The TV Thread

heres my take on TWD

Spoiler

I like the casting of Jeffery Dean Morgan as negan but I felt his speech was too long,  by the time he did eeny meeny minny moe i was like just ****ing kill someone already!

theres a couple good options for who got killed;

Glenn - staying true to the comics

Eugene - passed on his bullet formula so what he had to offer has been transferred. Though I'm thinking he's a double agent, for someone who keeps getting caught and hasnt died yet, being the coward he is, i wouldnt be surprised if he swung a deal in the episode he bit that guys **** and thats what lead the main group into this trap

Rick - he's the leader, biggest threat. Kirkman said on talking dead that had we been following Negan since day one, we'd be 100% behind him the way we are with Rick, and if you were looking at things from the saviors point of view, Rick is just as psycho as anyone in the show - the governor more specifically. It would make for the biggest shock and awe that no one sees coming and would make for a lot of story following,  like who becomes the new leader, how does the main group respond? if they cave to Negan and join him,  with Morgan and Carol being at hilltop and their alexandria ppl not present,  how do they react when faced against them?

Darryl - He wasnt signed on for season 7 last time i checked and has started his own show called Ride with norman reedus

I like the rick direction myself, but I'll go with a dark horse pick with Mic'honne,  and even tho Morgan keeps telling rick,  people can come back,  for him to lose yet another chick he got close to I think would push him into never coming back mode. It seems like her role has been getting less and less in the show too. 

I was talking about TWD on riderfans the other day someone suggested Fear the walking dead should be the back story of Negan.  i thought that was a great idea,  would certainly make FTWD a lot more interesting and connect the 2 eventually

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

18 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

I haven't watched it yet so I'd prefer not to read about it just yet, but that's just me.  You can always use the spoiler function (the eye on the toolbar) to hide stuff like that though if you really want to talk about it.

Spoiler

Holy ****!  I didnt know this was there!

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

heres my take on TWD

Reveal hidden contents

I like the casting of Jeffery Dean Morgan as negan but I felt his speech was too long,  by the time he did eeny meeny minny moe i was like just ****ing kill someone already!

theres a couple good options for who got killed;

Glenn - staying true to the comics

Eugene - passed on his bullet formula so what he had to offer has been transferred. Though I'm thinking he's a double agent, for someone who keeps getting caught and hasnt died yet, being the coward he is, i wouldnt be surprised if he swung a deal in the episode he bit that guys **** and thats what lead the main group into this trap

Rick - he's the leader, biggest threat. Kirkman said on talking dead that had we been following Negan since day one, we'd be 100% behind him the way we are with Rick, and if you were looking at things from the saviors point of view, Rick is just as psycho as anyone in the show - the governor more specifically. It would make for the biggest shock and awe that no one sees coming and would make for a lot of story following,  like who becomes the new leader, how does the main group respond? if they cave to Negan and join him,  with Morgan and Carol being at hilltop and their alexandria ppl not present,  how do they react when faced against them?

Darryl - He wasnt signed on for season 7 last time i checked and has started his own show called Ride with norman reedus

I like the rick direction myself, but I'll go with a dark horse pick with Mic'honne,  and even tho Morgan keeps telling rick,  people can come back,  for him to lose yet another chick he got close to I think would push him into never coming back mode. It seems like her role has been getting less and less in the show too. 

I was talking about TWD on riderfans the other day someone suggested Fear the walking dead should be the back story of Negan.  i thought that was a great idea,  would certainly make FTWD a lot more interesting and connect the 2 eventually

Thats a great idea for FTWD.  The current idea just sucks in my opinion.  I find it very boring and not paying off the concept at all.  Its just TWD lite.

So in regards to what we're talking about via spoiler function, its funny what people online do, from isolating audio to examining perspectives etc.

Spoiler

I never thought it would be Glenn.  To me, if everyone died, he should be the last one.  Like when the show is cancelled, it should end by showing us a "flash forward" 50 years from now where Glenn & Maggie live on an island with a great thriving community and all their children and grand children around, restoring humanity.  Plus, the whole tease of killing Glenn earlier just seems irrelevant if they killed him.  The gf thinks the tease was to set him up for death.  They did do some close ups of him.  And if you isolate the audio it sounds like Maggie screaming "Glen!" a couple of times and Glen saying "Mag..." (like in the comic before he was killed).

Aaron makes sense because why else include him if not to have someone to kill that isnt that important? 

Eugene was set up to be the "obvious" 'not-Glen' choice as he said his goodbyes and basically redeemed himself.  The theory of him making a deal is a GREAT idea though.  However, the Negan from the comics would kill him for making that deal.

I guessed Michonne originally because she would have the most emotional impact on Rick (next to Carl who isnt going anywhere).  She's also not that important.  In fact she's almost taken Daryl's place as Rick's right hand man but without the depth.  Plus, TWD usually kills its one major black character per season (oddly enough).  But if the next season examines Rick's journey down the rabit hole realizing he was wrong, having this character close to him might be needed.

My new guess is Abraham.  Because the scene we thought was Eugene's farewell could be his instead.  Plus, he was the only one looking at Negan and not looking away.  He showed no fear, stared down his captor.  It would make sense for Negan to kill him.  I believe he was also sitting between Glen and Maggie so his swinging at Abraham could impact Glen either with blood hitting him or him reacting to try and help, leading to Maggie's cries for Glen. 

However, if we assume the POV was from the same person the entire episode, it means it was someone who was already captured (Daryl, Michonne etc).  I saw that it was believed to be Michonne's POV we saw.  It seemed to me Negan was pointing the bat at someone on his right side of the group (ie. Rick, Eugene, Carl) but who knows.  The eenie meenie miney moe song supposedly would have ended on Abarham also...

9 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Thats a great idea for FTWD.  The current idea just sucks in my opinion.  I find it very boring and not paying off the concept at all.  Its just TWD lite.

So in regards to what we're talking about via spoiler function, its funny what people online do, from isolating audio to examining perspectives etc.

Hide contents

I never thought it would be Glenn.  To me, if everyone died, he should be the last one.  Like when the show is cancelled, it should end by showing us a "flash forward" 50 years from now where Glenn & Maggie live on an island with a great thriving community and all their children and grand children around, restoring humanity.  Plus, the whole tease of killing Glenn earlier just seems irrelevant if they killed him.  The gf thinks the tease was to set him up for death.  They did do some close ups of him.  And if you isolate the audio it sounds like Maggie screaming "Glen!" a couple of times and Glen saying "Mag..." (like in the comic before he was killed).

Aaron makes sense because why else include him if not to have someone to kill that isnt that important? 

Eugene was set up to be the "obvious" 'not-Glen' choice as he said his goodbyes and basically redeemed himself.  The theory of him making a deal is a GREAT idea though.  However, the Negan from the comics would kill him for making that deal.

I guessed Michonne originally because she would have the most emotional impact on Rick (next to Carl who isnt going anywhere).  She's also not that important.  In fact she's almost taken Daryl's place as Rick's right hand man but without the depth.  Plus, TWD usually kills its one major black character per season (oddly enough).  But if the next season examines Rick's journey down the rabit hole realizing he was wrong, having this character close to him might be needed.

My new guess is Abraham.  Because the scene we thought was Eugene's farewell could be his instead.  Plus, he was the only one looking at Negan and not looking away.  He showed no fear, stared down his captor.  It would make sense for Negan to kill him.  I believe he was also sitting between Glen and Maggie so his swinging at Abraham could impact Glen either with blood hitting him or him reacting to try and help, leading to Maggie's cries for Glen. 

However, if we assume the POV was from the same person the entire episode, it means it was someone who was already captured (Daryl, Michonne etc).  I saw that it was believed to be Michonne's POV we saw.  It seemed to me Negan was pointing the bat at someone on his right side of the group (ie. Rick, Eugene, Carl) but who knows.  The eenie meenie miney moe song supposedly would have ended on Abarham also...

this hidden fuction is great lol

Spoiler

heres a pic someone posted on the riderfans site which i had to look at a few times to wonder why they were posting it

12963694_1021403387931156_22319969638183

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

25 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
  Hide contents

Holy ****!  I didnt know this was there!

Me either!  I accidently clicked on it the other day when I was trying to embed the hit Buff put on Mark Stone.  I think it's a great feature even though I probably won't be able to help myself from clicking on stuff I'm trying to avoid! :D

8 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

looks like a cowboy hat.  made me wonder wtf carl was doing there to begin with and why rick was ok with it/ non-objectional i'd have to rewatch the episode but I think the only person or people he wasnt totally on board with coming on this battle trip was Aaron and Eugene

Spoiler

Well it wouldnt bother me if it was Carl.  That would have the most impact. But Negan specifically addressed his people to rip out Carl's good eye if he moved so that implies it wasnt him.  Doesnt Abraham wear a general's hat?  Was he wearing it at the time?

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:
  Hide contents

Well it wouldnt bother me if it was Carl.  That would have the most impact. But Negan specifically addressed his people to rip out Carl's good eye if he moved so that implies it wasnt him.  Doesnt Abraham wear a general's hat?  Was he wearing it at the time?

Spoiler

nope he was hat-less.  I thought about the eye comment too but he was going on and on for a while about all sorts of ****, I think the point in his statement was like he said in his speech, he says, you can breathe, you can blink, you can cry,  hell you'll all be doing that. - it could be a fear tactic to shut carl up if he gets out of line

when rick starts get unruly when he turned to carl and pointed out he was his kid, he says dont make me kill the future serial killer, everyones at the table waiting for me to order.  after his first swing negan also says "takin it like a champ!"  makes me think its a guy anyways, not too many chicks are called champ when talked about like this, usually a guy and usually a young guy

I figured it out when we were talking about spidermans new costume in the most recent civil war trailer, but yeah i can't imagine people wont click on it when its right there lol its a neat feature but i dont think it'll help the cause ultimately

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well true.  Nothing really happened.  lol  We're censoring what didnt happen ;-)

Well the producers have said they cut filming right there but who does that? They gonna resume filming in the spring at the same point and all of a sudden the trees have leaves?

Anyways...

Spoiler

http://carl-greyems.tumblr.com/private/142035415291/tumblr_o4xdeaiypi1v88mdc

This is one persons theory. Myself I think it's Aaron and I was right about Kristen shooting J.R.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

24 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:
  Reveal hidden contents

nope he was hat-less.  I thought about the eye comment too but he was going on and on for a while about all sorts of ****, I think the point in his statement was like he said in his speech, he says, you can breathe, you can blink, you can cry,  hell you'll all be doing that. - it could be a fear tactic to shut carl up if he gets out of line

when rick starts get unruly when he turned to carl and pointed out he was his kid, he says dont make me kill the future serial killer, everyones at the table waiting for me to order.  after his first swing negan also says "takin it like a champ!"  makes me think its a guy anyways, not too many chicks are called champ when talked about like this, usually a guy and usually a young guy

I figured it out when we were talking about spidermans new costume in the most recent civil war trailer, but yeah i can't imagine people wont click on it when its right there lol its a neat feature but i dont think it'll help the cause ultimately

I almost forgot to use the spoiler button a couple of times!  Im a spoiler junkie so I would always click.

Spoiler

In the comics, Negan has a weird honor code.  He doesnt hurt children and he has a thing about hurting women too.  He has multiple wives but he kills guys for abusing women.  I guess he's like a Mormon cult leader.  So in keeping that, he *shouldnt* kill Carl or Michonne.  Im not sure how the visual of bashing a woman's head in with a bat would play either...they might get a lot of backlash for that.  And he sure aint doing it to a pregnant woman.  So Maggie is safe. 

HBO shocker. Show runner Terrence Winters has been canned over creative differences from Vinyl.  I'm loving the show and hope season 2 is just as good. I wonder what the differences were....

Im a Walking Dead fan but Fear The Walking Dead which just started season 2 sucks. Anyone else watching this show?

I've been watching FTWD but I feel the casting isnt as good. Cliff Curtis and Ruben Blade are good actors, but I've had trouble getting behind their characters having seen them in too many things previously. If they had kind of slowed the first season's outbreak and showed more of how it happened, and more how the military couldnt contain it, not just society's quick collapse, it would have served better. It's just TWD jr now with nothing really unique about it,  other then minor tweaks they didnt try in the other series, such as being on open water 

8 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I've been watching FTWD but I feel the casting isnt as good. Cliff Curtis and Ruben Blade are good actors, but I've had trouble getting behind their characters having seen them in too many things previously. If they had kind of slowed the first season's outbreak and showed more of how it happened, and more how the military couldnt contain it, not just society's quick collapse, it would have served better. It's just TWD jr now with nothing really unique about it,  other then minor tweaks they didnt try in the other series, such as being on open water 

I read one review of the season premiere that sort of summed it up.  The series promised to show us the fall of civilization and then completely skipped it.  We ended last season with them safely tucked away in the beach house under no imminent threat.  And we start this season (which had to be only hours later) and they are over-run by zombies and Los Angeles is burning and in ruins with fighter jets dropping bombs.  What? 

Its just the Walking Dead with a less interesting cast.  What is different about it?  Nothing at all.  TWD began when Rick woke up and there were zombies and pockets of survivors.  FTWD is now zombies and pockets of survivors.  What is different?  Its just a lousy cast that does stupid things.

It should have been either showing us the rise of the epidemic through the eyes of command and control, the government.  One thing I simply can't buy about TWD is that the government doesnt exist?  Really?  The President, the Cabinet etc...they were over run by Zombies?  The government of Russia was too?  UK?  Australia?  Cuba??  That's the interesting story.  I think they know they cant depict that because its simply too unbelievable.

Or...as I read online, FTWD should have been the story of Negan from "before the dead" up to a point where they meet Rick's group (over the course of several seasons ofcourse).

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I read one review of the season premiere that sort of summed it up.  The series promised to show us the fall of civilization and then completely skipped it.  We ended last season with them safely tucked away in the beach house under no imminent threat.  And we start this season (which had to be only hours later) and they are over-run by zombies and Los Angeles is burning and in ruins with fighter jets dropping bombs.  What? 

Its just the Walking Dead with a less interesting cast.  What is different about it?  Nothing at all.  TWD began when Rick woke up and there were zombies and pockets of survivors.  FTWD is now zombies and pockets of survivors.  What is different?  Its just a lousy cast that does stupid things.

It should have been either showing us the rise of the epidemic through the eyes of command and control, the government.  One thing I simply can't buy about TWD is that the government doesnt exist?  Really?  The President, the Cabinet etc...they were over run by Zombies?  The government of Russia was too?  UK?  Australia?  Cuba??  That's the interesting story.  I think they know they cant depict that because its simply too unbelievable.

Or...as I read online, FTWD should have been the story of Negan from "before the dead" up to a point where they meet Rick's group (over the course of several seasons ofcourse).

When I first heard this idea, I thought it would have been a good story as well, but then thinking about the logistics, I don't think it would work.  

Imagine you have people watching Negan over multiple seasons, viewers get to know and start to identify with the characters.  They see the history, the backgrounds, and the events that build up to him becoming what he is.  Similar to what Rick now is.  He is no longer clearly the "good guy"  He just does what he needs to survive.  The same is likely true for Negan.    Now they meet Rick's group.   Who is going to win?

You probably have an epic build up and an epic couple of episodes, but then what?  You have a similar problem to the face vs face problem you talked about in the Wrestling thread.  There is no longer a clear cut bad guy for the audience to "cheer" against.  Pockets of fans are going to be "cheering" for different characters in both the groups.  Then after the fight and one faction "wins", can you still really continue with two different series?

As to FTWD itself, I stopped watching after 2 - 3 episodes.  It just wan't compelling enough to keep watching for me.

I still dont mind the direction they went this year.  and again. after hearing kirkman says,  if you looked at things from the saviours point of view,  rick and the things his group did to them (like go on the offensive without knowing anything about them) you might feel like Negan was the good guy, even though it's pretty common knowledge he's a ruthlessly violent leader. I'd be interested to see just how far Negan came from day 1 to this point. 

It's amazing when you think of all the things the main group - are they called Survivors? - have been thru, how many times they should have died, i think after 6 full seasons, i'd be ok with them getting killed off. it's almost necessary to have a beloved character die off just for impact and reactional purposes. Otherwise it just gets a little bland where its like "oh no they are done for! nope never mind, ____ saved the day again, tra la la la"

Some Star Trek Series rumors:

- Set after Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country.

- Klingon will still be "bad" but possibly telling the story of the Klingon/Federation politics evidenced in TUC.

- Likely means no Shatner cameo

- Not taking place on the Enterprise

- Series will be heavily serialized

- Series could be an anthology where every season is a different time period.

9 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

First I heard that. Everything till now seems to be post ST:B.

I think the betting line was not related to the films at all. And they really can't do TOS era whole TOS era is represented on film.

i wa hoping for Robert April (pre-TOS but Post-Enterprise) or Enterprise B so I'm happy. Hopefully it's true. 

Its a great era to explore.