Kevin Glenn's future

BigBlue

Would love to see us sign Kevin Glenn just to watch the fans react so negatively to a move that would actually be a very wise addition.

Why? cause he may win us a couple extra games if Drew gets hurt? KG will just suck fn ass as soon as the temp falls to anywhere near 0. He's shown it time and time again.

Yes.  That is exactly why.  Good job answering your own question.

There are Lots of articles online about Portis.  They all seem to agree, he was good enough athletically to be an NFL Q.B.

As was TJ Rubley.

There are Lots of articles online about Portis.  They all seem to agree, he was good enough athletically to be an NFL Q.B.

and there's Marve.

Not Glenn. 

I understand the fascination with Marve, he seems like the complete package when it comes to physical gifts.  Right now I don't think he's ready yet, not ready enough to be the starter long term if Willy gets knocked out for multiple games.

He did some amazing things when he had a chance, but what I also saw was a lot of chaos.  Too much.  Some of that is playing with the team that we had last year, but before I'm sold on him being ready, I want to see more plays that are calm and efficient.  Give him some more time to learn.  He made amazing progress last year, don't cut his feet out from under him by rushing him in before he's ready.

It's mid February.  I don't want this team essentially committing to Marve or Portis as our number 2 with the season this far out.  If one of those guys wins the job in camp, that's fantastic, but there is no reason to not try and bring in someone with who is currently better equipped to carry the load for 6 games if need be.

This isn't an argument for Glenn, this is an argument against settling for the status quo.  Glenn is definitely better than the status quo.  And if Brohm or Lefevour get brought up, I'd argue for them too.  Let Marve prove he's ready - don't assume it 4 months out of training camp.

and there's Marve.

Not Glenn. 

Wally does't want KG cuz in a clutch situation he's always a heartbreaker and at age 35 on a downhill spiral. One of the worst, if not the worst QB efficiency rating in the league. Why would Winnipeg take the downside risk? Surely we need to be developing our younger talent. I'd be seriously questioning O'Shea's sanity - it would be like Romby, only worse

Perhaps Kevin Glenn would be a good guy to have on the team for veteran presence for the younger guys at Quarterback.  Let's face it he was obviously a good quarterback that got us as far as he did before he broke his arm.  It means he can probably help teach the guys some reads, help them on some technique.  Everyone says he is a good quarterback until he is in a pressure situation, maybe that's when he forgets everything he knows and rushes things.  If he can teach the positives we seen that under pressure Willy was able to still play well.  Glenn probably would not be an expensive pick-up.  We could have him as the 3rd and let Portis and Marve fight out for back-up

Perhaps Kevin Glenn would be a good guy to have on the team for veteran presence for the younger guys at Quarterback.  Let's face it he was obviously a good quarterback that got us as far as he did before he broke his arm.  It means he can probably help teach the guys some reads, help them on some technique.  Everyone says he is a good quarterback until he is in a pressure situation, maybe that's when he forgets everything he knows and rushes things.  If he can teach the positives we seen that under pressure Willy was able to still play well.  Glenn probably would not be an expensive pick-up.  We could have him as the 3rd and let Portis and Marve fight out for back-up

The only thing KG can teach other QB's is how to suck when the games actually mean something! And never take any of the blame himself, let's not forget that.

We could have him as the 3rd and let Portis and Marve fight out for back-up

and then watch as Marve or Portis are picked up by the REDBLACKS and becomes their franchise QB for the next 10 years. I don't want to McManus another kid out of Winnipeg because we want a broken-down vet in their slot instead. If BC doesn't want Glenn then we sure as hell don't want him.

Would love to see us sign Kevin Glenn just to watch the fans react so negatively to a move that would actually be a very wise addition.

Why? cause he may win us a couple extra games if Drew gets hurt? KG will just suck fn ass as soon as the temp falls to anywhere near 0. He's shown it time and time again.

Agreed!   KG is a celebration is mediocrity. 

If we sign him, I call that he jinxes Willy and Willy tears his ACL, then KG leads us to 8-10 and has a piss-poor performance in chilly Oct......like always

No, he wouldn't.  The last thing we want our younger QB's learning from him is that it doesn't matter if you win.

That's what KG stands.....lose the Grey Cup? No problem....it's just another game to KG. And it's never his fault his team loses...always an excuse.

Not sure I understand all the hate TO KG. Just 2 years ago we had absolutely no QB depth and now we're too good for a great insurance policy? Willy goes down for an extended period of time are you guys willing to consider the season a right off..? I like marve as much as the next guy but slooow down guys. Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

If this were 2011-12 I would agree with you. 2015 KG not so much.

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

Kg is a great insurance policy and can come in and win some games if necessary.

If this were 2011-12 I would agree with you. 2015 KG not so much.

All I'm saying is a year ago a lot of guys were happy to pick up Burris LOL. KG at the right price (150-175k) wouldn't be so bad. Do you really think marve or portis is going to perform better than kg?

Do you really think that Glenn is going to perform better than either of those guys if we happen to get into the playoffs?  If Glenn's the starter at the end of the season, we're done, so what's the point?

Kevin Glenn's future

samy_th.jpg

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but I think Kevin Glenn is straight...and married.

Unless you mean having a cup of coffee.  Not exactly predicting the future there man.  Way to post the obvious.

I think that Kevin's the guy ion the background trying to decide if he can afford a doughnut AND a small coffee.