TC Report: Day 6

Jpan85

Who can blame him, he obviously wants to go to the NFL.

Yeah .. just tossing it out there for discussion .. I personally don't think he has the leg or consistency to legitimately compete for a kicking spot down south .. but found the "tone" of the tweet interesting (if nothing else)..

Leg, maybe not. But what makes you question his consistency?

Was more a quick comment on his punting ability vs his place kicking .. sorry .. should have clarified .. just shot off a quick note on my phone.

Bob Irving @BobIrvingCJOB

Sam hurl having another good day in bomber camp after receiving ringing endorsement from coach O'Shea

I sure hope we're paying him what he's worth.

If O'shea thought he is good, then I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope he's not looking at it blindly, just like how he saw Ejiro Kuale at last year's TC.

Has anyone heard the description, "S/he wouldn't say **** if her/his mouth was full of it"? For me, that was the most annoying thing last season- that there were really, really inept players (and at least one coach) on the team, and everyone was pretending that all was sweetness and light. I know about the code of silence and all that, but there ought to have been someone who called bullpoop and at least at the end of the season named names and swung the axe.

Wellllll, neither Etcheverry or Kuale are on the team anymore. Or did you want someone to literally kill them with an axe? Because then our GM would be in jail.

NFL field goal kickers seem to be automatic at fifty yards. Misses are not acceptable at fifty yards or less

Is Lirim able to do that? 

I think you're mistaken.  NFL kickers are still human.  You are describing a top-10 guy in the NFL.  Lirim doesn't have to be at that level to make it.  I think the average from beyond 50 is about 65% in the NFL.  40-49 yards is where you make your money though, and you've gotta be at least 70% to last in the NFL.

:) Coorsman says to let you know this #89 has a real shot to make the team..... ;)

(Such a pro...fluid running, great hands...)

I'd say #89 is a lock. Someone pointed out that #5 has been getting a real look from the coaches as well. We'll keep an eye on 'em both this season. A guy can learn so much and real sense of the up and comers from watching TC.

:) Coorsman says to let you know this #89 has a real shot to make the team..... ;)

I'd say #89 is a lock. Someone pointed out that #5 has been getting a real look from the coaches as well. We'll keep an eye on 'em both this season. A guy can learn so much and real sense of the up and comers from watching TC.

The battle at the center position has been intriguing as well.

If I may add, #70, #46 and #1 are locks too. I think in just 6 days of TC they already have done well and prove they can play in the CFL and worthy of spots in the 44. ;)

If I may add, #70, #46 and #1 are locks too. I think in just 6 days of TC they already have done well and prove they can play in the CFL and worthy of spots in the 44. ;)

Yeah, there is lots of numbers out there. I notice some guys have them and some don't. The guys with numbers seem to work harder though. Some yelling to. It gets loud. I've never seen such a keen sense of team prior to this year. MOS even has the vets keyed up. From what I could tell it seems that there are two factions amongst the players on this years edition. Some of the players got together and are wearing blue and the other guys, seems about half of them, are wearing white. Considering that it's entirely possible that the players thought this scheme up themselves, MOS just might have to sit back and enjoy the show without having to break a sweat. THATS leadership bringing out the initiative. Should this trend of comraderie continue, MOS could be in the top 10 for the coach of the year awards. Yeah, it's early. But if MOS gets tangled up in the snarl on Pembina south of Chancellor Matheson, he shouldn't have to worry about the players missing practice reps without him.

Two separate factions in camp eh?  I don't like to hear that.

KBF. I never thought of it as problematic. But maybe your onto something. Wish someone would ask the coaches about that. Ah, they'll just gloss over, say everything is fine. Say its normal. Say this is what teams do. You know. Same malarkey. Keeping the fans in the dark. But it seemed somehow ok today that the numbered guys did all the running around, and the guys without numbers just watched and bitched. I'm sure, MOS will get this all straightened out in the locker room. That's what he's good at.

Was at both sessions today and on the players sideline with the WHSFL. My thoughts as it was the first day of camp I have been to this year. I mostly followed the back 7 on D and skilled guys on O. Sorry about the spelling want to get this done fast lol

1)     WR- Jhomo Gordon was the best WR out there today and was flying past dbs.  Bastien the Canadian kid I like alot too and had a good day. Adams played really well again today, had 5 or 6 nice grabs in team and skelly. Reaves i am sorry to say it was god awful today. Had a lot of drops, shaq just took a ball away from him. Body language was not great I think camp might be getting to the basketball kid. Also heard from another WHSFL coach he is the last guy in the building ever day, most guys walking to practice and he is just getting to the locker room.

2)     DB- Shaq made some great plays out there, will make this roster. Sherman doing a great job at the safety spot getting people lined up right. Morgan has all the skills just has not played much football and you can tell by his eye discipline. Coaches working with him a lot on it. Unamba had a good day as well, nice int in the green zone. Refs were out and called about 5 holding callings on the dbs threw out the practice, which was not too bad. They worked a lot of switch calls early against 3 wide side. Wash and Bruce J doing alot of coaching and helping the young guys. Wash is stepping up as the leader

3)     LB- I know a lot of you hate on hurl already but he was the best player on D today in the team sessions. Made 4 or 5 great plays that got the D hyped. Very vocal getting guys lined up and in position. First time seeing him play since last year and the bombers could have picked him up at the right time.  Watched a lot of Waggoner at the will and he will be a star in a year or two. Just needs to learn how to play lb and get into the right spots. Great pick up. A lot put in today blitz wise and I think our new DC was maybe was not allowed to do a lot of what he wanted in SASK last year or it could be the Greg Knox affect.

4)     Rb- did not watch much but cotton stood out along with Scott who had a 40 yard td run

5)     Qb- was not there best day. Portis was not great but heard he was lighting it up the last few days.  Marve looked good but had one bad INT. Willy was the best still. Don’t see Yantz making this team with the depth and lack of reps

3)     LB- I know a lot of you hate on hurl already but he was the best player on D today in the team sessions. Made 4 or 5 great plays that got the D hyped. Very vocal getting guys lined up and in position. First time seeing him play since last year and the bombers could have picked him up at the right time.

No, it's pretty much just one person.

(And how much did OShea pay you to lie about Hurl's performance?)

Again... I ask if Veltung is even on the team?  I never see his name either good or bad.  He ran a 4.39 at WSU Cougars Football day and ran a 4.46 at U of I... 4 years later!  This man has talent and lots of it!  What's happened to him?  Did he hit on the coaches wife or what?