Oilers Win Draft Lottery

Hutchinson, plus either Myers or Trouba, and a swap of picks for Eberle.......that's your starting point.

They won't get that much.  Oilers aren't in a strong negotiating position, everyone knows the cupboard is pretty much bare.

No one is trading a young star D for a young star RW.

1st round, Enstrom, Comrie for Eberle - that's about as far as I'd go.

Im curious where chevy n Maurice stand with the whole Pav/Hutch situation and direction. Did pavelecs strong finish and hutch's stumbles sway any change of opinions?

Id have said earlier, keep hutch, Pavelec's expendable but can see that opinion 180'ing and we need hellebuyck maybe even comrie getting some valueable ice time. I'd still prefer Hutchinson over Pavelec tho, and believe Pavelec still has value if dangled to a team needing league average goaltending

Scheif and Wheeler were pretty good together.  Once Perreault got put there too, they seemed to have chemistry.  I thought Scheif looked great in Game One of the playoffs until his penalty and then seemed a little too careful not to make that mistake again and didnt seem as engaged.  But the top line had it's issues (injuries) and I think the Ducks' strategized to control the Scheif line more.

Ill be looking for Scheif to put up stronger numbers next season.  Good as a rookie, decent as a sophomore, now is the time I step up and start working towards being the number one center they expect him to be.

Eberle is far too soft. Fill this team with 6ft 4 inch tough guys who can skate. Preferably North American. And yes I realize I sound like Don Cherry but I don't see how else we get by Anaheim and LA.

Yeah I hate players who can score at about a .8ppg rate. That's even taking into account the Dallas Eakins Regression Phenomenon (DERP) Eberle isn't a giant but he's a damned good player. Sublime hands and knows how to put up points when he doesn't have a ***** for a coach. 

I could see some trades happening, but... I think it's more likely that Edmonton is the team making those "big" trades. I don't think the Jets will, might move Buff, might not, depends on what he wants in terms of money and term on an extension. If he wants too much term and money, he'll be traded for sure. If not, he won't be. 

Chevy doesn't seem like the kind of guy to trade any of the prospects we have or any of our picks tho, I don't see it happening. If anything, i see us trading buff and maybe burmi as a throw in for another 1st round pick. He won't be moving any that's for sure. 

IMO, untouchables are the guys Chevy has drafted and or traded for and guys like ladd,little,wheeler and even Toby because we have nobody on the left side that is even remotely good enough to be that number 1 LHD. 

Apparently the word is, they're looking at Chiarelli for KLowe's old gig, which was President and head of hockey ops. So MacT would be doing grunt work, but the final word will always be Chia. I'm only okay with this if it means that MacT isn't allowed to make any kind of decisions...

Chiarelli has been given Lowe's spot AND MacTavish's!

And there is much rejoicing in Edmonton. That's a good hockey guy who built the Bruins into one of the top teams in the league. Lots of speculation because of all the Hockey Canada connections that Babcock is going to wind up as coach, but Todd Mclellan is an option too, possibly Claude Julien if the Bruins fire him. Any of those three would be a quantum leap better than Dallas Eakins. 

Any coach in the league is better than Dallas Eakins. He absolutely destroyed our team. I cannot even believe the Flyers are even considering hiring that guy. He belongs in the AHL.

Many coaches b4 Eakins came in. Same roster too. It's an on ice problem. Too many small skilled forwards with no heart

yeah and all those other coaches got more out of that team. Eakins also had the best roster on paper to work with too. See it's assessments like yours that only take into account the ranking in the league and don't actually look at what was happening with that team. Every year before Eakins that team had made progress. Maybe not a lot, but it was progress. More points in the standings, goals for were going up, goals against were going down, then Eakins comes in and sets it all back to where it was when they started. 

Where were the Oilers b4 he was fired and where did the Oilers finish? Not much difference.

Did you read what I just wrote? Like at all? I called out people for only caring about where they were in the standings and NOT looking any deeper into what was happening with the team. Jesus Christ people. 

enough of this "Herp derp LOLOilerz!" bullshit. Look deeper and you will see just how badly Eakins set things back. No one has ever claimed they'd be a great team with a different coach, only that Eakins torpedoed the progress that was being made as small as that progress was. Todd Nelson came in and the team was so much better it wasn't even funny, and that was with Petry traded, Hall hurt for a bunch of it, Perron long gone and a few other injuries as well. Anyone who has taken the time to actually look at the situation properly knows that Eakins was a trainwreck. He should have been fired a month into his tenure, instead MacT got stubborn and kept him around for a year and a half and only fired him when Bob Nicholson made him. 

Eakins was obviously a bad choice but I don't think his effect was that great that it pulled a playoff team down into almost last place in the league.  Maybe Edmonton would have been more competitive.  I think with a good coach and a few veterans, the turnaround could be relatively quick.  But it's going to take a good coach and definitely a few smart additions because the roster still has multiple holes.  They need depth and experience.