Do you see the Bombers making big splashes to make the 2015 G.C. ?

Nolby

We definitely need some olineman. Another receiver or two as well. Fred Stamps will be available but I think he's done. He's no where near the same player he was after he took that hit from Sears (?) that cause him to lose a ********.

But we need National Olineman, not International ones. Hopefully Goosen can progress to be an every day starter next year too.

Defensively, I'd love to somehow work out something with B.C and bring Bighill here. He'd be great at MLB, putting Wild on the outside. Maybe they'd take Kuale in a trade????? Seriously. :)

We need OL both Natl and Intl

The norm now is 2 Intl and 3 Natl because it's cheaper and the supply of Intl OTs are greater than Natl OTs.

January is a pending FA and his play is regressing, Daniels shown promise on a limited time but we said the same with Jones and Knapp same time last year but how did they play in their first full season. Tyler and Howard, imo, are not the answers either.

As for the Natl OL, right now, we can say LG (Greaves) and C (Goosen) are less of our worries. We need an OL who can stay healthy to play the RG position since Neufeld is always nicked. Could it be Everett, (who was an all-star in college the first time he played the RG), not sure. Then we need a 6th and 7th OL, since we dont know what are the future plans of Morley and Neufeld.

I suspect Morley starts at C again next year with Goossen or Neufeld at RG.

My guess it will be Goossen at C and an OL from FA on RG.

#6 OL will be Morley since he can play C, G and T.

Neufeld will ride the IR while Everett will rider the PR.

Hefney was the cause of damage to Stamps' man-area.  I believe 2 of the last 3 times Stamps has played in Winnipeg he spent the night in a hospital.  I have far too much respect for him to say he's done after one down year.

The norm now is 2 Intl and 3 Natl because it's cheaper and the supply of Intl OTs are greater than Natl OTs.

January is a pending FA and his play is regressing, Daniels shown promise on a limited time but we said the same with Jones and Knapp same time last year but how did they play in their first full season. Tyler and Howard, imo, are not the answers either.

As for the Natl OL, right now, we can say LG (Greaves) and C (Goosen) are less of our worries. We need an OL who can stay healthy to play the RG position since Neufeld is always nicked. Could it be Everett, (who was an all-star in college the first time he played the RG), not sure. Then we need a 6th and 7th OL, since we dont know what are the future plans of Morley and Neufeld.

After just a single season at guard I can't imagine Everett would show well against the Tevarius George's of the league.  He's almost certainly a multi-year project player.

So what do we really need on Oline?  Replacing all 5 players for 5 better players would be great - much in the same way it would be great for every position on the field - but what do we need?  And do we need to get it in free agency?

While there are better players at left guard in the CFL than Greaves, he's good enough that he's around last on my list of spots to upgrade on the Oline.

Daniels seems like he can handle his spot.  He should see lots of competition in training camp, and if we find someone better, great.

Morley/Goossen is a big question.  For the first time in a few years Morley looked not like the odd man out on the line.  Switch him out of that spot after his first truly solid season in a long time to get Goossen in?  Or leave Goossen at the right guard spot for another season, draft a right guard this year and give him 6 months of quality practise time, and move him in and Goossen over next season.  (next next season)

And what of January and Neufeld?  Both had their contributions effected by injury this year.  It seems like a lifetime ago at this point, but early on in the season many of us had good things to say about the play of the Oline.

Another import tackle?  We shouldn't have to spend big bucks on an import anything really.  Rewarding the Clarence Denmark's on our roster for the quality of their play is great, but it shouldn't be necessary to spend a large amount of money to get another team's import tackle.  My expectation is that Walters and crew should be able to get 5 pretty good ones here for training camp without having to resort to that.

So, what, a right guard?  Is that all we're possibly shopping for on the Oline?  Can Tyler Holmes shift over to play right guard?  Could Greaves move over to that side?  The Oline certainly had moments of complete disarray this year.  What are the tangible moves that fixes it?

From free agency, paying big bucks for a stud NI Olineman has value to the Bombers.  Outside of that, if it's a buyer's market (which free agency rarely is), an import tackle in the very low 6 figures.  So maybe one guard in free agency is all that's needed to right the ship.

Sorry for the lack of flow, mostly thinking out loud via typing.

We definitely need some olineman. Another receiver or two as well. Fred Stamps will be available but I think he's done. He's no where near the same player he was after he took that hit from Sears (?) that cause him to lose a ********.

But we need National Olineman, not International ones. Hopefully Goosen can progress to be an every day starter next year too.

Defensively, I'd love to somehow work out something with B.C and bring Bighill here. He'd be great at MLB, putting Wild on the outside. Maybe they'd take Kuale in a trade????? Seriously. :)

I suspect Morley starts at C again next year with Goossen or Neufeld at RG.

My guess it will be Goossen at C and an OL from FA on RG.

#6 OL will be Morley since he can play C, G and T.

Neufeld will ride the IR while Everett will rider the PR.

I just don't think Goossen is yet ready to start at center.  There's a lot more to playing center than just snapping the ball.  My feeling is that Morley starts the year again as the starting center and Goossen/Neufeld battle it out for the starting RG spot, with the loser as the 6th OL.  Both Goossen and Neufeld can both play all 3 spots on the OL. 

My take on O Line:

T: Daniels - Got more push on the running game and provided good protection in the passing game.  Younger and cheaper than January who didn't play well due to age/injuries.  I wouldn't bid high for January and I wouldn't worry if another team values him more than we do.

G: Greaves - Played pretty well.  He's the least of our problems on O line IMHO.

CENTER: Goosen.  We drafted him to play center and we should move him there next year.  I wish we'd started him at center for the last few games to give him some experience.

G: Free Agent (Holmes?) or 1st Draft Pick or Neufeld.  Lots of questions.  No obvious answer.

T: Neufeld or new import.  I'd like to see 4 NI's, but we don't have the hogs for that yet.  Newfeld is our only NI choice IMHO.

That leaves Morely, 1st Draft Pick or Neufeld or Everett fighting for the 6th and and the PR O lineman.  If Morely isn't the 6th, then see if we can trade him for something useful as he isn't going to get any better.

The rest of our O lineman are on the bubble or gonzo IMHO.

Seriously? They will pry Kuale out of my cold dead hands says Mikey.

G: Free Agent (Holmes?)

If he can shift to the right side it would sure simplify the re-tune.

(if he ever reaches free agency and comes here)

T: Neufeld or new import.  I'd like to see 4 NI's, but we don't have the hogs for that yet.  Newfeld is our only NI choice IMHO.

NI tackles are expensive, next year probably as or more expensive than Willy was this year, which seems crazy.  From a cap standpoint, there are probably easier fits.  Based on the way the pay scale has moved in recent years, we could probably get an import of equal talent for less than half of what we'd have to pay an elite NI tackle.  And after watching the pounding Willy took this season, I wouldn't want to settle for anything less than a top talent.

I'm not opposed to trying to land a Heenan at all, it would be great if we do it, but if it doesn't happen I don't think it hurts us.  Might even be a blessing in disguise cap-wise.

Out of what we currently have on our roster, Neufeld is the only one qualified to be there.  Morley 5 years ago perhaps.

They'll have to do something.  The pressure will be REALLY on next year.

They've already promised to try real hard next year. What more can you ask?

reality is, NOT MUCH else they could do. I mean, what do you want them to do? FORCE guys to sign here? 

kidnap their families? put a gun to their heads? all they really  can do is try. That's reality. 

Then as fans, what do we do, oh wow they signed that guy we wanted, then that guy struggles or sucks? UH OH, better fire the  GM right...

It's a never ending cycle really... all they can really do is try, There is no magic formula, can sign this guy and that guy and all these guys but what does it mean? That we will win? Nope cuz the games still need to be played on the field. 

I mean hey sask is sitting at home right now meanwhile 1-6 or whatever they started montreal is one game away from the grey cup playing 1-6 or whatever they started hamilton tiger cats.