Darian Durant Torn Achilles

Geebrr

Terrible news for the first week of the CFL - FOUR Qb's done for a little while. Though Crompton shouldn't be out too long - Lebevre is out for prob 4 to 6 weeks. Durant is done for the season - I don't know about you guys but if I'm a starting QB and my team signs Kevin Glenn I demand a trade immediately - it's like a black cloud follows that man around. 

Reilly is tough to say - he may forgo surgery, and if he does and just rehabs and wears a brace he could be back by end of August. However, if I'm him, I have the surgery which I'm sure is a 4 to 6  month recovery. 

At this rate - we could have Michael Bishop and Justin Goltz as starting QB's by labour day. Who's next - Lulay?

The CFL should sponsor a Kevin Glenn lotto to see which team gets him next year.  At this rate he'll be playing into his mid 50's.

Done and Done (sounds like a law firm)..... AND it sounds callous but this is a tough game and you better be prepared for the worst...How many guys have we lost to injury this early in the season and I didn't see anyone crying for our loss...Quarterbacks....sure they are a valuable commodity and it hurts the league BUT there should be better people waiting in the wings (in our case Marve) instead of old hacks like Glenn...I see we've signed Davis today...hmmmmm I hope that's not a precursor...

Never like to see a guy get a serious injury.

I don't remember them feeling too bad for us in 2007 though.

Hopefully he has a speedy recovery, I like the best players playing.

Really hate to see anyone go down, especially for season enders in the first week. Greatly changes the landscape of the West, Edmonton and Sask both face a much tougher challenge now. Saskatchewan already seems like they're in big injury trouble, not only with Durant done but with several starters.

Really hate to see anyone go down, especially for season enders in the first week. Greatly changes the landscape of the West, Edmonton and Sask both face a much tougher challenge now. Saskatchewan already seems like they're in big injury trouble, not only with Durant done but with several starters.

The injured Canadians will absolutely gut them.  They have no replacements.

The injured Canadians will absolutely gut them. They have no replacements.

Paging Migs to say some 4th stringer is a star in waiting. They will be raiding PRs

I don't personally wish any ill on Durant as a person, as much as I've often grown sick of hearing about him all the time from that clown Rod Black, but good QB play is something that's good for the league and both Durant and Reilly, though they've been a pain in our asses, are part of what makes the league what it is and the league needs villains as much as it needs good guys at QB.

That being said, no remorse for the Riders fans as a whole, they bragged about getting Kevin Glenn this offseason and now they've paid for it.  We get the bragging rights on this game and they have no excuses that can fly.

For Edmonton, again nothing personal against Reilly but he has tried to be Ben Rothlisberger too much and it was only a matter of time before someone cleaned his clock out by sacking him like that.  Plus I hate Chris Jones who's an absolute ***hole and he doesn't deserve any Cups to hoist.

For Montreal, I expect it'll be a couple weeks for Crompton, but nothing too bad, and besides that, not sure but might even be a blessing in disguise if Cato is an upgrade.  Dan LeFevour, he's been on that path too much, and unfortunately, QBs who go running all the time like that expose themselves too much to Buck Pierce-type hits.

Sounds like we may have an asset to dangle out there.

....AND IF we are holding all the cards...I want a damn good football player plus coming back our way...Just remember back when we were in deep do-do and nobody would even lift the receiver....tough game this game of football.