Durant likely to return this season

Migs

This thread is ridiculous. You can't plan how an injury will heal. The doctors won't know at all until the week of.

There's a lot of talent in Saskie. Probably more than any other town in Canada. Including the doctors.

Welcome Rod.  We've been waiting for you to join this forum for along time.

Please make and lose a bet immediately...

Thanks TLB. It's nice to sit back and watch once in awhile, on this dark and stormy night. Now that's a super fine pic and reminder of a a great man. "Cactus Jack".

But for the record, I don't believe it's possible that Darren Darient will be back this season. He was hurt pretty bad by the Bomber attack. There's only one guy that could come back after that hit, Sam "the specimen" Giguere.

Thanks TLB. It's nice to sit back and watch once in awhile, on this dark and stormy night. Now that's a super fine pic and reminder of a a great man. "Cactus Jack".

But for the record, I don't believe it's possible that Darren Darient will be back this season. He was hurt pretty bad by the Bomber attack. There's only one guy that could come back after that hit, Sam "the specimen" Giguere.

Welcome Rod. We've been waiting for you to join this forum for along time.

But for the record, I don't believe it's possible that Darren Durant will be back this season. He was hurt pretty bad by the Bomber attack. There's only one guy that could come back after that hit, Sam "the specimen" Giguere.

Straight down Main street.... moves the chains.... splits the uprights.... the ageless wonder, Anthony Calvillo..... 

A veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game. Not. With or without Durant the Riders were not even close to being assured a home playoff game. As it stands right now, all a vet QB would assure is that they are more competitive than the current Saskatchewan RedBlacks. There is a very small chance of a home playoff game no matter what they do. All a vet does is give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and maybe assures them 3rd in the West. The Riders were a mediocre team before the Durant injury that was finding ways to win close ball games. They were truly exposed as wannabes last week.

Wannabes? 3-0. Lol

Here's a wager for you. If Bombers make the playoffs, I'll leave this site forever. If they miss the playoffs, you're toast. What say you?

My expectations are that the Bombers, in a rebuild year, will narrowly miss the playoffs. I don't really have a problem with that because they have taken huge strides towards becoming a serious contender this year. Since my comment that you object to (wannabes) really has zero to do with the Bombers let me propose a counter. When the Riders become a one and done in the playoffs, you will leave this and all other Bomber sites permanently. Should they advance to the division final I will leave all Rider sites permanently. What say you?

Seven pages of Durant.  WTF.

Writing as a CFL fan, is it bad that I really don't care whether Durant comes back or not this year?

Great athlete, has come a long way in understanding our game, but there's always been that 'something' about Durant that annoys me. Annoying in how he approaches the game, his teammates and the rest of the league. It's hard to put that feeling into words other than he doesn't appear to come across as authentic. Hope I'm wrong for his sake. Just my opinion as a CFL fan.   

Writing as a CFL fan, is it bad that I really don't care whether Durant comes back or not this year?

Great athlete, has come a long way in understanding our game, but there's always been that 'something' about Durant that annoys me. Annoying in how he approaches the game, his teammates and the rest of the league. It's hard to put that feeling into words other than he doesn't appear to come across as authentic. Hope I'm wrong for his sake. Just my opinion as a CFL fan.   

The colour of his jersey?

His attitude definitely rubs me the wrong way.  And the soccer-esque dives he takes when he gets a little nudge.

On another note, I'm shocked this thread is still running.

It's because Migs does not understand MUTLIQUOTE.  Is it a Saskatchewan thing?

looks like Doege or whatever his name is is starting this week. Rider season is hooped. Too bad they didn't move Labour Day to October 6th this year.

that's gotta be a bitter pill for the Saskie fans to swallow. next season too will be rotten if DD cant make it back from this injury. Being permanently maimed has happened to quaterbacks before. After all, he's not a spring chicken anymore. Mike Abou Michuluk wrote as much in the Leader Post.

His attitude definitely rubs me the wrong way.  And the soccer-esque dives he takes when he gets a little nudge.

It's because Migs does not understand MUTLIQUOTE.  Is it a Saskatchewan thing?

Well it seems that Durant returning is neither a slam dunk nor "the plan". In today's Leader Post, Chamblin stated directly that any talk of Durant coming back this year is premature. He is not even at the point where he can hold or grip a football yet, let alone throw according to Chamblin. He says that no one will know whether Durant can return or not until he actually demonstrates that he is ready. Chamblin said they have absolutely no clue what the timeline for that might be. They may not extend him on the 6 game IR after October 18th on the off chance he can return this year but it is no slam dunk he will. His comments sure didn't sound like a coach who thought his QB had a strong chance to return and they certainly fly directly in the face of the wishful thinking tweets we were reading from the Rider media yesterday. Fraser....I'd say you will almost certainly win your bet.

Well it seems that Durant returning is neither a slam dunk nor "the plan". In today's Leader Post, Chamblin stated directly that any talk of Durant coming back this year is premature. He is not even at the point where he can hold or grip a football yet, let alone throw according to Chamblin. He says that no one will know whether Durant can return or not until he actually demonstrates that he is ready. Chamblin said they have absolutely no clue what the timeline for that might be. They may not extend him on the 6 game IR after October 18th on the off chance he can return this year but it is no slam dunk he will. His comments sure didn't sound like a coach who thought his QB had a strong chance to return and they certainly fly directly in the face of the wishful thinking tweets we were reading from the Rider media yesterday. Fraser....I'd say you will almost certainly win your bet.

But I am confused... we were told by the resident rider homer that he would be back in the lineup by week 17... the doctors said so! How is it possible that Chamblin didn't ask the doctors? 

it has been amazing how DD can heal, and the Saskie faithful could belief. I questioned it myself. but viewers from across this land and south of the border have been writing me with their assertions this is how DD and his fans did it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDx628jn1YI

so, folks, viewers, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, they have the keys to the Kingdom.

The Riders "witch" doctors looked into the all seeing eye and were told game 17. I am sure Migs will just say this is just a matter of Chamblin not being privy to the supernatural workings of the Riders, their soothsayers, and the deal with the devil that Taman made to secure his return. lmao