Hamilton @ Corner Gas

Zontar

Why is rain hitting microphones? Are the announcers not under cover?

Typical TSN. Couldn't they give their sideline guy an umbrella?? Mickey Mouse. They have such a good panel in the studio then cheapen the broadcast with guys like Rod Black doing pbp & expect their sideline reporter to perform like a professional in a monsoon.

It just makes no sense. We could hear water hitting mics all game. If those were sideline mics why wouldn't they turn them down. Just weird production. They go to the sideline guy and his mic is dead. They didn't test it?

Having Rod Black makes no sense either as he is despised by just about everyone yet, there he is...

19285 attendance, don't care what excuse black is using, gimme a break with the "flood ravaged areas" bs. That crowd is weak. Its been raining here too.. jesus, i get it, its raining but under 20,000 is weak, rain or not.

It's true. That's why the attendance was low. They sold over 30K still.

I agree about Rotten Roddy though. Can't stand him.

Very feeble attendance for a home opener. Normally I wouldn't care but Riderfans went to great lengths to insult us about 25k. Fairweather fans I guess. Team just wins a Grey Cup and only 19k to greet them at the home opener. Sad.

Have you even looked at the news? We had FLASH FLOODS. Highways were closed and places declared State of Emergencies. People should be worrying about their safety more than getting to a football game. Also, just like Ktp said, you can't exactly get to the game if your highway is closed.

We still sold around 32 000 tickets. In fair weather, those people would have been there.

hearing a lot of excuses from the self proclaimed best fans in the league...

Yep...the only thing stopping me from attending a Bomber home game would be if I was dead. 

I'd definitely never let a little rain stop me, like Rider fans this past weekend.  Weak. 

Why is rain hitting microphones? Are the announcers not under cover?

Typical TSN. Couldn't they give their sideline guy an umbrella?? Mickey Mouse. They have such a good panel in the studio then cheapen the broadcast with guys like Rod Black doing pbp & expect their sideline reporter to perform like a professional in a monsoon.

It just makes no sense. We could hear water hitting mics all game. If those were sideline mics why wouldn't they turn them down. Just weird production. They go to the sideline guy and his mic is dead. They didn't test it?

Having Rod Black makes no sense either as he is despised by just about everyone yet, there he is...

I still like the "early season form"  about DA that was classic.  

This made me laugh:

Regina's fire department tweeted last night that the sewage system was working at full capacity, and that residents should delay showers, baths, and even flushing toilets to prevent additional strain on the system.

People in Regina only bathe what - once a month? If that? And how many of them even have toilets?

This made me laugh:

Regina's fire department tweeted last night that the sewage system was working at full capacity, and that residents should delay showers, baths, and even flushing toilets to prevent additional strain on the system.

People in Regina only bathe what - once a month? If that? And how many of them even have toilets?

And how many know what a toilet is? how many can afford a two-holer?

I've heard some Bomber fans say the same things as the Rider fans (check above posts on page 9).

The same situation would have happened everywhere else including Winnipeg. If highways are closed, you can't get to the game. If water is too deep, it's to dangerous to go to the game. Simple as that.

On another note, Toronto would have had like 5 000 people at a game if this happened :D.

I've heard some Bomber fans say the same things as the Rider fans (check above posts on page 9).

The same situation would have happened everywhere else including Winnipeg. If highways are closed, you can't get to the game. If water is too deep, it's to dangerous to go to the game. Simple as that.

On another note, Toronto would have had like 5 000 people at a game if this happened :D.

In Toronto, they're called Staff, not fans

you know, we had the same weather here right. i went to mts yesterday to get a new cell phone, there was more people at the mall then there was at the rider game. Wish i was being sarcastic there but i'm not, i couldn't believe the amount of cars in the mall parking lot. yeah the rain was bad, we got the same thing here, the exact same thing really, concordia was flooded by kildonan east school, several other streets were too, downed power lines, broken trees down on every street, still didn't stop people from going out. 

Yeah those pictures are brutal but guess what, those pictures looked like they were taken from my front street. 

you know, we had the same weather here right. i went to mts yesterday to get a new cell phone, there was more people at the mall then there was at the rider game. Wish i was being sarcastic there but i'm not, i couldn't believe the amount of cars in the mall parking lot. yeah the rain was bad, we got the same thing here, the exact same thing really, concordia was flooded by kildonan east school, several other streets were too, downed power lines, broken trees down on every street, still didn't stop people from going out. 

Yeah those pictures are brutal but guess what, those pictures looked like they were taken from my front street. 

There were 19000 people at the mall yesterday?

Okay.

This made me laugh:

And how many know what a toilet is? how many can afford a two-holer?

They do.  It's a 2 story shithouse!

We did not get the same weather as Regina. We had it very very easy compared to those out west. 20,000 fans braving that weather is commendable. If we had the same weather for our game there would be less than 20,000 there I promise you that.

Anywhere would have under 20K with this kind of weather.

We did not get the same weather as Regina. We had it very very easy compared to those out west. 20,000 fans braving that weather is commendable. If we had the same weather for our game there would be less than 20,000 there I promise you that.

The weather was brutal in Regina but your fanbase sets itself up for that kind of criticism. So, expect to get it. 

But Saskatchewan isn't just anywhere...it's the home of the self proclaimed best fans in the league. You gotta back up that kinda claim with more than a watermelon on your head.

But Saskatchewan isn't just anywhere...it's the home of the self proclaimed best fans in the league. You gotta back up that kinda claim with more than a watermelon on your head.

A lot of their season ticket base and fans draw from out of town. When highways are shutdown, I will give them a pass from having to swim to the game.

This made me laugh:

Now I know why their new stadium will be in the shape of a giant toilet.

I get the jokes and stuff, but really, we're gonna razz on people for not leaving their towns that are in STATES OF EMERGENCY to go to a football game THEY ALREADY BOUGHT TICKETS FOR?

It's not the same thing as having some water in the street and going to the mall, Goalie. Unless of course you had to drive a couple hours through the least safe conditions to get there, you had a good chance your house was going to start flooding while you were gone, the MTS store was outside, and you had to be there for over 3 hours.

Honestly, I'm impressed there were 19,000. I would've expected a few hundred given the conditions. That's probably what we would've gotten in Winnipeg. Heh.