Bombers sign LB Hurl, WR Adams, OL Bryant & Dile, DL Brown

Mike

To be fair it is a big of a gamble that he doesn't become an every down player to earn that salary.

But the Bombers are weak in NI talent. There isn't another NI starter to pay that money to. If he turns out then great. If he doesn't then hopefully we have someone else ready to take his place when that contract is done.

This may just be a stop gap until our drafted players can step in.

I love the Bryant signing.  Best player available in FA and he filled a huge need for us.

Hurl got more money than he's worth IMHO.  Good special teams guy who couldn't make the leap to starter in Regina last year.  I know we have to overpay, but $130K?

The rest of the signings are C level players or B level with questions about durability.  Hope one of them works out, but I wouldn't bet big that they do. 

I love the Bryant signing.  Best player available in FA and he filled a huge need for us.

Hurl got more money than he's worth IMHO.  Good special teams guy who couldn't make the leap to starter in Regina last year.  I know we have to overpay, but $130K?

The rest of the signings are C level players or B level with questions about durability.  Hope one of them works out, but I wouldn't bet big that they do. 

Whine if Bombers stand pat, whine if they add players. I'd say unbelievable but it's really not in your case. As Walters has said himself in free agency, you are going to have to overpay a bit because, low and behold, it's free agency and there are other teams bidding. The team cleared cap room to make these moves and haven't jeopardized themselves whatsoever. The team is significantly better today than it was 48 hours ago.

Your shtick quite frankly is getting old. 

There is something there in Hurl.

We have to find the way to bring that out consistently. It is all about dropping the lower end NI players and upgrading.

I believe we have done this with Hurl.

Salary? That is not up to me work out. We have to trust mgmt. in the salary cap aspect, and who's to say they're off the path in their allotments so far?

I always wondered why we never gave Volny more carries many mentioned fumblitis but in my time of seeing him play I don't ever recall seeing him fumble.  It'll be interesting to see what he does for Montreal because he seemed like he would have the ability to be a messam type of RB.  I don't see him as the one who can break it for the 15-20 yard run but he seemed like he could be a bruise em up type of player who would get you half way to the 10

Montreal might give him more carries - not sure how they could give him less - but I don't think he's ever going break that 4.5 yard per carry average that seemed to be his benchmark here.

He's a good depth guy to have; I'd have had no problems if the Bombers brought him back.  I also would not have confused him for the next Cornish, or even the next Calvin McCarthy.  He's a guy who does his job.

Montreal might give him more carries - not sure how they could give him less - but I don't think he's ever going break that 4.5 yard per carry average that seemed to be his benchmark here.

He's a good depth guy to have; I'd have had no problems if the Bombers brought him back.  I also would not have confused him for the next Cornish, or even the next Calvin McCarthy.  He's a guy who does his job.

Hard to say what Volny could have done, no coach in Wpg. ever had the faith to give him the ball more than a handful of times in a season.  It might well be that he's had enough of the Bombers and was not interested in coming back to the same situation.  At least he's going home to Mtl. 

Meh Volny had carries here.. Had more then enough to establish that he wasn't going to wow anyone nor become the next Cornish, McCarthy, messem or Walters..

He's decent enough to stuff in and get reasonable blocking and so-so ground game.. Never did see if he could catch out of the backfield.. At the end of the day, good soldier to have in the fold but not upset to replace him with another draft pick or international.

As odd as it sounds, apparently we will have to wait for Gary Lawless to be off the Jets buzz in a day or two in order to actually get regular info on who the Bombers are talking to.

Penton is a good follow on Twitter as well for Bomber information.

Pretty quiet since Tuesday though.

Yea ghost-town quiet really.. Huge flurry then silence..

I always wondered why we never gave Volny more carries many mentioned fumblitis but in my time of seeing him play I don't ever recall seeing him fumble.  It'll be interesting to see what he does for Montreal because he seemed like he would have the ability to be a messam type of RB.  I don't see him as the one who can break it for the 15-20 yard run but he seemed like he could be a bruise em up type of player who would get you half way to the 10

He fumbled quite a few times considering his playing time. Once we were in Toronto, I believe it was Buck's last season and our running back had gotten hurt. Anyways Volny fumbled twice in relief. He put the ball on the ground other times as well throughout his time here.