The TV Thread

Per several sites, CBS is working on a The Good Wife spinoff to air on their streaming platform CBS All Access.

This is a show of commitment to the service which so far really only has one show worth watching and we dont even know if that is true (Star Trek).

I loved The Good Wife which routinely had some tremendous writing.  Spin off is rumored to star the characters of Diane and Lucca.

On 2016-05-19 at 11:14 PM, bigg jay said:

They have 3 marvel shows on tap already: Luke cage, the defenders and iron fist.

Blade, ghost rider and moon knight are just rumors right now.

I might be the only person on the planet, but I loved Moon Knight comics as a kid. Right after watching season 2 of Daredevil I said that the Moon Knight character would fit this new mould of TV superhero. I assume most people aren't very familiar with him... he had multiple personas that could make for some great storytelling. He was a soldier and heavyweight boxer turned mercenary, which afforded him a small fortune in time. He used his wealth to foster multiple identities... a taxi cab driver, a wealthy entrepreneur, and the silver shrouded super hero Moon Knight. He crosses over with the Punisher, Spider-Man, the X-Men... could be neat.

I also heard that ABC has greenlit the production of a Cloak and Dagger mini-series... again, an opportunity to tell some decent stories. These guys were probably the first interracial couple in comics back in the 80s. Obviously not so controversial now, but it's nice to see studios looking for stories to tell rather than just flashy powers to put on full display.

The most interested FTWD has ever been:

From TMZ

Frank Dillane -- star of "Fear the Walking Dead" and a 'Harry Potter' flick -- allegedly got physical with a CBS security guard, and got hauled off the backlot by cops ... TMZ has learned. 

Our law enforcement sources say Dillane, who plays Nick Clark on 'Dead,' tried to breeze through a security checkpoint on Sunday night. Guards tried to stop him, especially because 'Dead' doesn't even shoot on the lot. At least one guard described his behavior as "erratic." 

We're told Dillane didn't dig all the attention, things got heated and he ended up striking one of the guards. That was the last straw for the security force, which detained the actor with a citizen's arrest.

LAPD arrived and booked Dillane for battery. We've reached out to his reps, but no word back yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else watching OJ: Made in America?  Its a 5 part documentary, each episode is two hours long.  It's exhaustive exploring OJ from childhood and the environment that impacted him, such as the racial issues in Los Angeles at the time.  Its tremendous.  Very dense with information.  I was watching Episode 2 yesterday and I thought it was probably half over when I went to FF through the commercial and it was only 20 minutes in.  Its really really deep.  And fascinating.

Also seeing a lot of footage and interviews not seen in other shows about the OJ case.  And some great historical perspective on racism in the LAPD, why the riots happened, how the police responded etc.  How OJ never got involved in the black community and didnt consider himself black, was the first black man at certain country clubs etc.  His relationship with the police and how they covered up his abuse of Nicole. 

Highly recommended.  Its an ESPN production and will surely be the definitive documentary of the totality of OJ's rise and fall.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

@FrostyWinnipeg - thanks for that!  Cant say Im super enthusiastic for it based on the source material but it looks really good from that trailer.  Great cast! 

Well I think its always better to improve on schlock then improving on something great.

Like the new Ben Hur.