Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

WOW! What was Taman thinking?

@CFL_News: #Riders Chris Getzlaf had been #CFL's highest-paid WR, earning about $225K, prior to Green taking #1 spot...via @HerbZurkowsky1 #Alouettes

I read this on twitter this morning too... this one blew my mind.... Getzlaf is good, yes... but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a 3rd rec... 

Well .. let's be honest here .. cap management has never been Taman's strong point .. can't see how this is going to help that perception ..

Insane amount of money for Getzlaf.

Sounds like Watson's 'Cost / Benefit Analysis' didn't go well this off season.

Doug Brown tweeted that Watson asked to be traded so the cost/benefit may not have been the main reason he's gone (I'm sure it played a part in it though).

Doug Brown         @DougBrown97

My understanding is that Watson asked 2 B traded back East 2 B closer 2 his family in Montreal.....Someone grab me a map of the provinces.

Sounds like Watson's 'Cost / Benefit Analysis' didn't go well this off season.

Doug Brown tweeted that Watson asked to be traded so the cost/benefit may not have been the main reason he's gone (I'm sure it played a part in it though).

Doug Brown         @DougBrown97

My understanding is that Watson asked 2 B traded back East 2 B closer 2 his family in Montreal.....Someone grab me a map of the provinces.

Probably didn't ask to be traded .. rather .. he was likely told he was being shopped and asked his preference ..  Watson indicated that he'd want to go back East ..

WOW! What was Taman thinking?

@CFL_News: #Riders Chris Getzlaf had been #CFL's highest-paid WR, earning about $225K, prior to Green taking #1 spot...via @HerbZurkowsky1 #Alouettes

I read this on twitter this morning too... this one blew my mind.... Getzlaf is good, yes... but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a 3rd rec... 

Well .. let's be honest here .. cap management has never been Taman's strong point .. can't see how this is going to help that perception ..

Insane amount of money for Getzlaf.

The fact that before yesterday that Getzlaf was the league's highest paid receiver is a joke.

People might have said the same when Fantz left the Riders to become the highest paid NIP. There are those that would argue that you have to overpay the NIPs and go find the IMPs that you can underpay. The rule of supply and demand will become more prevalent with 9 teams and a shortage of NIPs

Not many Canadian receivers going over 1000 yards these days and Getzlaf has done it a couple times.

It's all supply and demand. Where are the good Canadian receivers? Few and far between.

Come on man. Getzlaf at that price is asinine. He hasn't shown to be a 150k guy in a awhile.. Let alone 200k..

Not many Canadian receivers going over 1000 yards these days and Getzlaf has done it a couple times.

It's all supply and demand. Where are the good Canadian receivers? Few and far between.

Come on man. Getzlaf at that price is asinine. He hasn't shown to be a 150k guy in a awhile.. Let alone 200k..

I'm not saying he is worth it.  I'm just saying you can't look at it in a vacuum.

What does a 150k Canadian receiver look like?  That's Cory Watson's salary and Getzlaf has been far and away better than Watson every single year.

What does one expect from a 150k Canadian receiver?  All Canadian starters are making six figures and Getzlaf is at worst a top 3 Canadian receiver in the league.  Top 3 Canadians at any position are pulling in 200k+.

Well looks like BC lands Collie

BC Lions @BCLions 41s41 seconds ago

BREAKING: The #BCLions have signed NFL veteran receiver Austin Collie. Details--> http://ow.ly/IbgQN  #ROAR @CFL

That's a lot of decent NI receivers in Vancouver.  I wouldn't mind if the Bombers convinced Buono to solve his surplus by sending us Ianuzzi.  Stick that little burner over on the wide side of the field.  Sadly, with Buono the price always seems to be too high.

Maybe we can hire Korey Banks to life-coach Ianuzzi for a while.  Buono will send him packing in no time.

Well looks like BC lands Collie

BC Lions ‏@BCLions 41s41 seconds ago

BREAKING: The #BCLions have signed NFL veteran receiver Austin Collie. Details--> http://ow.ly/IbgQN #ROAR @CFL

Hate to say it but 4 or 5 concussions and a huge injury to another part doesn't bode well for him lasting long. Good luck to him tho

Broken QB throwing to a broken WR in BC. Glad I'm not a Lions fan. With the mess in BC and Riderville, the Bombers could make some noise in the West this year.

@CFL_News: RT .@JasonGregor: #Esks have released soon-to-be free agent OL Matt O'Donnell. He will sign with the Cincinnati Bengals in the #NFL. #CFL

What is their obsession with this kid? Is he better then he leads on? So confused.