Bob Irving: Max Hall To Start

Well, it's not like we have to bring someone in just for the sake of bringing someone in. If you find the right guy, then by all means go get him. But don't bring in a guy like Porter, just 'cause you think you have to bring in any warm body. I'm fine running with what we have unless you find the exact guy you're looking for.

Well... I think we can all agree the our OC sucked horribly throughout the season so far.  Buck looked Bad, Goltz looked about the same and Hall had success but the 2nd half we always stopped moving the ball.

I think Buck would do alot better with the new OC, but i also think the same holds true for Goltz and Hall.. If Goltz and Hall perform at the same level as buck, why not let them play instead of buck???? Goltz and Hall are still learning and if there play isn't hurting us, then keep playing them.. They should only get better as, IMO, they haven't peaked.

yes the playoffs are still possible... But playing buck doesn't help our QBs get any better for next year. If we can move on for buck by slugging our way through with GOltz and Hall then we should do that.. I think most of the fans realize we suck and aren't going to make a huge run at the playoffs... 

UNLESS.. MB is able to decipher the playbook and run only the plays that suit the CFL, and can react to what the defenence is attacking and leaving open..

Based On last Game, Hall looks like the Best QB on our team right now... but i'm not sure that would be how it looked had he been starting on day one, of GC calling a shitty game..

If Goltz and Hall perform at the same level as buck, why not let them play instead of buck???? Goltz and Hall are still learning and if there play isn't hurting us, then keep playing them.. They should only get better as, IMO, they haven't peaked.

That's the biggest thing. If Buck being the 9 year veteran that he is can't clearly play better than guys getting their first taste then he's not the starter on this team, run with the guys who still have some potential and aren't an injury waiting to happen. BC did that and never looked back, we need to make the same. 

Our 2nd half adjustments have been atrocious all season, on the offensive side of the ball, so it'll be real interesting to see if we're actually able to get some momentum in the 2nd half...

very key. having an entire quarter of football that your team simply hasn't competed in is killing you.

There's more to the future than Wins right now. Development might take awhile, but if losses now means more wins down the road, then so be it. Now, I'm not as harshly against Buck as some around here, but I'm willing to commit to one of the  young'ns if the coaching staff believes there's a real future there. #WhateverItTakes

and here again is why ditching Mack was essential to the Blue Bombers. having an entrenched GM with his political capitol attached to players who ought to be benched or cut just wouldn't allow for improvement or progression. it's no surprise that cuts happened right away as well as having starters benched for backups... with a new boss (albeit one who has the "interim" tag next to his title) there's no ego-investment in past poor personnel plans.

(a double Noeller quote... maybe i ought to just stalk Cory for comment worthy posts...)

By that logic, when Glenn was playing poorly and run out of town, he should have retired and never been seen or heard from again.  Good thing for him that didnt happen.

Not sure why you're trying to prove your clearly flawed opinion by comparing Buck to KG. Glenn averaged 22 TD's and 3900 yds per year from '05-'08.  Buck has thrown 25 TDs and about 6000 yds in his entire Bomber career!!!

Yeah, we were probably dumb dumping Glenn when we did, but suggesting we're about to make the same mistake with Buck is laughable.

By that logic, when Glenn was playing poorly and run out of town, he should have retired and never been seen or heard from again.  Good thing for him that didnt happen.

Not sure why you're trying to prove your clearly flawed opinion by comparing Buck to KG. Glenn averaged 22 TD's and 3900 yds per year from '05-'08.  Buck has thrown 25 TDs and about 6000 yds in his entire Bomber career!!!

Yeah, we were probably dumb dumping Glenn when we did, but suggesting we're about to make the same mistake with Buck is laughable.

The difference between cutting Buck and cutting Glenn is that after we cut Glenn someone else in Canada wanted him.  Buck may be lucky to catch on as a 3rd stringer with an Arena league team.  Perhaps Gene Simmons wants him as his QB for his new team.

Well Hall's ultimate downfall will likely be his arm strength or lack there of....we saw what happened in the second half when Hamilton had a chance to see he didn't Have a strong arm....tough to hide that

I think Hall's struggles in the second half were more about Hall being beat to crap and less about the Ticats' adjustments.

Remember he took that hellacious Pierce-like blindside hit and also that heavy shot to the ribs in the third quarter.  He said he was having trouble breathing.

I'm eager to see Hall get some more time, I think he's got some promise, but I don't hold out much hope for his success if our OL can't keep him clean and he can't elude the rush.

Dumping Glenn is what happens when management listens to its fan base vs doing what is best for the team.

You don't replace your starting QB until someone plays at the same level or above consistently enough to make the switch.

Dumping Glenn is what happens when management listens to its fan base vs doing what is best for the team.

You think it was listening to the fan base and not releasing Glenn in the mistaken belief that Kelly could perform miracles with LeFors?

Or...

That Glenn was due to receive a substantial bonus?

More likely a combination of the two.

Highly unlikely Kelly gave a **** what the fan base wanted.

Well Hall's ultimate downfall will likely be his arm strength or lack there of....we saw what happened in the second half when Hamilton had a chance to see he didn't Have a strong arm....tough to hide that

I'm not 100 percent certain that he doesn't have a CFL caliber arm.  There were definitely some floaty passes, but I think that's him getting proper arc and throwing it to a spot.  The interception on the one to Etienne, that had quite a bit of fire on it, I believe.  The long bomb he severely under-threw is cause for a concern though

Still say we need another QB on the roster, even if it is Porter...  If Hall struggles in the next 3-4 games, we need someone to step in - right now, we have Buck who gets hurt essentially every game or serves up INTs and Goltz who's confidence we just gutted - maybe he can bounce back easily, maybe not...  Either way, I want another prospect here this season.

There are always exceptions to the rule.  In football, you're living dangerously if you think the best strategy is to try to pluck through the haystack to find the needle.

The whole philosophy of the upside play, is to find younger players that can play close to the level of a declining veteran, and hopefully develop and flourish as the veteran player gradually loses a step or two.  So when you've got 2 younger QB's with upside that are already playing at least at the same level as the declining veteran........ Buck should not be starting unless both Hall and Goltz are hurt, and there are <2 games left in the year, and we can't airlift Joey Elliott in. 

I don't care how effin strong his arm is... if he puts it on the money consistently, he'll move our offense, and we will go places.  See: Ray, Ricky.