Durant likely to return this season

Migs

This is simply a case of fans only hearing what they want to hear... it's human nature to pay more attention to the optimistic news... there seems to be more evidence suggesting Durant will not play again this season... but evidence and facts are not relevant to some people in some situations...

I just joined this site so what makes you think Id disappear? And what overwhelming evidence to the contrary are you talking about? Tell me, how long have other QBs been out with the same injury as Durant.

That question has zero relevance on the Durant injury.

It's a simple matter of how serious the injury was/is to Durant and how smoothly his recovery period will be in relation to it.

Carson Palmer, with a lower degree of severity....close to a year. That's just one off the top of my head. For every Doug Flutie you trot out, I can trot out one that it ended their season. Why? Because not everyone is the same and no two injuries are exactly the same. You keep grasping onto that lame duck argument though....it's all you've got.

All I got? I'm going by what the Riders Drs are saying. Nevertheless we will see what happens

re: the Migs vs Fraser bet... the loser should agree to not post on the other's fan site... that would be fair

Nope. The wager has been set. If If Durant dresses in game 17 & plays in game 18 then Fraser leaves this site. If Durant doesn't then I'm gone!

Good times, love the rivalry.

I just joined this site so what makes you think Id disappear? And what overwhelming evidence to the contrary are you talking about? Tell me, how long have other QBs been out with the same injury as Durant.

It's a simple matter of how serious the injury was/is to Durant and how smoothly his recovery period will be in relation to it.

Exactly, & the best people to know about the injury & Durants recovery would be the people (Riders Dr's) who say he should be able to be activated by game 17.

Almost forgot to mention this. Migs pay attention. In Fllutie's autobiography he discusses the elbow injury. He states that his competitive nature led him to return from that injury far too soon. He says he played the end of that season with only 65-70% arm strength and that he had to drastically reduce his off season training the next year because he had set back his recovery. He states that he feels fortunate that the decision for him to prematurely return did not cost him his career.

BTW, the book is called FLUTIE: Doug Flutie by Perry Lefko (of all people lol)...but it a good read for any CFL fan.

Exactly, & the best people to know about the injury & Durants recovery would be the people (Riders Dr's) who say he should be able to be activated by game 17.

^                                                                                     

You're using phraseology that supports your position.

Hasn't it been said that it is possible that he could be activated, etc? and wouldn't that be the more correct wording?

OK - Durant's done but...

Word out of Vancouver today says Lulay is not going to have surgery and says he has talked to team doctors and is "rehabbing"

And get ready for the "re-wording"-  as Buono says Lulay might be throwing and return to action in the coming weeks.

Of course, that leads to the bigger question as to ….WHY?

Is he that important in the state he will be in to do anything?

Doubters man, doubters.

Actually Migs you are not going off of what the Riders Dr.s are saying. You are going by what Taman and his media flunkies are saying and if you can't see the difference between the two then I'm speechless. Please provide a link to a quote from any Rider Dr. that supports your position. I can guarantee that you can't. Therefore, it's entirely possible that the information being provided by the Rider organization is a smoke screen to try and keep confidence up in the dressing room, among the fan base, and to lessen the appearance of desperation while in trade talks with other teams for a QB.

In fact, I too am willing to bet on it. I will bet your disappearance from this and all other Bomber forums for life against me changing my name to Giant Blowhard on this forum. Some parameters are that Durant must play most of the game in game 18 and start and finish your one and only playoff game. Are these terms agreeable?

Actually Migs you are not going off of what the Riders Dr.s are saying. You are going by what Taman and his media flunkies are saying and if you can't see the difference between the two then I'm speechless. Please provide a link to a quote from any Rider Dr. that supports your position. I can guarantee that you can't. Therefore, it's entirely possible that the information being provided by the Rider organization is a smoke screen to try and keep confidence up in the dressing room, among the fan base, and to lessen the appearance of desperation while in trade talks with other teams for a QB.

In fact, I too am willing to bet on it. I will bet your disappearance from this and all other Bomber forums for life against me changing my name to Giant Blowhard on this forum. Some parameters are that Durant must play most of the game in game 18 and start and finish your one and only playoff game. Are these terms agreeable?

Ooh, that's a good name.  If you end up not needing it, can I use it?

I know full well it could have been anyone in the organization or in Ottawa's or Edmonton's. That does not diminish the fire behind the smoke though. The Riders are actively looking for and willing to give up huge returns for a starting QB.

Now answer me this....do you think Taman is an idiot who would give up a 1st round pick and more or a star NI receiver for a stop gap QB that will start 4 games? I don't think he is. Like I said earlier, all the lip service and optimism coming from the Rider brass is in complete opposition  to what their actions have been over the past few days. I  get it that you have green goggles in regard to this issue but are they blinding you to common sense? They must be. I think we have found the driver of the turnip truck.

The plan would be to acquire a veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game, that would be the only way you could justify the cost for him. If he fails to deliver on that home playoff game though, then you look like a chump.

re: the Migs vs Fraser bet... the loser should agree to not post on the other's fan site... that would be fair

Nope. The wager has been set. If If Durant dresses in game 17 & plays in game 18 then Fraser leaves this site. If Durant doesn't then I'm gone!

Telling another member to leave their own site? Haha, dream on.

A veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game.  Not. With or without Durant the Riders were not even close to being assured a home playoff game. As it stands right now, all a vet QB would assure is that they are more competitive than the current Saskatchewan RedBlacks. There is a very small chance of a home playoff game no matter what they do. All a vet does is give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and maybe assures them 3rd in the West. The Riders were a mediocre team before the Durant injury that was finding ways to win close ball games. They were truly exposed as wannabes last week.

A veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game.  Not. With or without Durant the Riders were not even close to being assured a home playoff game. As it stands right now, all a vet QB would assure is that they are more competitive than the current Saskatchewan RedBlacks. There is a very small chance of a home playoff game no matter what they do. All a vet does is give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and maybe assures them 3rd in the West. The Riders were a mediocre team before the Durant injury that was finding ways to win close ball games. They were truly exposed as wannabes last week.

I have to admit, I was just trolling for a Prider with that one, and I agree about them being mediocre.

Actually Migs you are not going off of what the Riders Dr.s are saying. You are going by what Taman and his media flunkies are saying and if you can't see the difference between the two then I'm speechless. Please provide a link to a quote from any Rider Dr. that supports your position. I can guarantee that you can't. Therefore, it's entirely possible that the information being provided by the Rider organization is a smoke screen to try and keep confidence up in the dressing room, among the fan base, and to lessen the appearance of desperation while in trade talks with other teams for a QB.

In fact, I too am willing to bet on it. I will bet your disappearance from this and all other Bomber forums for life against me changing my name to Giant Blowhard on this forum. Some parameters are that Durant must play most of the game in game 18 and start and finish your one and only playoff game. Are these terms agreeable?

Wrong again. Check Vanstone's tweet from yesterday regarding what Riders medical staff said.

And no thanks on the wager offer, I already have one with Fraser.

Cheers

A veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game. Not. With or without Durant the Riders were not even close to being assured a home playoff game. As it stands right now, all a vet QB would assure is that they are more competitive than the current Saskatchewan RedBlacks. There is a very small chance of a home playoff game no matter what they do. All a vet does is give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and maybe assures them 3rd in the West. The Riders were a mediocre team before the Durant injury that was finding ways to win close ball games. They were truly exposed as wannabes last week.

Wannabes? 3-0. Lol

Here's a wager for you. If Bombers make the playoffs, I'll leave this site forever. If they miss the playoffs, you're toast. What say you?

Telling another member to leave their own site? Haha, dream on.

The wager was agreed to. Mind your business son.

A veteran QB who will pretty much assure you a home playoff game. Not. With or without Durant the Riders were not even close to being assured a home playoff game. As it stands right now, all a vet QB would assure is that they are more competitive than the current Saskatchewan RedBlacks. There is a very small chance of a home playoff game no matter what they do. All a vet does is give them a punchers chance in the playoffs and maybe assures them 3rd in the West. The Riders were a mediocre team before the Durant injury that was finding ways to win close ball games. They were truly exposed as wannabes last week.

Wannabes? 3-0. Lol

Here's a wager for you. If Bombers make the playoffs, I'll leave this site forever. If they miss the playoffs, you're toast. What say you?

You cant bet the same thing twice.