...

People can trash talk all they want and I was bad-mouthing Brohm too, BUT, finally I realized that Brohm was thrown in cold...in the worst possible situation. The game changed..the crowd changed...and yes, the Bombers changed the very minute it was obvious that Willy was really injured, and not just knocked down.

You can talk and joke about deflated balls, but the whole team deflated and was in shock for a good quarter after that.

The game was over.

Hamilton knew they had us and worse...we fell into that for a period too.

But above all, we have to realize that that is probably the best defence we are going to see this year. That was an outstanding job of blitzing and play calling and I would have to assume that even with Willy in the game, and with our putrid defence, we would have been swallowed up. Not as badly, but still beaten.

So this talk about Brohm's manner and his putrid arm have got to be taken in context. He never had time to set up and throw. Bad passes? Sure. Short-hopping? Yup. All not good, but like it or not, O'Shea was right in letting him play. (and I wanted to see Marve too) Brohm needs the reps because he is the back up QB...until proven otherwise.

And despite all the rah-rahing for a QB change, do you really think you know what you're asking for?

Yeah, yeah, I know. A chance. A chance to get killed and ruin Marve too.

And despite all the rah-rahing for a QB change, do you really think you know what you're asking for?

Unless you let your thoroughbred out of the barn to run the race, you are never going to know if you could have won the Kentucky Derby.

That being said, in hindsight I'm ok with not playing Marve yesterday.  But I would strongly think about giving him first team reps this week, and then giving him a whole half against Montreal.  It's time to see what he can do, with actual prep, and plays drawn up for him.

Unless you let your thoroughbred out of the barn to run the race, you are never going to know if you could have won the Kentucky Derby.

That being said, in hindsight I'm ok with not playing Marve yesterday.  But I would strongly think about giving him first team reps this week, and then giving him a whole half against Montreal.  It's time to see what he can do, with actual prep, and plays drawn up for him.

I remember a lot of people thinking Goltz was going to be our thoroughbred too...and all the Rider fans who thought Sunseri was too.  Look how that turned out.  I want Marve to succeed, so if they do put him out, I hope he's ready to handle the reigns.

I would have liked to see Marve get some reps in the 4th but i'm not kidding myself in to thinking he would have done much different, I mean, last week what worked was a balanced attack, 25 passing, 25  running, now i kind of understand we were down but even b4 that, it was all passing, not much attempt to run the ball at all really. The play calling was suspect from the start, the way to stop a team from blitzing all night and Hamilton certainly was blitzing quite a bit is to run the ball a bit, even a tiny bit, just establish a bit of a run but we couldn't do that, heck we didn't even try too, part of the reason Willy was killed was because it was pass pass pass pass pass pass pass, you get the idea. Brohm comes in and i'm thinking ok, hopefully MB changes it up a bit and goes to the run a bit more, did he do that? NOPE... he let brohm sit back there and get killed on almost every other play too, pretty tough to throw when you got the other teams Defense in your grill all night long and for the most part, that's what Hamilton did. They backed off a bit but, not really.. i mean they went for 2 to get to 56, they weren't exactly calling off the dogs on O or D, Collaros played until like 4 minutes left, Hamilton was playing to win and win big, they did just that. 

I don't really care if people want to see Marve play but there are a few people here who have made it abundantly clear that if he fails they will be calling for Davis to play. This is insane really, I don't get why people want to ruin promising young qb's.. Marve should have got some reps, at least the 4th or a part of it but... Brohm is the back up and he is the back up for a reason, it's not cuz he's dating bellefeuille or he's MOS's best friend, it's because well, it is what it is really. Marve is in his second year in the league, the constantly calling for the backup and some people even admitting if marve failed they would be calling for the 4th stringer is pretty nuts really.

If marve came in and failed, oh my goodness, this board would explode. I remember a few people last year mentioned maybe shutting down posting for 24 hours after a game is over so people can actually think rationally instead of well, basically see the first several pages on this thread, I'm starting to think that's a pretty good idea. Talking about Brohm and Marve? While Brohm wasn't exactly mr consistent last night, he was far from the biggest problem. People seem to be totally ignoring the fact that Hamilton moved the ball at will against us all night long... from start to finish and seem to be ignoring the atrocious ridiculous really bad, let's get all our QB's killed playing calling from our OC. 

I guess last week was the really good MB, this week, was the really bad. 

I would have liked to see Marve get some reps in the 4th but i'm not kidding myself in to thinking he would have done much different, I mean, last week what worked was a balanced attack, 25 passing, 25  running, now i kind of understand we were down but even b4 that, it was all passing, not much attempt to run the ball at all really. The play calling was suspect from the start, the way to stop a team from blitzing all night and Hamilton certainly was blitzing quite a bit is to run the ball a bit, even a tiny bit, just establish a bit of a run but we couldn't do that, heck we didn't even try too, part of the reason Willy was killed was because it was pass pass pass pass pass pass pass, you get the idea. Brohm comes in and i'm thinking ok, hopefully MB changes it up a bit and goes to the run a bit more, did he do that? NOPE... he let brohm sit back there and get killed on almost every other play too, pretty tough to throw when you got the other teams Defense in your grill all night long and for the most part, that's what Hamilton did. They backed off a bit but, not really.. i mean they went for 2 to get to 56, they weren't exactly calling off the dogs on O or D, Collaros played until like 4 minutes left, Hamilton was playing to win and win big, they did just that. 

I don't really care if people want to see Marve play but there are a few people here who have made it abundantly clear that if he fails they will be calling for Davis to play. This is insane really, I don't get why people want to ruin promising young qb's.. Marve should have got some reps, at least the 4th or a part of it but... Brohm is the back up and he is the back up for a reason, it's not cuz he's dating bellefeuille or he's MOS's best friend, it's because well, it is what it is really. Marve is in his second year in the league, the constantly calling for the backup and some people even admitting if marve failed they would be calling for the 4th stringer is pretty nuts really.

If marve came in and failed, oh my goodness, this board would explode. I remember a few people last year mentioned maybe shutting down posting for 24 hours after a game is over so people can actually think rationally instead of well, basically see the first several pages on this thread, I'm starting to think that's a pretty good idea. Talking about Brohm and Marve? While Brohm wasn't exactly mr consistent last night, he was far from the biggest problem. People seem to be totally ignoring the fact that Hamilton moved the ball at will against us all night long... from start to finish. 

You forgot one thing... if Marve is under center there will always be a running play. ;)

I just don't understand what anyone can possibly see in Brohm. The guy can't throw nor run. I want the Bombers to win first and foremost, amd Brohm does not give the Bombers a chance to win. He's been outplayed by Marve in both of his training camps so far, he's looked awful in practice from my viewings, and has not impressed in game situations.

I can't help but think of his position with the Bombers as anything but a classic case of nepotism.

And who knows what Marve could have done in Brohm's place yesterday? It is unlikely that he'd have thrown two pick-6's, thus eliminating 14 or 15 Ticats points from the board. It is also likely that Marve would have been more successful in sustaining drives and thus keeping the Hamilton offence off the field. This might also have inspired the defence to play a little better...

It is improbable that Marve would won the game, but nonetheless, I'm quite confident that he'd have given us a better chance than Brohm.

I just don't understand what anyone can possibly see in Brohm. The guy can't throw nor run. I want the Bombers to win first and foremost, amd Brohm does not give the Bombers a chance to win. He's been outplayed by Marve in both of his training camps so far, he's looked awful in practice from my viewings, and has not impressed in game situations.

I can't help but think of his position with the Bombers as anything but a classic case of nepotism.

And who knows what Marve could have done in Brohm's place yesterday? It is unlikely that he'd have thrown two pick-6's, thus eliminating 14 or 15 Ticats points from the board. It is also likely that Marve would have been more successful in sustaining drives and thus keeping the Hamilton offence off the field. This might also have inspired the defence to play a little better...

It is improbable that Marve would won the game, but nonetheless, I'm quite confident that he'd have given us a better chance than Brohm.

Agree in a lot of ways. With Marve pose as a threat to run when pocket collapse, the Ti-cats D blitz will probably limit the blitz.

Brohm will always stays at the pocket and will not run.

Probably would have solved a couple of crimes on his way home too. Maybe help deliver a baby too. Is there anything he can't do?

Hate to say this but when the bombers went for 2 and Marve was in. Yikes that was ugly. Ball slips out of his hands. Saved by a penalty but that one pass he did attempt did not inspire much confidence at all. If anything that was pretty much the worst attempt to throw the ball I've ever seen. I like Marve but he's nowhere near ready

Hate to say this but when the bombers went for 2 and Marve was in. Yikes that was ugly. Ball slips out of his hands. Saved by a penalty but that one pass he did attempt did not inspire much confidence at all. If anything that was pretty much the worst attempt to throw the ball I've ever seen. I like Marve but he's nowhere near ready

Lol I might agree with you but that looked like a fluke more than anything. I don't know about you but I could only laugh when that happened.

And as has already been said, that was Marve's first "turnover" in all of his preseason + regular season reps so far. He has proven to be a very "safe" QB for the Bombers. To look at that one play and conclude that he is "nowhere near ready" is foolish. All I know is that he's more ready than Brohm ever was, is and ever will be.

Isn't that the second time in his short career that I've seen that exact same thing happen?  For some reason I feel like I saw that happen to him last year as well.  I may be mistaken.

I don't really care if people want to see Marve play but there are a few people here who have made it abundantly clear that if he fails they will be calling for Davis to play.

LOL, I hope you don't mean me. That whole rooting for Davis because everyone was rooting for Marve was all sarcasm baby.