QB Status - Willy to Start Saturday

BigBlue

I kind of want to make sure Willy gets healed and let Brohm step up for the game this time; I just don't want to see WIlly hurt more than needed against an Eastern team whom we do not NEED to beat; yes it would be nice but if we won our Western games we wouldn't need to worry about Hamilton.  I also believe Brohm has a chance of beating Hamilton; if he had a chance of beating any team it would be an Eastern team.  I would rather have willy for the BC game then have willy hurt in this game and lose the series to BC in the next game.

Willy has been playing hurt all year with two injuries to throwing hand, rolled ankle, shoulder and I'm sure a bunch of aches and pains that we don't even know about.  Very tough guy who has waiting this long for his shot and just wants to do everything he can to help the team on the field.  If he practices today or tomorrow, he is playing come Saturday.  The only way that doesn't happen is if Mike O'Shea decides to give him an extra week to heal more, which he has been inclined to do with most players this year.  Not sure about this one though, so I would bet he plays.

At the risk of sounding over-confident, it is Hamilton after all, so it would make sense for Brohm to start to see if he can make his former employers sorry they let him go. Keeping Willy in reserve makes sense because the Bombers' chances of making the playoffs is so slim that we might as well see how good the backup(s) are.

He lives!

Darrin Bauming @DarrinBauming 5m

Drew Willy taking the initial first-team reps in practice today, as Brohm watches with his helmet off. First rep, a 30-yard pass. #Bombers

Not for Long

Willy's second rep, an INT by Johnny Sears on a 25-yard wobbler over the middle — stretches and shakes his shoulder afterwards. Brohm in now

Just think you guys tend to overstate his toughness a bit. 

Not saying Willy ISN'T tough -- just that he's played exactly half a season and you're already talking about what a warrior he is. 

Now Khari was tough. And proved it. Ditto Dunigan. 

Kevin Glenn was not tough. 

Lets hope Willy proves to be more like the first two guys. 

Just think you guys tend to overstate his toughness a bit. 

Not saying Willy ISN'T tough -- just that he's played exactly half a season and you're already talking about what a warrior he is. 

Now Khari was tough. And proved it. Ditto Dunigan. 

Kevin Glenn was not tough. 

Lets hope Willy proves to be more like the first two guys. 

are you just being difficult here or what? Willy has proven he's tough. Guy has been playing through pain for a long time. Twice he's banged his hand and played through, he came back from that painful looking ankle injury on Labour day, he is practising again after being questionable with the shoulder. How much more can he prove? He keeps picking himself up and getting back into the game, that's proving it as much as anyone can. 

are you just being difficult here or what? Willy has proven he's tough. Guy has been playing through pain for a long time. Twice he's banged his hand and played through, he came back from that painful looking ankle injury on Labour day, he is practising again after being questionable with the shoulder. How much more can he prove? He keeps picking himself up and getting back into the game, that's proving it as much as anyone can. 

Maybe he was just being a ***** shaking his hand like that every time he bumped it? If he was really tough, we wouldn't even know about the injuries he's dealing with.

Critical mistake trying to get Willy back into the lineup...  Feels like we are about to sacrifice a grey cup in a couple years for a win this weekend...

Flashbacks of Buck limping out to play and everyone insisting he's fine

O'Shea was talking about Willy and reported Willy was saying, pretty well after the game, that he'll play against Ham. He wants to play.

Of course, they'll monitor him and the key is they'll see how he is in two days, after he makes all the throws, and if he is in pain etc.

O'Shea says Willy has been pretty "bang on" in his self-assessment and he is learning to trust his players on what they say, the more he gets to know them.

No one is going to take chances and certainly no one is "insisting he's fine'.

Sheet, how could I forget Buck? that dude was tough too. Just not a great a QB.

Its just fricken odd that all these posters keep talking like this guy is Charles Bronson on the field when he has NOT shown that yet. 

When a report comes out that he played an entire stretch with a broken rib like Milt then I'll join in the collective nut swinging. 

Until then, a jammed throwing finger does not get you a purple heart. 

Sheet, how could I forget Buck? that dude was tough too. Just not a great a QB.

Its just fricken odd that all these posters keep talking like this guy is Charles Bronson on the field when he has NOT shown that yet. 

When a report comes out that he played an entire stretch with a broken rib like Milt then I'll join in the collective nut swinging. 

Until then, a jammed throwing finger does not get you a purple heart. 

Why is it that you seem to be treating it that for every person that says he is tough, it ups the general opinion of how tough he is.

If Noeller is the first person to say "man, Drew Willy sure is tough" and then 50 people agree with him, that doesn't suddenly mean that Noeller said "MAN, DREW WILLY COULD WRESTLE A BEAR"

I haven't heard any outlandish claims. I just see a lot of people observing that he's a pretty tough son of a *****.

All I know is that if Mike O'Shea says Drew Willy is tough…then Drew Willy is tough.

Finally... this is actually something I can agree with. 

Some random fan watching the game on TSN, opining how much of a warrior he is because he took a sack and got up from it... not so much. 

This is such a random thing to have an argument about.

Because we are not going to get a bruise by bruise accounting of Willy's health,we are going to have to accept O'Shea's word that he has refused to lie down and stay down at the first opportunity. O'Shea was a tough a linebacker as ever played in the CFL, so he should know tough. Willy has taken some whacks and bounced right up, the kind that would put Buck on the DL for three weeks. Willy is tough but not unbreakable, and it better be a priority for the Bombers to get better protection for him in the off-season, and I don't mean a better brand of condom.

Bryant Turner and Drew Willy locked in a room alone.

Only one can come out alive?

Who?

I'm guessing, mind you, but I can see Turner coming out of it, because it seems Willy has trouble connecting…with Bryant.

alls I know is I feel bad for the room...