George Cortez won't be back with Riders in 2015

gbill2004

This same horrific group of coordinators got us off to one hell of a start, did they not? Its not like we were 2-16..

If they are back, so be it... whos to say this is even the case yet, i mean the dust hasnt even finished falling yet chicken littles..

From this article in the Vancouver Sun from June, it sounds like Washington may have been O'Shea's first choice:

“When Mike O’Shea became the head coach, they needed a defensive coordinator,” Benevides said of Winnipeg. “I just knew, from what I’d heard, that if Mark was available that would have been a done deal. I knew if there wasn’t a situation provided for Mark, we would lose him. I didn’t want that to occur."

Etch was about 4th or 5th choice, wasn't he. It will be interesting to see if O'Shea will want to go after his original choice or not.

@BomberJetsTalk: As per @PentonKirk, sounds like Bombers will keep Bellefeuille. Cortez unlikely.

Another horrible decision by my favorite team.

Disagree. I like the idea of wanting improvement but there will always be someone somewhere that somebody would

Argue is better than the guy you have. I don't think marcel was a negative thus I am fine giving him another season. Walters needs upgrade the talent.

This same horrific group of coordinators got us off to one hell of a start, did they not? Its not like we were 2-16..

If they are back, so be it... whos to say this is even the case yet, i mean the dust hasnt even finished falling yet chicken littles..

Dude, who cares about a good start? Besides, MB really benefitted from Etchevary's defence the first 6 games. Only reason we won so many to start is because the defence was scoring so much and holding teams to very little.

That being said.... Etch always looks like a genius in the first 6, then tanks... Therefore, it's not only MB that needs to go

From this article in the Vancouver Sun from June, it sounds like Washington may have been O'Shea's first choice:

“When Mike O’Shea became the head coach, they needed a defensive coordinator,” Benevides said of Winnipeg. “I just knew, from what I’d heard, that if Mark was available that would have been a done deal. I knew if there wasn’t a situation provided for Mark, we would lose him. I didn’t want that to occur."

Etch was about 4th or 5th choice, wasn't he. It will be interesting to see if O'Shea will want to go after his original choice or not.

edit

Bob Irving's comments not consistent with Penton's suggestion that the Bombers would not go after Cortez.

Interesting. What did Bob say? I do know Penton is tight with Walters and Irving with Wade.

I'm not going to try and repeat the exact wording because I don't remember but basically that when Saskatchewan makes their staff changes official, it could cause Winnipeg to explore the idea of bringing Cortez and/or Hall aboard.

Bob Irving's comments not consistent with Penton's suggestion that the Bombers would not go after Cortez.

Interesting. What did Bob say? I do know Penton is tight with Walters and Irving with Wade.

I'm not going to try and repeat the exact wording because I don't remember but basically that when Saskatchewan makes their staff changes official, it could cause Winnipeg to explore the idea of bringing Cortez and/or Hall aboard.

Interesting but what Bob said seems to be his opinion on what might happen where Penton's tweet seems to be confirming a discussion he had with someone within the WBB organization.  

But what I find more interesting is that Penton doesn't mention Etchevery.  Why did the team go out of the way to say MB's safe but not Etchevery?   

I'd take Hall AND Cortez over Bellfool and Etch without thinking twice.

I think Bellefeuille gets a mulligan due to the horrible O-line he inherited and was the worst in the league for most of the year. That really falls on Walters and so I am willing to give Bellefeuille another go at it even though I am not completely sold on him. Etcheverry is another matter altogether and has earned a road map and apple. I still think (and hope) that O'Shea is the right person for head coach but he has to prove that this year.

@BomberJetsTalk: As per @PentonKirk, sounds like Bombers will keep Bellefeuille. Cortez unlikely.

Another horrible decision by my favorite team.

Disagree. I like the idea of wanting improvement but there will always be someone somewhere that somebody would

Argue is better than the guy you have. I don't think marcel was a negative thus I am fine giving him another season. Walters needs upgrade the talent.

I have a position contrary to yours, but am unable to express it in a wildly irrational manner, so it probably does not fit in with the tone of this thread.

I think Bellefeuille gets a mulligan due to the horrible O-line he inherited and was the worst in the league for most of the year. That really falls on Walters and so I am willing to give Bellefeuille another go at it even though I am not completely sold on him. Etcheverry is another matter altogether and has earned a road map and apple. I still think (and hope) that O'Shea is the right person for head coach but he has to prove that this year.

Not defending Etch, but if one gets a mulligan, the other should.  Lets not forget Kuale playing LB which is the equivalent of a crappy o-line.  Lets not forget as well as Wild was lost for a good chuck of the season, as well as Zack Anderson going down.  Our sack total just stopped once he was gone.