Wpg v. Edm

Floyd

Can 2 teams crossover or just one?

I could be wrong, but I don't actually think this could happen. Like ... I don't think the results could end up in a situation where this would even be a question.

All 5 teams in the West finish with better records than teams 2, 3 and 4 in the East? I'm not sure either, just asking.

Is it still only Monday?  I can't wait for this game.  It has a great story line leading up to it.  2 worst teams in 2013 facing off at 3-0 with 2 former TO coaches both surprising the league.

I think both Defenses are going to be really strong.  I do feel Edmonton has a slight advantage on the D side of the ball.

Both offences have been putting points on the board although the Bombers have put up more total points.  I give a very slight advantage to the Bombers if they can get their run game going like they did against TO.

ST I'd say have been good for the Bombers and haven't really paid much attention to  the ESKs ST so I'll say they are even. 

I think this game comes down to FG kicking and field advantage.  Both of which I give the advantage to the Bombers.  That and being at home with what should be close to a sell out I'll say 

Bombers 24

Esks 20  

Note:  May biggest fear is O'dell playing to take Willy out.  The guy is reckless and doesn't seem to care if he injures anyone.  He did it to Calvillo and most recently to Collaros.  I don't want to see this guy make it to the backfield all night!

Can 2 teams crossover or just one?

I could be wrong, but I don't actually think this could happen. Like ... I don't think the results could end up in a situation where this would even be a question.

All 5 teams in the West finish with better records than teams 2, 3 and 4 in the East? I'm not sure either, just asking.

Yeah. I don't know the rule ... I don't know if there even is a rule because I don't know if the schedule possibly allows this. It's a good question.

Is it still only Monday?  I can't wait for this game.  It has a great story line leading up to it.  2 worst teams in 2013 facing off at 3-0 with 2 former TO coaches both surprising the league.

I think both Defenses are going to be really strong.  I do feel Edmonton has a slight advantage on the D side of the ball.

Both offences have been putting points on the board although the Bombers have put up more total points.  I give a very slight advantage to the Bombers if they can get their run game going like they did against TO.

ST I'd say have been good for the Bombers and haven't really paid much attention to  the ESKs ST so I'll say they are even. 

I think this game comes down to FG kicking and field advantage.  Both of which I give the advantage to the Bombers.  That and being at home with what should be close to a sell out I'll say 

Bombers 24

Esks 20  

Note:  May biggest fear is O'dell playing to take Willy out.  The guy is reckless and doesn't seem to care if he injures anyone.  He did it to Calvillo and most recently to Collaros.  I don't want to see this guy make it to the backfield all night!

Keep fitzgerald in more for protection and run blocking I say.

Bombers 24

Esks 20  

Same here, and added to the fact that his head coach and DC now is Chris Jones makes me more worried about it.

Maybe it's just me, but I have this feeling that Jones is a kinda of coach that encourages his players to play "dirty" at some point.

I don't know what the rule is on the crossover, but I think it is mathematically possible to have a double cross over.  But unlikely.

Suppose the Eastern teams all lose all of their games to the West.  

With 5 Western teams, that is 10 losses for each Eastern team.

Now suppose one of the Eastern teams wins all of their Eastern games, that puts them at 8 - 10.

And if one of the Eastern teams also loses all of their Eastern games, that puts them at 0 - 18,   that leaves the remaining Eastern teams with a record of 4 - 14.

Since all of the Western teams won at least all of their games against the East, that puts them at a minimum of 8 wins, and better then the lowest 3 Eastern teams.

And that is all of the Math that I feel like doing for the day....

I don't know what the rule is on the crossover, but I think it is mathematically possible to have a double cross over.  But unlikely.

Now suppose one of the Eastern teams wins all of their Eastern games, that puts them at 8 - 10.

And if one of the Eastern teams also loses all of their Eastern games, that puts them at 0 - 18,   that leaves the remaining Eastern teams with a record of 4 - 14.

Since all of the Western teams won at least all of their games against the East, that puts them at a minimum of 8 wins, and better then the lowest 3 Eastern teams.

I'll give you a B- …….but only because you didn't show your work.  :)

I have no idea how this game is going to go.  I like that our defence is unpredictable and multiple enough that it could give Reilly fits.  I like that we have the better QB.  Edmonton's got a formidable front 7, and Reilly's ability to improvise with his feet could hurt us. 

Bombers desperately need to start using the screen passing game.  Teams are blitzing us with increasing volume and effectiveness.  An effective screen game is a needed counter.  Grigsby/Cotton could be monsters on screens.

You could have all 5 west teams tied at 13-5 if they split all their divisional games and swept the east.  (all 5 west teams could have a better record than all 4 east teams).

I'll give you a B- …….but only because you didn't show your work.  :)

But I did show my work!  Sentence by sentence.

I have no idea how this game is going to go.  I like that our defence is unpredictable and multiple enough that it could give Reilly fits.  I like that we have the better QB.  Edmonton's got a formidable front 7, and Reilly's ability to improvise with his feet could hurt us. 

Bombers desperately need to start using the screen passing game.  Teams are blitzing us with increasing volume and effectiveness.  An effective screen game is a needed counter.  Grigsby/Cotton could be monsters on screens.

That one screen we did execute perfectly to Grigsby was a long gainer - 18 yards. It was too bad that we needed 24 thanks to a massive sack on the previous play. I wanted to see that play a few more times. There was a quick slant to Grigsby that could have gone for big yardage on the last game-winning drive, where the LB managed to deflect the ball at the last second. I'd like to see that slant to Grigsby more often too.

You forgot to carry the division, subtract the multiplication and divide the arithmetic into the lowest common denominator...