Oilers Win Draft Lottery

The @EdmontonOilers have won the NHL Draft Lottery and now hold the first drafting position for the First Round of the 2015 #NHLDraft.

@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Right now Oilers CEO Bob Nicholson just fainted”. So did Sabres gm Tim Murray.

He didn't seem happy and honestly I wouldn't be either. Edmonton is such a poorly run franchise. If I'm Edmonton I'm moving one or more of hall Eberle draisaitl or RNH for D help cuz without any legit D men it won't matter at all how good McDavid is

I like what Noeller had to say about the oilers in a different thread: they need to be backing the money truck up to Chiarelli's door right about now.

They've gotta do something to show they're serious about turning it around. The franchise's credibility will sink even lower if McDavid refuses to report.

And as always lol Leafs.

Sucks to be the teams that tanked to try to land that pick.

Oilers were bad but not deliberately bad IMHO.

Now my views on Buffalo are well know. I hate what management did to that team. I feel that their fans have had to go through 2 years of tanking to get high draft picks and lost the lottery both years.

On the bright side the #2 pick is almost as good.

It's been said before. Oiler management will screw it up just like before and until the oilers start winning. Well. Nothing can be said to make me think otherwise. Great having all these skilled forwards but with no d or goaltending they won't win.

They need a rule to prevent this from happening again. A team should not be rewarded for such poor management.

I'm sure McDavid will report. It's what you do in sports. But his agent will probably have some tough question for management about the future. As much I would hate to see a player refuse to report I would laugh if it did happen.