George Cortez won't be back with Riders in 2015

gbill2004

I think that MOS is on borrowed time. The clock is running. I was happy with his hiring last December but as this past season went on & now an apparent power struggle going on I don't have a lot of confidence that he was the right hire despite all the  rosy comments here by just about everyone. If he brings back our coordinators...

I'd like to see Cortez and Washington as our coordinators next year and I know that's a long shot.  The longer it takes to announce the decisions, the more I worry that O'Shea/Walters/Miller will keep our current coordinators and we will end up with another not quite good enough season.  

I'd like to see Cortez and Washington as our coordinators next year and I know that's a long shot.  The longer it takes to announce the decisions, the more I worry that O'Shea/Walters/Miller will keep our current coordinators and we will end up with another not quite good enough season.  

I just heard Walters and O'Shea do an interview with H&L on Friday where Mike was asked if he has finished doing his evaluations of his staff. He said no, and bought himself some time by saying that this is his first time going through the process and that he has to develop a way to evaluate the staff and different components of the team and that is the part that is taking so long.

I'm not sure where each of our three-headed monster stands on the state of our coordinators, but hearing O'Shea speak on it made it seem that nothing is set in stone. I personally think we might be waiting to see who is available before deciding to part ways simply to make a change. 

I think that MOS is on borrowed time. The clock is running. I was happy with his hiring last December but as this past season went on & now an apparent power struggle going on I don't have a lot of confidence that he was the right hire despite all the  rosy comments here by just about everyone. If he brings back our coordinators...

Barring a complete implosion of epic proportions, O'Shea has to be safe until at least the end of next season. All coaches are on borrowed time and darned few leave on their own terms, but O'Shea's achilles heel may be his stubborness and being unwilling to change things /people when they are not working. I agree that it would be a very bad sign if we go into next season with the same cast as this year. Change for the sake of change is pointless but change when it is warranted is a good thing.

Sounds like there might be a big housecleaning in Sask. Hall and Dyce could be out as well as Cortez. IF true, I've always thought Ritchie was a very good DC. I wouldn't be opposed to him joining our staff. Roumerville is heating up rapidly.

Barron Miles has also been mentioned. I thought he was supposed to be an up and comer.

I can see where you're coming from.  After so many years of futility it's becoming harder and harder to believe that they'll get it right.  

What do we hear next that Etch. is also returning. IF true there are going to be a lot of empty seats at IGF. Brutal is an understatement.

If that happens, then the Death Watch begins again for this organization. Fans will say the hell with it & want blood. It'll be 2013 all over again. I can't believe how totally stupid the people are who always run this team year after year. From the top on down, just stupid.

Actually the DW has already started...

O'Shea seems to prioritize loyalty over winning. This will ultimately lead to him being fired.

And they'll hire another buddy of the organization to be HC & it'll start all over again. The wheels on the bus go round & round. Round & round. Round & around. The wheels on the bus go round & round season after season after season. Brutal. Not the song but the bloody decision making.

The only thing I can think is that this club wants to show loyalty so that future coaches and players don't second guess coming here based on our constant turnover of personnel?

That or they want company men who won't cause trouble?

Clearly Cortez is a better coach then MB so this is all I can come up with?

IF we stick with the failed coaching staff of 2014 AND with all of the coaching talent being rumoured to more than likely being available, WOW. Giant fail once again in the Peg. We have clubs making changes, some wholesale changes AND clubs that have been a heck of a lot more successful than us recently, you have to wonder. Are we content to stick with the status quo and watch everyone leave us behind once again. I'm betting not too many fans are going to be happy with that and we'll be deep sixed again for a long time. This offseason is crunch time for this club and what I'm seeing already is not looking good.