Bob Irving: Max Hall To Start

Wrong choice.  And by the time the team realises it, the season will be truly lost.

If you'd listened to our new offensive coordinator you'd know that they already realize that the season is lost, in large part because they stuck with Pierce for as long as they did. Lots of talk about evaluation of players now which is coaches code for "well not much to play for now"

Wrong choice.  And by the time the team realises it, the season will be truly lost.

But I hope Hall has a hell of a game.

You know ...

I'm all for alternate opinions.

But I'm starting to get a bit annoyed with your defense of Buck.

"Just because" is not a good enough reason. I'd love to actually see you explain your opinion and back it up with something substantial other than you think it's a bad move because you have a personal favorite based upon, well ... what kind of appears to be nothing. You keep saying "Buck is better" .. prove it?

Judging by your posts and opinions you feel more like someone who hangs out at that other site ;).

Anyways, thankfully we didn't go full circle back to Buck although I wouldn't be surprised if hes back in the lineup for LD.

Judging by your posts and opinions you feel more like someone who hangs out at that other site  ;).

Anyways, thankfully we didn't go full circle back to Buck although I wouldn't be surprised if hes back in the lineup for LD.

That's my biggest fear. I do NOT want to travel to Regina and have to sit through a game with that guy behind center.

First half of last game Hall was basically 12/12 (his passes on the Matthews Drop and Poblah Drop were both VERY catchable)

Only 3 drives ended up as punts:
-One where Simpson rushed for 0 yards and on second down Hall was forced to scramble - I don't know if anyone got open before Hall could have found them.
 -When Matthews dropped a catchable pass for a 1st down

- a drive where we couldn't get 2 yards running on second down.

---

I'm pretty sure the SAM blitz where he got flattened and lost the ball should have been slowed by our RB although I guess if he had stepped into the pocket he might have dodged it - After that point he just wasn't playing quite the same.

all in all the first half I thought Hall looked pretty damn good... just some miscues from OTHER PEOPLE on offense stopped us from scoring any points.

That's my biggest fear. I do NOT want to travel to Regina and have to sit through a game with that guy behind center.

well at least we can likely count on the riders putting him on the IR for a lengthy time again. There is just absolutely no reason to go back to Buck Pierce at this point. Biggest mistake of the offseason was sticking with him trying to tailor the offense to keeping him healthy and having that absolutely bomb because PIerce can't play that way and then scrambling to change it all around and then shuffling through all the qbs. Just move on from Pierce already, the team won't go anywhere until they do. 

The one thing I sincerely hope is that the media (TSN especially) stops parroting this false idea that Buck Pierce gives this team the best chance to win.   His play, over the last season and a half, has been absolutely terrible.  His inability to stay healthy robs the team of any chance to develop chemistry / timing with his receivers.  It cripples any other quarterback's ability to prepare week in week out. 

Look no farther than this season.  They finally take the leash off Pierce, let him play his game .. let him be mobile .. he gets hurt.  We simply *HAVE* to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough .. time to move on.

To the person who said the season is lost because of Buck, how many games did Goltz and Hall win?

I think we all agree Crowton was bad.  His system was bad.  His play calling was bad.  The O line is mostly bad.

If we assume there will be some sort of improvement now, I'd just as soon reset the QB position and go with the veteran.  I would think the veteran CFL QB who has won before would be the QB most able to adjust with the changes Marcel will need to make this week.

Either way, if Hall is who Marcell and Burke want, so be it.  My feeling is, Hall will not play well, we will not win and we will be back with Buck next week anyway.  And my feeling (again) is Buck will play better.  I could be wrong.  But I dont think we write off Buck given the challenges of this offence this season.  He deserves the opportunity to sink or swim and if he sucks, I'll be the first one on here saying so.

I just think starting Hall or Goltz means this season is a wash and Im not confident either guy is here next year.

To the person who said the season is lost because of Buck, how many games did Goltz and Hall win?

I think we all agree Crowton was bad.  His system was bad.  His play calling was bad.  The O line is mostly bad.

If we assume there will be some sort of improvement now, I'd just as soon reset the QB position and go with the veteran.  I would think the veteran CFL QB who has won before would be the QB most able to adjust with the changes Marcel will need to make this week.

Either way, if Hall is who Marcell and Burke want, so be it.  My feeling is, Hall will not play well, we will not win and we will be back with Buck next week anyway.  And my feeling (again) is Buck will play better.  I could be wrong.  But I dont think we write off Buck given the challenges of this offence this season.  He deserves the opportunity to sink or swim and if he sucks, I'll be the first one on here saying so.

I just think starting Hall or Goltz means this season is a wash and Im not confident either guy is here next year.

Somehow I doubt that.

He's sucked for the majority of three and a half years here, why is one week going to change your mind?

There's more to the future than Wins right now. Development might take awhile, but if losses now means more wins down the road, then so be it. Now, I'm not as harshly against Buck as some around here, but I'm willing to commit to one of the  young'ns if the coaching staff believes there's a real future there. #WhateverItTakes

Goltz lost to Calgary and in BC, games that you could quite likely expect to lose anyway. PIerce lost to Montreal and Hamilton, 2 teams that you should beat this year, Hall lost to Hamilton. So yeah, sticking with Pierce gets a LOT of blame for the season being done. He doesn't go into crap mode in Hamilton then the team still has a chance. He doesn't toss up that many ints in the opener against Montreal they might have started the season strong and not been as down as they are. Take your lips off PIerces ass and actually look at what's happened this season, and last as well, Pierce is not the player he used to be, not even close. 

Goltz lost to Calgary and in BC, games that you could quite likely expect to lose anyway. PIerce lost to Montreal and Hamilton, 2 teams that you should beat this year, Hall lost to Hamilton. So yeah, sticking with Pierce gets a LOT of blame for the season being done. He doesn't go into crap mode in Hamilton then the team still has a chance. He doesn't toss up that many ints in the opener against Montreal they might have started the season strong and not been as down as they are. Take your lips off PIerces ass and actually look at what's happened this season, and last as well, Pierce is not the player he used to be, not even close. 

Let's not forget that Pierce also lost games where our defense was playing at an elite level, whereas Hall and Goltz have been saddled with a marshmallow soft defense supporting them. Hell, even when Pierce had our special teams scoring points for him, he still lost the game.

The thing that really pisses me off is that PIerces gets credit for that win in Montreal despite doing his absolute best to lose it. All those 2 and outs in the 4th quarter.... if not for the defense damn near crippling Calvillo it would have been yet another loss. None of the other qbs have had a chance to play with that kind of defensive performance. Closest they came was in BC but even then the Lions did get some drives established. 

Maybe I just believe in a great comeback story.  But I wasn't on the dump Glenn bandwagon either when everyone was so happy to see him cut in favour of an unproven third stringer.

Part of me is excited to see a proven CFL OC design and call plays for Buck and then we will see how much was Crowton and how much was Buck.  Im willing to bet more Crowton than Buck.

And yes, if he starts and plays poorly, I'd absolutely admit it.  He's the number one QB until someone takes it from him and thus far, no one has.  I hope Hall does this week.  I just dont think he will.

Maybe I just believe in a great comeback story.  But I wasn't on the dump Glenn bandwagon either when everyone was so happy to see him cut in favour of an unproven third stringer.

Part of me is excited to see a proven CFL OC design and call plays for Buck and then we will see how much was Crowton and how much was Buck.  Im willing to bet more Crowton than Buck.

And yes, if he starts and plays poorly, I'd absolutely admit it.  He's the number one QB until someone takes it from him and thus far, no one has.  I hope Hall does this week.  I just dont think he will.

Serious question.

Are you forgetting that Buck already had his opportunity with a proven CFL OC? He wasn't any good with PLP either.