Do you see the Bombers making big splashes to make the 2015 G.C. ?

Nolby

As much as I would love to see the Bombers go all-out to snag free agents and make big trades en route to a Grey Cup appearance, I hope Walters does not strip away the future of the team. It sure looked like the Riders did that last year and look where they are now. There should be no reason why we can't be competitive next season with some intelligent drafting, scouting and dipping into the free agent pool.

I think it's more likely to be because of the talent pool available.

This is the year you can make a big impact with some moves at the draft and in free agency. New salary cap means plenty of guys will be hitting the open market to establish value. Deep draft pool means if you know what you're doing, you could end up with two or three immediate contributors there.

Going to be a very exciting offseason.

I think Walters will go heavy in FA, at OL in particular. There is going to be a deep FA class this year meaning that the big dollars will be more spread around instead of all the teams driving up the value of 2 or 3 players. I agree with Mike, this should be an offseason that is set up to make hay. Couple that with a couple teams (Riders/Leos) probably parting ways with some veterans and coaches and it could be an exciting offseason for a team that NEEDS to make a splash. Let's not forget that this is an offseason that could potentially see us grab a couple of top notch NIs in Bilikudi and Mulumba. If the football gods are willing our team could be vastly improved going into TC.

I don't know if there will be a team with as much urgency to become a contender this offseason as we will be.

As much as I would love to see the Bombers go all-out to snag free agents and make big trades en route to a Grey Cup appearance, I hope Walters does not strip away the future of the team. It sure looked like the Riders did that last year and look where they are now. There should be no reason why we can't be competitive next season with some intelligent drafting, scouting and dipping into the free agent pool.

That's what he did this past season.  No reason to expect him to behave differently this offseason.

Considering potential changes the Leos/Riders/Argos may potentually make this off season, will Walters and gang be taking advantage of their possible "restructuring"phases?

Considering potential changes the Leos/Riders/Argos may potentually make this off season, will Walters and gang be taking advantage of their possible "restructuring"phases?

To appease to the people/groups that count (e.g., helping to ensure the GC is well hyped), they pretty much have too, even if it's more optics than substance when it comes to 'splashes'.

Well, looking at the unofficial free agent list, there are definitely a few guys of interest.

Holmes,Heenan for starters. How realistic are they? I don't know. Gotta make an offer tho. There are a couple International Oline available there too that might be interesting to take a look at but really when you look at the list, there are really only 3 maybe 5 guys max on the Oline side of things that are worth considering.

You look at the other positions. Bear Woods? That would be nice, how likely is it that popp lets him walk tho? I don't know.

There are a few guys out there tho for sure who we should be going after and honestly i think even if we weren't hosting the cup, we should be going after some of them.

The Draft will be important too, should be able to get 2 solid picks at 2 and 11, pretty deep draft. 

Do i think they will go after guys just cuz we are hosting the grey cup? Nope, do i think they will go after a few guys because those guys available would help us out quite a lot regardless of hosting grey cup or not, you bet. 

No reason we cannot both make a big spash for optics while improving our team. Along the OL we can make a big splash or two without running the risk that it will not provide us with better than what we have. At other positions though, I agree with your sentiment....do not sign just for the sake of signing. There will be some unheralded FAs out there like Sam Hurl etc. that may not be household names but can improve our depth greatly.

Holmes,Heenan,Stanley Bryant, James Green,Westerman,Banks or Jackson, Bear Woods, Our own guys like wild, washingtons,sears,anderson specifically. 

Maybe a few unheralded not really big name signings like a sam hurl or special team guys like that would be nice. Be really nice if we could get a Mulumba,Bilukidi or Matthews back..

Plus you gotta even add Graig Newman to the list, never played a game for us this season, think he was a bigger loss than we realized. 

We definitely need some olineman. Another receiver or two as well. Fred Stamps will be available but I think he's done. He's no where near the same player he was after he took that hit from Sears (?) that cause him to lose a ********. 

But we need National Olineman, not International ones. Hopefully Goosen can progress to be an every day starter next year too. 

Defensively, I'd love to somehow work out something with B.C and bring Bighill here. He'd be great at MLB, putting Wild on the outside. Maybe they'd take Kuale in a trade????? Seriously. :)

We definitely need some olineman. Another receiver or two as well. Fred Stamps will be available but I think he's done. He's no where near the same player he was after he took that hit from Sears (?) that cause him to lose a ********. 

But we need National Olineman, not International ones. Hopefully Goosen can progress to be an every day starter next year too. 

Defensively, I'd love to somehow work out something with B.C and bring Bighill here. He'd be great at MLB, putting Wild on the outside. Maybe they'd take Kuale in a trade????? Seriously. :)

We need OL both Natl and Intl

The norm now is 2 Intl and 3 Natl because it's cheaper and the supply of Intl OTs are greater than Natl OTs.

January is a pending FA and his play is regressing, Daniels shown promise on a limited time but we said the same with Jones and Knapp same time last year but how did they play in their first full season. Tyler and Howard, imo, are not the answers either.

As for the Natl OL, right now, we can say LG (Greaves) and C (Goosen) are less of our worries. We need an OL who can stay healthy to play the RG position since Neufeld is always nicked. Could it be Everett, (who was an all-star in college the first time he played the RG), not sure. Then we need a 6th and 7th OL, since we dont know what are the future plans of Morley and Neufeld.

We need OL both Natl and Intl

The norm now is 2 Intl and 3 Natl because it's cheaper and the supply of Intl OTs are greater than Natl OTs.

January is a pending FA and his play is regressing, Daniels shown promise on a limited time but we said the same with Jones and Knapp same time last year but how did they play in their first full season. Tyler and Howard, imo, are not the answers either.

As for the Natl OL, right now, we can say LG (Greaves) and C (Goosen) are less of our worries. We need an OL who can stay healthy to play the RG position since Neufeld is always nicked. Could it be Everett, (who was an all-star in college the first time he played the RG), not sure. Then we need a 6th and 7th OL, since we dont know what are the future plans of Morley and Neufeld.

I suspect Morley starts at C again next year with Goossen or Neufeld at RG.