Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Zurkowsky just tweeted that the presser he thought was to announce signing Austin Collie is actually for the re-signing of SJ Green.

He also says that Collie is drawing interest from teams out West. My powers of deduction say that means he isn't signed by the Als yet.

Ooh, a surprise ending.

What a twist!

Surprised SJ didn't want to test FA to be honest. 

Als probably realized how screwed they'd be without both he & Carter so they gave him everything he wanted.

According to Popp last week they had an offer sitting on the table that would make SJ the highest paid non-QB in the league. Sounds like he got everything he wanted alright.

Edmonton Eskimos         @EdmontonEsks

OFF THE MARKET The #Esks announce the contract extension of DT Donny Oramasionwu

Dang!

Rather middling player when he was here. Methinks he's simply flourishing under Jones. 

Not too upsetting. 

Well he only played 2 games last season, so "flourishing under Jones" might be a bit of a stretch.

Surprised SJ didn't want to test FA to be honest. 

Als probably realized how screwed they'd be without both he & Carter so they gave him everything he wanted.

According to Popp last week they had an offer sitting on the table that would make SJ the highest paid non-QB in the league. Sounds like he got everything he wanted alright.

So is that idiot Madani tweeting about Jim Popp ruining the league with such a high offer or is that reserved for Desjardins?

So is that idiot Madani tweeting about Jim Popp ruining the league with such a high offer or is that reserved for Desjardins?

Well, the difference is Popp has been doing this for a very long time…and he seems to know what he is doing.

He's put a successful product on the field and he retains his better players.

He must be doing something right.

This just in...

#believeatyourownperil  - Reports are now coming in that the rumour that Samuel Giguere is off the market is untrue, and have heavily denied any links to Rod Black being involved in any such claims.

Rod Black is likely parked outside Giguere's home with binoculars as usual.

This just in...

#believeatyourownperil - Reports are now coming in that the rumour that Samuel Giguere is off the market is untrue, and have heavily denied any links to Rod Black being involved in any such claims.

Sticky Stala is in the back seat of Rod's car.

This just in...

#believeatyourownperil - Reports are now coming in that the rumour that Samuel Giguere is off the market is untrue, and have heavily denied any links to Rod Black being involved in any such claims.

Sticky Stala is in the back seat of Rod's car.

Probably tied up

I thought I saw it posted here but I can't seem to find it. So in case anyone didn't hear, S.J. Green re-signed with the Als:

http://www.cfl.ca/article/going-nowhere-als-lock-up-wr-green

and Austin Collie was not signed by the Als:

Oh my. RT @AKCollie_10: @JakeHatch77 Don't believe wht u hear. The report of me plying for Montreal is completely false.

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN  7h

Austin Collie is not going to #Als but he is in discussions with other #CFL teams.

I wonder if Ocho Cinco will be back with the Als.

Was he even playing half the season? Lol I don't remember him seeing the field much..

He played at least 5 games. He was on the 1 game IR for about half the season. Some of his time on the IR was due to a concussion he suffered.

WOW! What was Taman thinking?

@CFL_News: #Riders Chris Getzlaf had been #CFL's highest-paid WR, earning about $225K, prior to Green taking #1 spot...via @HerbZurkowsky1 #Alouettes

That tweet is what cap hell looks like. 225k for Getzlaf?!.....Getzlaf?! A productive receiver to be sure, but if he was worth that ungodly sum he sure managed to hide it from everyone else besides Taman. Good Grief...news of Taman's contract signing amounts just border on bizarre.

I guess the Rider fans may be correct and they might very well have two 200k receivers in their lineup this year. They sure weren't counting on Getzlaf being one of them though.

WOW! What was Taman thinking?

@CFL_News: #Riders Chris Getzlaf had been #CFL's highest-paid WR, earning about $225K, prior to Green taking #1 spot...via @HerbZurkowsky1 #Alouettes

I read this on twitter this morning too... this one blew my mind.... Getzlaf is good, yes... but that is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a 3rd rec...