Oilers Win Draft Lottery

I always forget about Burmi.

That is not flawed thinking, and you should probably keep doing it.

Yeah probably but Id love to see what maurice gets out of him.  It depends what source you listen to but one source said Burmi was totally fine with going back to Winnipeg and another said he didnt want to play for Winnipeg. I believe Maurice did talk to him though.  He wont get us much on the trade market but if we accept that Chevy holds out for full value, he's a first round draft pick that put of decent numbers and played all situations.  He has value.

and goalies don't have much value in trades either so don't pretend you're going to get anything of value from anyone for a goaltender. 

You'll get more from a goalie prospect though.

No you won't. Goalie prospects are notoriously flaky and hold little value. There are so many serviceable goaltenders out there every season no one is going to spend big unless they really get their heart set on someone. Goalies are important but they hold about the least trade value of any position. 

and goalies don't have much value in trades either so don't pretend you're going to get anything of value from anyone for a goaltender. 

You'll get more from a goalie prospect though.

No you won't. Goalie prospects are notoriously flaky and hold little value. There are so many serviceable goaltenders out there every season no one is going to spend big unless they really get their heart set on someone. Goalies are important but they hold about the least trade value of any position. 

Thats where adding say Pav to a buff for eberle trade might be enticing for both teams, IF the Jets feel comfortable riding Hutch,  or vice versa,  but if its Pav,  might as well do it while he has even a little value. I think this works for both teams, imo unless MacT is the type of dealer that offers a bag of pucks n a roll of hockey tape,  then maybe we look elsewhere

MacT may be fired. Former bruins GM in talks with Edmonton apparently. If that happens I could see the oilers making several trades

They won't make a lot of trades, but Chiarelli in for MacT is the quickest and surest way to respectability for that team...

They might because Peter C has no prior history with some of the guys macT and crew drafted. I think they almost have too make some trades. Eberle being the most likely. Changes on ice need to come. You ain't gonna be signing ufas. There are barely any. Trades is the only option really to fix that D there. One or more of the young guys being traded would bring back d help. With no D or Goaltending. Oilers will suck again.

MacT seems afraid to make trades.  He really must have no game when it comes to negotiations.  They need a strong dealer to right the ship.  They have a ton of assets and still suck.  That speaks to asset distribution. 

The same could have been said about Chevy until this season.  Just saying though, not trying to compare the two because clearly Chevy had a plan & stuck to it while MacT has been ... well I have no idea what that guy has been doing!

Burmi issues might be attitude related. Jets seem to be high on guys with good character. Not sure Burmi is one of those guys.

They kept Kane for years until the issue was forced.

Kane has and had more talent and potential than Burmi.

We werent discussing talent.

Exactly - we were discussing Burmistrov...

If you want to keep setting these up for me, I don't mind.

Apparently the word is, they're looking at Chiarelli for KLowe's old gig, which was President and head of hockey ops. So MacT would be doing grunt work, but the final word will always be Chia. I'm only okay with this if it means that MacT isn't allowed to make any kind of decisions...

Burmi issues might be attitude related. Jets seem to be high on guys with good character. Not sure Burmi is one of those guys.

They kept Kane for years until the issue was forced.

Kane has and had more talent and potential than Burmi.

We werent discussing talent.

Exactly - we were discussing Burmistrov...

If you want to keep setting these up for me, I don't mind.

If you dont think Burmi has talent, then you're not a very good judge of talent.

I don't see the Jets trading anyone in the off season.

i dont see anything significant either, would be nice,  but I think deadline would be time teams are more willing to pull trigger just because itll be alot more known if they need to make a serious push for the playoffs or not. Then again a team like Edmonton has to start giving their fans something.  If they come out of the gate like crap after 4 of the last 6 1st overalls (or something like that) heads will be rolling all season long and once again Edmonton wont be looking at growing spring time beards