The TV Thread

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Brad Pitt was a fantasy because of how much he and Hunnam look alike.  Wouldnt Pitt be too old to play Jax' father now?

in real life Pitt is 52 vs Hunnam's 36 so a 16 year gap, it wouldnt be too hard to sell it though, especially if in the story John Teller had Jax at a young age like 18 or 19

tho it would be harder to sell Jax as a younger age, the fake bio of John teller is he died in 1993 (aged 53) that would make Jax 15 plus pitt looks nothing like him lol

John Teller

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

I just went to read about this and the First 9 is the proposed prequel that is not currently planned.

The spin off is Mayans MC, focused on...the Mayans MC.  The lead Mayans biker is in it which is cool, but Im not sure that concept can carry a series.  SOA wasnt a great show.  It wanted to be the Sopranos (and when I tell people about it I usually describe it as The Sopranos of bikers but not nearly as good).  The writing was uneven and the plots at times ridiculous.  The series succeeded because of the strong cast and a solid over-arching storyline.

The First 9 would be more interesting but again, Im not sure the creator has the talent to effectively make it interesting enough when we already know what happened.

Regarding age, now that I look, Pitt would be the perfect age to play John presuming it takes place around his "resolution" as John and Pitt were about the same age.

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

in real life Pitt is 52 vs Hunnam's 36 so a 16 year gap, it wouldnt be too hard to sell it though, especially if in the story John Teller had Jax at a young age like 18 or 19

tho it would be harder to sell Jax as a younger age, the fact bio of John teller is he died in 1993 (aged 53) that would make Jax 15 plus pitt looks nothing like him lol

John Teller

Yeah they'd have to recast a 15 year old Jax for sure.  Unless they did a duel time-line show.

One thing I always wished David Chase had done was a Sopranos prequel.  Whenever they did the flashbacks showing Tony's father and Uncle Junior, Livia etc, the casting was tremendous.

22 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Yeah just one season but there could be other closets out there.

Ive made it through 4 episodes.  I have a couple of theories for how it ends.  Im a spoiler junkie but avoiding spoilers this time.  Its a great series and surely could be a regular series.  As you said, could be anthology type as well.  What happens if there is another closet and someone else goes back and changes history...can multiple closets change the same history?  Maybe these questions are answered...and I just havent got there yet.

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Ive made it through 4 episodes.  I have a couple of theories for how it ends.  Im a spoiler junkie but avoiding spoilers this time.  Its a great series and surely could be a regular series.  As you said, could be anthology type as well.  What happens if there is another closet and someone else goes back and changes history...can multiple closets change the same history?  Maybe these questions are answered...and I just havent got there yet.

Okay will wait for u to finish.

On ‎2015‎-‎08‎-‎31 at 0:59 PM, Jpan85 said:

Narcos on Netfix maybe the best program I have ever watched.

On ‎2015‎-‎09‎-‎09 at 2:52 AM, The Unknown Poster said:

Narcos is phenomenal.

I just started watching this. I'm 7 episodes in.

I wasn't certain where they could go, after the opening episode covered so much of the early history of the Medellin Cartel, but they've really slowed it down covering the key developments.

What a great show!

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Well I think everyone saw the ending coming.

Ill give my opinion in spoiler:

Spoiler

I definitely predicted that he'd return to a world negatively impacted by killing Kennedy.  Thats sort of an obvious trope.  But in the end when he chose to do nothing, it just felt like the entire investment in the series amounted to nothing at all.  It didnt even change Jake as a character because we saw so little of him after he came back.  He was portrayed as a nice guy beforehand so nothing changed about him,

On 2016-11-29 at 9:25 AM, Noeller said:

Super stoked......probably not stoked enough to actually pay for Crave......but very stoked for when it gets to KODI....

Is this show any good. I've enjoyed watching little snippets, but I've never watched a full episode. I'm not paying for Crave either. 

15 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Is this show any good. I've enjoyed watching little snippets, but I've never watched a full episode. I'm not paying for Crave either. 

It's outstanding...best new Canadian project since Corner Gas. A Winnipeg guy, Dan Skene is heavily involved in the project with some stunt work and fight choreography. If you have KODI or something, check it out...

On 2016-11-30 at 5:41 PM, Noeller said:

It's outstanding...best new Canadian project since Corner Gas. A Winnipeg guy, Dan Skene is heavily involved in the project with some stunt work and fight choreography. If you have KODI or something, check it out...

I was in Dan's graduating class and I did not know any of this. Today I Learned.

On 30/11/2016 at 4:41 PM, Noeller said:

pretty sure you can find a lot of the first season episodes on youtube or other such video streaming sites. 

after watching the first couple of westworld episodes i stopped watching,  but I did watch the last 2 episodes (yesterday and last week) and could pretty much figure out where they were at. that said, yesterday episode was pretty good. Definitely opened the door for a lot of directions the show can go with revealing more of what goes on inside the building, so i'll be interested in seeing season 2.

Personally I'm not a big fan of "westerns", it's a big reason why I stopped watching for a bit... so if they can move on from that I'd be pretty content

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

13 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

after watching the first couple of westworld episodes i stopped watching,  but I did watch the last 2 episodes (yesterday and last week) and could pretty much figure out where they were at. that said, yesterday episode was pretty good. Definitely opened the door for a lot of directions the show can go with revealing more of what goes on inside the building, so i'll be interested in seeing season 2.

Personally I'm not a big fan of "westerns", it's a big reason why I stopped watching for a bit... so if they can move on from that I'd be pretty content

Its not really a western.  It has elements of a western but that's just window dressing for the bigger story.  One thing I liked was that they laid out mysteries and had an end game/reveal in mind and didnt waiver from it even as fans guessed them correctly.  Where Lost fell off the rails to me was how the writers loved writing themselves into corners without knowing how they were going to resolve it...and then the resolution was always disappointing and the fan theories were probably better.  Probably a reflex to try and swerve fans.  Westworld didn't.  They stayed true to their story.  I think fans embrace a concept when they feel they are part of the ride.

10 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I dunno if this is rare occurrence or not but after watching Natural Born Killers on encore ave 1. they are playing the first episode of LetterKenny. I originally watched 6 eps of season one on Kodi but I guess its getting some tv play time as well

Comedy Network did the full run on Canada Day this past summer, I believe, so somebody at the networks has broadcast rights to it.....you can bet that new content will only be available on Crave, tho...they're doing everything they can to sell that turd of a service.