Bombers sign LB Hurl, WR Adams, OL Bryant & Dile, DL Brown

Mike

I'm happy for Sam because (a) he played at Centennial High School here in Calgary where I used to work & coach & he's signed to play for the Bombers now so I couldn't be happier. I coached the JV team at Centennial when he played on the senior team. I also did the stats for the seniors as my son was the qb on that senior team. He was a special player back in high school here in Calgary. The most dominant defensive player in high school football in 2007 without a doubt. His defensive stats were off the chart. He had almost 3 times as many tackles as the player who was second on defense & that kid was also a helluva player but not in Sam's league. He made some kind of play on defense on nearly every single play all season long. He led our  team in tackles, assisted tackles, knockdowns, hurries, sacks, fumbles, fumble recoveries & interceptions. And just to top it off played wide receiver & scored a touchdown. Anybody who watched him & knew football also knew Hurl was destined for great things. That's 2 players from Calgary that I coached or were associated with that now play on the Bombers. Sam & Jesse Briggs. He was a running back as a pee wee player. 

Scouting report on Adams from 2011:

Darvin Adams

School: Auburn

Position: WR

Bio: Two-year starter who led the team in receiving as a junior with 52/963/7 and put up a career-best 60/997/10 as a sophomore.

Positive: Explosive receiver who stretches the field and can take it the distance. Quickly releases off the line, displays a burst of speed, and can turn it on in a single step. Sells all his moves, adjusts to the errant throw, and looks the ball into his hands. Possesses effective eye/hand coordination. Plays with body control, makes difficult over-the-shoulder catches. Consistently gets downfield behind defenders and plays faster than his forty time. Gets vertical and fights to make the difficult catch. Elusive, gets separation from defenders, and uses his frame to shield away opponents. Quickly gets into breaks and runs sharp routes.

Negative: Does a bit of unnecessary body catching and does not always catch the ball cleanly. Loses out in battles. Does not show strength running after the catch. Times poorly in the forty.

Analysis: Adams made an immediate impact once he stepped in with the starting team as a sophomore and has proven to be a big play receiver who makes tough catches down the field. He possesses the skills, both athletic and football, to be a productive third receiver in the NFL and should see action as a rookie this fall.

Some Riderfans say they have hard numbers on Sam Hurl's contract. Apparently he got $120k in base/signing bonus plus up to $18k in playing time bonuses (I'd assume $1k per start). So he can make up to $138k if he starts every game this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Some Riderfans say they have hard numbers on Sam Hurl's contract. Apparently he got $120k in base/signing bonus plus up to $18k in playing time bonuses (I'd assume $1k per start). So he can make up to $138k if he starts every game this year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Started drinking early today? Those numbers sound about right.

If you had said Rider_Stronson instead of "some RiderFans" the response may have been different. Rider_Stronson is connected while "some RiderFans" are just pulling numbers out their wazoo.

The so called Rider-Stronson is wrong as many times as he is right.