George Cortez won't be back with Riders in 2015

gbill2004

First of all I find it funny that many of you never miss a opportunity to make fun of the Riders and enjoy our loses. Ok that's not the funny part, its that you want to sign the coach that helped us lose. Cortez looked ok/fairly good when Durant was playing. The second Durant went down it was totally obvious he had zero ability to adapt the play book or play calling for the rookie qb's. He is a big part of our struggles down the stretch and I'm glad he is gone. He does know Willy but also had no problem with Drew sitting on the bench here either even when Durant played hurt at times last year. I think George is more of a closer than a builder.  my 2 cents.

First of all I find it funny that many of you never miss a opportunity to make fun of the Riders and enjoy our loses. Ok that's not the funny part, its that you want to sign the coach that helped us lose. Cortez looked ok/fairly good when Durant was playing. The second Durant went down it was totally obvious he had zero ability to adapt the play book or play calling for the rookie qb's. He is a big part of our struggles down the stretch and I'm glad he is gone. 

Your next OC won't be able to do that either.  Any opposing D worth their salt will shut down the run and make your rookie throw more. The best you can usually hope for with a rookie QB is your defense keeping the game close or perhaps chipping in with turnovers and points.

First of all I find it funny that many of you never miss a opportunity to make fun of the Riders and enjoy our loses. Ok that's not the funny part, its that you want to sign the coach that helped us lose. Cortez looked ok/fairly good when Durant was playing. The second Durant went down it was totally obvious he had zero ability to adapt the play book or play calling for the rookie qb's. He is a big part of our struggles down the stretch and I'm glad he is gone. 

Your next OC won't be able to do that either.  Any opposing D worth their salt will shut down the run and make your rookie throw more. The best you can usually hope for with a rookie QB is your defense keeping the game close or perhaps chipping in with turnovers and points.

You have good points for sure.  I just can't justify losing that many games without Durant. Terribly predictable play calling also. 

You have good points for sure.  I just can't justify losing that many games without Durant. Terribly predictable play calling also. 

No sense moving beyond a vanilla scheme if the QB can't execute it.

Who's your QB coach?  Either your young QBs were incompetent or he did a poor job of preparing them.  

Guys like Marve (2014) and Collaros (2013) are proof that it can work if prep is done proactively throughout the season.

No sense moving beyond a vanilla scheme if the QB can't execute it.

Who's your QB coach?  Either your young QBs were incompetent or he did a poor job of preparing them.  

Guys like Marve (2014) and Collaros (2013) are proof that it can work if prep is done proactively throughout the season.

Cortez was the qb coach in addition to OC.  Many fans here including myself have referenced that as a huge mistake. Khari was here the year before as qb coach.