Bob Irving: Max Hall To Start

I'm going to go with Glenn had a bad year in 2008 and was owed about $250,000 up front in 2009 before he took a snap. Good decision at the time, not so much in retrospect. Would be nice to have him here now but that's more a function of the poor quaterbacking we have had in the last 5 years. We're all at the point that we would take an average QB who threw for 3500-4000 yards with 20 tds.

$50,000...  not 250k

I'm going to go with Glenn had a bad year in 2008 and was owed about $250,000 up front in 2009 before he took a snap. Good decision at the time, not so much in retrospect. Would be nice to have him here now but that's more a function of the poor quaterbacking we have had in the last 5 years. We're all at the point that we would take an average QB who threw for 3500-4000 yards with 20 tds.

$50,000...  not 250k

Seem to recall it was $50000 by the mid february or March and then $200,000 if he passed his camp physical.

It was a terrible decision at the time and anyone with a clue knew it. But we had Mike Kelly coming in who was so egotistical that he just figured he'd ride into town and be the hero who dumped Glenn and won the fans over by replacing the guy who had the misfortune of following Khari Jones. 

Bishop is a moron and one of the most overrated QBs to ever play our game. The only season where he "was in a good situation" is the season where the defense carried him the entire way. He just barely did enough to not completely **** up and cost them everything. Good lord, I don't care how little you think of Buck Pierce, you've gotta think this was a far better situation...

So Bishop is a moron yet Buck who was in the exact same situation gets a pass?  

Dinwiddie??  

I call your Dinwiddie and raise with a Michael Bishop and Jarious Jackson.

I forget which guy had a 12 game winning streak?  Dinwiddie or Bishop?

Are you saying that Michael Bishop was a good QB? 

Where did I say he was a good qb?  Was he a better qb then Dinwiddie,  abso-f'ning-lutely.        Jacquie made the mistake of trying to say Bishop/Jackson were subpar qbs in comparison to Dinwiddie when in fact both of those guys did a lot more in the CFL then he did.      In the grand scheme of things Bishop was a guy all athelete no brains ,   but hey at least he had an arm, was durable, and could at least run a bit.

Buck at this point is no brains no arm and no durability....  comparing Buck of current to Bishop of the past,  clearly Bishop level of talent far exceeds Buck.

Hell Dinwiddie of the past and probably present would be better then current Buck.  

Richie Williams from 2009 is light years better then Buck of current...

Buck is the suck....

And wowza I can't believe how people derail an original statement and go crazy about Bishop?    I simply said Hall seems to have a weak arm because when he was throwing down field the ball was well behind the receiver and that he didn't have enough zip on the throws.     Perhaps it was poor timing, wrong route running ,  simple miscommunications?  I sure hope it's one of those 3, because if he has a noodle arm then he wont last.    

Where did I say he was a good qb? Was he a better qb then Dinwiddie, abso-f'ning-lutely. Jacquie made the mistake of trying to say Bishop/Jackson were subpar qbs in comparison to Dinwiddie when in fact both of those guys did a lot more in the CFL then he did. In the grand scheme of things Bishop was a guy all athelete no brains , but hey at least he had an arm, was durable, and could at least run a bit.

The point I was trying to make actually was that having a strong arm doesn't mean a guy will be a top QB. Yes Bishop and Jackson had more success that Dinwiddie but there are also QBs who weren't overly blessed with arm strength who have had a lot more success than Bishop and Jackson.

Where did I say he was a good qb? Was he a better qb then Dinwiddie, abso-f'ning-lutely. Jacquie made the mistake of trying to say Bishop/Jackson were subpar qbs in comparison to Dinwiddie when in fact both of those guys did a lot more in the CFL then he did. In the grand scheme of things Bishop was a guy all athelete no brains , but hey at least he had an arm, was durable, and could at least run a bit.

The point I was trying to make actually was that having a strong arm doesn't mean a guy will be a top QB. Yes Bishop and Jackson had more success that Dinwiddie but there are also QBs who weren't overly blessed with arm strength who have had a lot more success than Bishop and Jackson.

Doug Flutie immediately comes to mind. 

Hell, Jeff Garcia didn't have a cannon for an arm either and still had a great career in both the CFL and NFL.

Hell, Jeff Garcia didn't have a cannon for an arm either and still had a great career in both the CFL and NFL.

Garcia was quick and accurate so he could thrive in West Coast offences.  Also above average mobility.  Just when you'd get comfortable with the Stamps pass game, he'd take a drop and then pull down a QB draw for a first down.

That's the exact name that came to my mind when I read Jacquie's post.  But he was also magic...don't forget that.  Magic and dreamy.

:wub:

...sorry what were we talking about?

It was a terrible decision at the time and anyone with a clue knew it. But we had Mike Kelly coming in who was so egotistical that he just figured he'd ride into town and be the hero who dumped Glenn and won the fans over by replacing the guy who had the misfortune of following Khari Jones. 

I'll be honest, I was never a Kevin Glenn fan so I didn't care when he was dumped.  With the exception of the 2007 season which was by far the best of his career, Glenn was a very inconsistent QB who always choked under pressure.  Still is and does (this past Grey Cup).  The moment his release became a terrible decision was when Kelly didn't have anyone better to replace him with (LeFors!).  But today?  I'd gladly take him over what we have now.  Certainly wouldn't be any worse.