Bob Irving: Max Hall To Start

yeah and I was more pissed off than anyone when they dumped Glenn because Glenn could still play, Pierce can't play. There is no comeback story there. Best case scenario he gets his level of play back up to not as shitty as guys making their first career starts, but then you still have to deal with him being a walking injury case. Pierce is ****** in the head right now, he makes slow decisions and he is rendered completely ineffective by a blitz because of that hesitation. At least Goltz will give himself a chance by being able to move more and Hall seems to get the ball out of his hands quicker. 

He's the number one QB until someone takes it from him and thus far, no one has.  I hope Hall does this week.  I just dont think he will.

completey disagree. He was #1 because it was given to him, the other two qbs have outperformed him this year and he has done absolutely nothing to earn it. 

So Goltz is the number one then?  Oh...

Mike, if I recall correctly, you were very pro-Buck until last season when you switched to Joey (as did I).

Buck got us to the Grey Cup, then in came Crowton and whatever was going on between him and Lapo.

It's all moot now because niether of us make the decision.  But we've seen a QB get run out of town that everyone wished we had back and it just seems silly to repeat that mistake until a bonafide starter actually arrives.  Even if Buck was gone, would we go into next season with Goltz & Hall and without a veteran?  Never a bad idea to have a veteran, even if his best days are behind.

Wrong choice.  And by the time the team realises it, the season will be truly lost.

But I hope Hall has a hell of a game.

I wouldn't say it's the wrong choice. It would have been the wrong choice to start Goltz but Hall showed enough to warrant another look. He just needs to learn not to force things when the team trails, and that will come with time.

Wrong choice.  And by the time the team realises it, the season will be truly lost.

But I hope Hall has a hell of a game.

Judging by your posts and opinions you feel more like someone who hangs out at that other site  ;).

Anyways, thankfully we didn't go full circle back to Buck although I wouldn't be surprised if hes back in the lineup for LD.

That's my biggest fear. I do NOT want to travel to Regina and have to sit through a game with that guy behind center.

Mike, if you're going to the LDC to enjoy the game, you're gonna have a bad time.

Mike, if I recall correctly, you were very pro-Buck until last season when you switched to Joey (as did I).

Buck got us to the Grey Cup, then in came Crowton and whatever was going on between him and Lapo.

It's all moot now because niether of us make the decision.  But we've seen a QB get run out of town that everyone wished we had back and it just seems silly to repeat that mistake until a bonafide starter actually arrives.  Even if Buck was gone, would we go into next season with Goltz & Hall and without a veteran?  Never a bad idea to have a veteran, even if his best days are behind.

You mean he was along for the ride.

I was always very supportive of Buck when he was playing alright. I wanted him to succeed and while he was never an elite level QB for us, he at least did an okay job of managing things for us while he was in the lineup. Unfortunately, since the Banjo Bowl two years ago when he threw 5 picks and got lit up by Craig Butler, he's never been the same. His numbers since that game do not deserve my support.

Buck has never been an on-field leader for us on a consistent basis and while he played at a higher level for us a few years ago, his mental and physical game has broken down so much that he's just no longer a viable option.

The coaches spent all offseason designing a max protection offense to basically keep him healthy and in the game at the cost of production. It didn't work because it's not an effective scheme for his skillset or what's left of it.

They took the reins off and let him play HIS game and it got him injured after one half of football.

He's just not durable enough to play the style of football that gives him the best chance at being effective anymore. Keeping him safe comes at the cost of rendering him useless.

If we had a better O line, few injuries on receiver and a better CFL style Offence designed to take advantage of his skillset, do you believe he'd fail?  Or is it just the injury issue?  Max Hall got hurt in one game this season.  It happens to everyone.  Buck was ready to come back.  I wouldnt hang "injury" on him this year. 

Yup...it's a great idea to pay a guy starter's money when he's not good enough to start!

According to Toth, the gave some thought to starting Goltz as well. That's really good news to me b/c it means Pierce wasn't even in the discussion.

Hopefully he is #2, I have a feeling we will see the backup.

Looks like the snack of choice will be Quacker Jacks for the next Killer griller Gameday Extravaganza.

Impressed that the Bombers didn't cave to pressure and put Buck back in.  

Hall gets a 2nd start, and we can go from there.  

So could we put an end to the whole Buck should be #1 thing until after the friggin game at least.  The team has made their choice, so accept it for whatever amount of time it lasts.

Buck was bad last year and mediocre the year before.... Buck also had healthy receivers this season and could not perform..... Unknown poster is just trolling because no one normal would back buck this much. Just stirring the pot.

I'm a troll?

Id tell you to GFY but that probably violates some board rules.  Funny how "doesnt share same opinion" always = "troll".  HA!

Great decision...  Hall is our best option right now - plus we will start seeing if Crowton was the problem or if Hall is another interception machine...

Get a fourth QB in camp already!!!

with Bellfail in as OC, I expect a call has already been placed to Quinton Porter.

I was kind of wondering about that... but one would almost wonder if Bellefuille has had enough of the Porter experiment - he probably shudders when he looks at Goltz's film as he's pretty close to a Porter-style QB...

Then again, who else is out there...?  Not much.