Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

I'm not sure whats with all the Ellingson love. He had a great half of 2013 to start his CFL career, then he tailed off and got injured continuously. He'd be an upgrade over Romby or Kelly sure, but who wouldn't be?  

The idea is that with a couple years under his belt there's no adjustment period like you'd see with a raw rookie and he's shown he can produce and might have potential to do more. Worst case scenario you get a decent #3 option at receiver, best case he uses his experience to break out and become more than that. 

I'm not sure whats with all the Ellingson love. He had a great half of 2013 to start his CFL career, then he tailed off and got injured continuously. He'd be an upgrade over Romby or Kelly sure, but who wouldn't be?  

The idea is that with a couple years under his belt there's no adjustment period like you'd see with a raw rookie and he's shown he can produce and might have potential to do more. Worst case scenario you get a decent #3 option at receiver, best case he uses his experience to break out and become more than that. 

Bang on post, I would like to add that I imagine he won't be making big money either so that adds to the appeal for teams looking for a 3rd receiver 

CFL News @CFL_News

Michael Sinclair will be unveiled as #Riders defensive line coach in early February

:(

It was a classy move by the Riders to let Sinclair out of his contract so he could join the Bears with Trestman.  He is a good coach and is another key piece of the puzzle for us switching to the pressure defence as Sinclair knows it well from his 5 years with the Allouettes

Zurkowsky just tweeted that the presser he thought was to announce signing Austin Collie is actually for the re-signing of SJ Green.

He also says that Collie is drawing interest from teams out West. My powers of deduction say that means he isn't signed by the Als yet.

Ooh, a surprise ending.