Durant likely to return this season

Migs

As I've been saying for the past 2 weeks...

@robvanstone: The word from Durant and the Roughriders' medical people is that there's an excellent chance of #4 returning at some point in 2014.

I guess Bombers fans can start saying he's no good again? ;)

jk. Good to always have the leagues stars return after injury.

Credible sources - Durant and Taman.

Now, let's ask Buck if he's ready to return before the season ends.

I guess Taman offered a first rounder for Burris just so he could fill in for three games. Oh Brendan, you so crrrazy!

Durant had his follow up appointment with surgeon this morning.

Doug Flutie returned after 7 weeks in '95 with the exact same injury.

Okay ... but if they were that optimistic, why would they offer a 1st rounder for Burris?

I get that it can happen and that it may happen. But it sure isn't "likely"

Durant had a good news appt with Dr this morning. The 1st round offer for Burris was a tweet from Madani with no credible source.

Okay ... but if they were that optimistic, why would they offer a 1st rounder for Burris?

I get that it can happen and that it may happen. But it sure isn't "likely"

Durant had a good news appt with Dr this morning. The 1st round offer for Burris was a tweet from Madani with no credible source.

They schedule good news appts Monday mornings  in Sask? When do they schedule bad news appts, Fridays at about 3pm?

And love him or hate him, Madani is typically spot on. Unlike that house organ you guys got. 

Let's see, the guy just had an operation and he's going to return to form, to deliver the goods. Sounds like a lot of bunk. Even if he could start throwing again his arm strength will have been diminished. If they thought Sunseri was bad, bring Durant back early and watch him skip a few IF he could do that. Also Taman is so confident in having his no 1 guy back, that he's trying to play let's make a deal. What a bunch of nonsense brought to you by the melon wearing spin guys. lol

Let's see, the guy just had an operation and he's going to return to form, to deliver the goods. Sounds like a lot of bunk. Even if he could start throwing again his arm strength will have been diminished. If they thought Sunseri was bad, bring Durant back early and watch him skip a few IF he could do that. Also Taman is so confident in having his no 1 guy back, that he's trying to play let's make a deal. What a bunch of nonsense brought to you by the melon wearing spin guys. lol

No no, haven't you heard? He had his Monday Happy Appointment, which nullified all the midnight oil Taman was burning trying to get Burris back into Green. 

So let me get this straight...the day after Taman's trade offer is rejected by the RBs Durant suddenly has an excellent chance of returning. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Riders are desperately trying to not give the impression that they are desperate. No one offers a 1st round pick and a roster player for a 40 year old QB rental unless their QB is out for the season. Don't really care what Chamblin, Durant, or Taman SAY right now. Actions speak louder than words and the ACTIONS say that Durant is toast for this year. I found it especially comical that the timeline for "Durant's return to throwing" is the week FOLLOWING the trade deadline.

The 1st round offer for Burris was a tweet from Madani with no credible source.

Vanstone also saying they were after Burris.

http://blogs.leaderpost.com/2014/09/29/riders-inquired-about-burris/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Yup they had exploratory talks, just like they likely had with other teams about other QBs.

They made an offer. You can rag on Madani all you want, but anyone who knows the history he has with Taman knows that he's likely getting this info straight from the front office.

Offer =/= exploratory talks.

You can call it what you want but it's already been pointed out to you that actions speak louder than words. They made an offer for Burris where they would have given up a first round pick and then some. That's a pretty loud action.

So let me get this straight...the day after Taman's trade offer is rejected by the RBs Durant suddenly has an excellent chance of returning. Doesn't take a genius to figure out that the Riders are desperately trying to not give the impression that they are desperate. No one offers a 1st round pick and a roster player for a 40 year old QB rental unless their QB is out for the season. Don't really care what Chamblin, Durant, or Taman SAY right now. Actions speak louder than words and the ACTIONS say that Durant is toast for this year. I found it especially comical that the timeline for "Durant's return to throwing" is the week FOLLOWING the trade deadline.

Tin foil hat much?