The TV Thread

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dont mind dawson as an actress, Kids was a great movie when i was younger. That said, her character in the netflix superhero shows irks me the wrong way, maybe more so in Luke Cage. She's just a nurse yet always got the need to run right in there with what ever super heros shes got the hots for and for whatever reason the super heroes dont even care for the most part. No, "you should stay here, it's going to be dangerous" nope just lets go! 

Kids was disturbing as hell.  But also very good.

22 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Surprised nobody here has mentioned Stranger Things. Amazing series.

I finally watched it about two weeks ago and couldnt stop.  It truly was tremendous.  Great child actors too.  Loved the way it not only took place in the 80's but was filmed as if it was made in the 80's and borrowed from 80's film tropes.  Very cool.

watched Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D to see the new take on Ghost Rider, the actor playing  Johnny Blaze as a human is better then Nicholas Cage imo

Image result for marvel agents of shield ghost rider

but I'm starting to think no CGI in the world can make the flaming skull look good in a live action show/movie

Image result for ghost rider

**edit: I guess the character is Robbie Reyes, not Johnny Blaze in some Earth 616. No clue what universe that references too but since he's on the TV show with ties to the avengers movie, I'll assume its that same universe

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

**edit: I guess the character is Robbie Reyes, not Johnny Blaze in some Earth 616. No clue what universe that references too but since he's on the TV show with ties to the avengers movie, I'll assume its that same universe

They're from the same Earth.  There have been a few different Ghost Riders over the ages.  Robbie Reyes is just the most recent one, Johnny Blaze is the most popular.  They're both from the original Marvel Earth 616.

I actually liked the flaming skull from the first Ghost Rider movie.  I thought he looked good in there.  The movie sucked though.  This one in Shield looks like crap.

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Loving SHIELD again this year...been fun. So, for your nerds out there: This magic book they're talking about, is this sort of leading into Dr Strange?

DAMNIT!  I haven't watched that episode yet.

Oooo you just wait.  I'm driving out to Edmonton right now!  You're in for it MISTER!

Ok now that I've watched the episode, the book is called the Darkhold. It is the book of the damned aka the book of sins. It was created before the year 10,000 BC by an Elder God called Chthon. It can't be destroyed as a Saint and Merlin together tried to destroy it and couldn't. This book was used by the Darkholders (the black magic users that used the Darkhold) to create vampires. 

There's a huge history that goes through Atlantis and much later on Dracula. Ghost Rider had something to do with it at some point. So it might be that they're going to introduce vampire's now, or maybe Chthon is the "devil" that gave Ghost Rider his powers in this version of the Marvel Universe. Could be going a few ways. Dr Strange does come into possession of the Darkhold at some point and uses it to destroy vampires, so it does tie in. 

Edited by Logan007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Sons of Anarchy Spin off "First 9" begins production, but will have a whole different cast playing Clay and John Teller..etc 

was reading somewhere there was also talks of a prequel movie with Brad Pitt as John Teller and Charlie Hunnam (Jax) 

I think Brad Pitt was a fantasy because of how much he and Hunnam look alike.  Wouldnt Pitt be too old to play Jax' father now?