Hamilton @ Corner Gas

Zontar

This is on Austin, it looks like the Ti-Cats didn't bother to hold a training camp. With all of the star free agents they signed you'd think they would show some leadership but the Cats looked terrible in every aspect.

Same story after every free agency with the ticats...

Yah, I guess it'll take some time for them to gell 'cause on paper they don't look half bad. 

After watching Collaros and comparing him to our guy Willy after the first start, I'm sure glad we signed Willy. Maybe Danny Mac really does know qbs. Of course that sieve of an o line Ham. is trying to pawn off as starters didn't help Collaros BUT he didn't do a thing to help his own cause. Only one game but if this is any indicator, I'm liking our chances of success this season.

They say when it rains, it pours and in this case, quite literally.

Pretty bad showing by the TigerCats O-line, saw it in preseason vs the Argos, and it showed up again tonight.  Kinda hard to tell how good your QB can be with all that plus this awful weather.

That being said, I wasn't totally sold on Collaros.

I think this Hamilton team is a little better than Montreal, but the East overall doesn't look very good this year.

You might have thought handing us over to the West woulda restored the balance a little bit, but so far, all it seems to have done is added more fuel to the already more competitive conference.

What a putrid game that was from every aspect.

Horrible conditions, tons of penalties, no way to determine if Sask. has any kind of team, as we have nothing to base it on.

Can Hamilton really be that bad?

Where's that vaunted Nat. def line and strong LB crew?

Lucky for them it's early and they'll get better. They will get better…right?

I mean I'd hurl insults at them but that wouldn't be fair, because they have no way of blocking them.

*Collaros gets a pass for now, as he had no help, but I do see the advantage of having Willy.

Looks like Sask. dredged up Earl Campbell, can't recall a big lumbering back like that in the league for quite awhile.  Looks like he'll be a good challenge for Etch's defence.  Very anxious to see how the Bombers fare against this Rider team, should be a good indicator of how far they've come and how far they need to progress.

Looks like Sask. dredged up Earl Campbell, can't recall a big lumbering back like that in the league for quite awhile.  Looks like he'll be a good challenge for Etch's defence.  Very anxious to see how the Bombers fare against this Rider team, should be a good indicator of how far they've come and how far they need to progress.

Thank God we didn't get the Riders in week one.

19285 attendance, don't care what excuse black is using, gimme a break with the "flood ravaged areas" bs. That crowd is weak. Its been raining here too.. jesus, i get it, its raining but under 20,000 is weak, rain or not.

It's true. That's why the attendance was low. They sold over 30K still.

I agree about Rotten Roddy though. Can't stand him.

I just watched the game....

Hamiltons o line to blame... Collaros may need to only play dome games. The side arm toss is not good in bad conditions and also when being blitzed.

The refs early on throwing any penalty they could at Hamilton while blatantly ignoring the holding by Sasks o line and the late hits on Collaros.

Hamilton was completely unprepared and that d was sloppy. So many missed tackles.

Sask looks prepared and the team looked solid all around. Will be up top unless Durant gets hurt.

I think Ottawa legitimately could be 2nd in the East.. We will see how they fair this week.

Why is rain hitting microphones? Are the announcers not under cover?

Typical TSN. Couldn't they give their sideline guy an umbrella?? Mickey Mouse. They have such a good panel in the studio then cheapen the broadcast with guys like Rod Black doing pbp & expect their sideline reporter to perform like a professional in a monsoon.

19285 attendance, don't care what excuse black is using, gimme a break with the "flood ravaged areas" bs. That crowd is weak. Its been raining here too.. jesus, i get it, its raining but under 20,000 is weak, rain or not.

It's true. That's why the attendance was low. They sold over 30K still.

I agree about Rotten Roddy though. Can't stand him.

Very feeble attendance for a home opener. Normally I wouldn't care but Riderfans went to great lengths to insult us about 25k. Fairweather fans I guess. Team just wins a Grey Cup and only 19k to greet them at the home opener. Sad.

Why is rain hitting microphones? Are the announcers not under cover?

Typical TSN. Couldn't they give their sideline guy an umbrella?? Mickey Mouse. They have such a good panel in the studio then cheapen the broadcast with guys like Rod Black doing pbp & expect their sideline reporter to perform like a professional in a monsoon.

It just makes no sense. We could hear water hitting mics all game. If those were sideline mics why wouldn't they turn them down. Just weird production. They go to the sideline guy and his mic is dead. They didn't test it?

Have you even bothered to look at any of the pictures of the flooding? There are highways closed because of flooding. There are a number of communities that have declared a State of Emergency. Brandon's been hit by the same storm and have also declared a State of Emergency. 

Here's an underpass in Regina:

bk%20-%20weather%20-%20albert%20st%20und

And a picture outside Mosaic Stadium:

bk%20-%20weather%20-%20rider%20stadium%2

Here's a video from Regina showing flooding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaVJumG_IOA#t=29

Here's a picture at Brandon Airport:

10438919_10152476285690622_3748599681722

Jacquie that is the definition of a fair weather fan!

If 19000 could make it then why couldn't more.

Brandon, you know they sold over 30k tickets for the game. You know a lot of people come from out of town to attend the game. Can't exactly get to the game if the hwy you're travelling on is closed. Though I'm sure what you're saying in tongue in cheek. At least, I hope it is. 

Jacquie that is the definition of a fair weather fan!

If 19000 could make it then why couldn't more.

Brandon, you know they sold over 30k tickets for the game. You know a lot of people come from out of town to attend the game. Can't exactly get to the game if the hwy you're travelling on is closed. Though I'm sure what you're saying in tongue in cheek. At least, I hope it is.

A true rider fan would take a canoe to the game