The Day Early Game Day Thread - WPG @ SSK

Game one for The defence and it was in Regina (where crazy always happens), let's see what happens next week against Collaros before we write off the LB core ...

Need to fix run D before week 4...  If Hurl is making the same mistakes and has same tendencies as last year, that's not going to change - moving our NI to WIL is at least a start, middle was wide open last night

I'm willing to give them some benefit of the doubt, first real game in a new D, new players.. Heck all three of those linebackers were either not on the team last year or...in randles case was playing corner so it's gonna take some time to gel i'd imagine. It is concerning a bit but at the same time, need to give them more time, surely as the season goes on one needs to believe they will get better.

I do like the idea of Washington at SAM tho, i think the guy is a great tackler and has speed to burn so perhaps playing him there might be an option, maybe move Bass to the middle or even Waggoner who was a beast on special teams and may very well be our future middle linebacker. 

Just throwing crap against the wall here but gotta keep in mind it was just 1 game, new D, several new players too (BASS,WESTERMAN,HURL,adams,wright at safety who seemed lost) 

I think we might be missing Moe Leggett more than we think. 

Did anyone see the TSN highlfight package of the gme? You would think the bombers didn't even play in the game. Stupid TSN showed one measily bombver play. (the Nick Moore TD) Just a joke IMO.

For crying out loud Drew Willy went 22-25 with over 300yrds 3 td's and no picks...but all they talk about is oh riders this Darian Durant that.

I hope when the TV rights come up that the games get split between at least two networks. This monopoly garbage promotes sub par broadcasts. Just like cbc near the end.

Totally agree with a lot of what's being said by most of you, but I gotta say things like " our run d has to get better by week 4" ok, settle down. It's week 1 man, we have a number of rookies just getting their feet wet to our game, give them time to gel and know where each other are going to be for more than a month. It will happen.

Same goes for our O-line, yes it is a huge upgrade from last season but I am more looking forward to when they are a single unit and have an actual full season together! They gave up 1 sack to one of the best D-Lines in the league and are still getting to know each others tendencies that alone is impressive!

Bass and Hurl were both pretty good and looked confident when they were in the game. I would kind of be curious what the Bombers would look like with a 3-4 defense and could play both of them in the middle. Now some of the guys on here have a stronger background of the game than I and wouldn't mind hearing their thoughts on that but I think our run d would be a lot better if you had both those guys filling a gap.

On a completely different note (rant) When the hell is tsn going to get some decent commentators Black/Forde are BRUTAL!!!! I thought I was watching a Riders practice with the amount of talking they were doing about the Bombers. I guess I expect to much from TSN, for them to find some announcers that aren't extremely bias to 6 of the 9 teams in the league.... I'm done.

Good Win Blue! 

Can anyone explain why that kickoff wasn't a safety?

Something to do with the refs saying his momentum was taking him out of bounds. I agree it should have been a saftey.

Unless, of course, if it had been a Bomber returner. Then you all would say it was the proper call.

When was the last time anyone has seen a safety called in a situation like that. I'm going to guess never. And don't try to say it hasn't happened before either.

Someone mentioned they would be posting the game; has anyone had a chance to do so as I would love to watch it.  I was travelling on the way home and unfortunately only Telus Optik people get access to TSN GO, those whom are out on acreages don't get access where I live :(

Someone mentioned they would be posting the game; has anyone had a chance to do so as I would love to watch it.  I was travelling on the way home and unfortunately only Telus Optik people get access to TSN GO, those whom are out on acreages don't get access where I live :(

Anyone have a link to youtube or anything for the game?

TrueBlue

Posted 28 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Thought I saw a non-call on Glenn when he shovelled a pass to absolutely no one when being rushed on a particular play. Ball didn't even come close to crossing the line of scrimmage.

Yes, that friggin' throwaway was definitely a friggin' throwaway and cost us a friggin' sack!!