The TV Thread

The Mist: Spike Orders TV Adaptation of Stephen King Story, Reports Say
The show's production is scheduled to begin in the summer 2016, and it will be released in 2017, outlets reported. The 10-episode series is based on King's 1980 short story

the movie was.... ok. a little too predictable. I might watch the pilot when it comes out as it has some potential to be TWD meets Xfiles

15 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

the movie was.... ok. a little too predictable. I might watch the pilot when it comes out as it has some potential to be TWD meets Xfiles

I didnt mind it.  It was suitably spooky.  I think the book had a tragic ending...but the movie had a happy ending didnt it?

Saw that Martin Sheen is producing and narrating a documentary entitled OJ Is Innocent.  The gist being that his son actually committed the murders and heroic OJ went on trial to take the heat for his kid.  Absurd.  But the son story is the only theory that has even a remote chance at being true (even though it isnt). 

14 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I didnt mind it.  It was suitably spooky.  I think the book had a tragic ending...but the movie had a happy ending didnt it?

Saw that Martin Sheen is producing and narrating a documentary entitled OJ Is Innocent.  The gist being that his son actually committed the murders and heroic OJ went on trial to take the heat for his kid.  Absurd.  But the son story is the only theory that has even a remote chance at being true (even though it isnt). 

i guess ultimately the day was saved in the movie,  but not before they sit in the car with the gun.

It has potential tho if they showcase the military and their experiments that leads to the doorway to the other dimension being opened and closer look at what comes out (this would be the X-files portion) and society going all crazy thinking it's the end of days (TWD)

I'd be interested in watching this,  especially if they have brainiac shrinking the city of Kandor

http://io9.gizmodo.com/it-looks-like-that-krypton-tv-show-is-finally-happening-1772353503?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Waaay back in December 2014, we reported that Syfy was working with David S. Goyer on a Gotham-style origin story for Superman—to be called, naturally, Krypton. Then we sorta forgot about it, until today’s announcement that Krypton is very close to getting a pilot order at last. Honestly, we’re not sure what to make of this.

The premise remains about what it was in 2014, per Variety:

The series, set two generations before the destruction of Superman’s titular home planet, would tell the story of the man of steel’s grandfather as he fights to restore the family honor of the House of El after it has been shamed.

The pilot will be produced by Warner Horizon Television. Goyer — who penned the screenplays for “Batman Begins,” “Man of Steel” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” — will write the pilot with Ian Goldberg. He will executive produce through his company Phantom Four with Damian Kindler, who will serve as showrunner. Colm McCarthy is set to direct the pilot.

We have some questions about this plot structure. Here’s a big one: Why should we care about the stakes here, when everyone who knows anything about Superman—presumably, the very target audience for this show—knows Krypton’s eventual fate? Even Goyer’s hint that Krypton would tie into both the TV and cinematic DC Comics universes doesn’t help resolve that one.

That seems like a terrible premise.  Im not a fan of how DC separates the TV and Film universes as it is.  Though since these superhero shows seem to garner decent enough ratings without being overly intellectually deep, I suppose its for the best.  

The worst parts of Man of Steel were the goofy scenes on Krypton.  So this would strike me as a poor idea.

i know we've talked about it before,  but I actually liked the depiction of Krypton in MOS, wasnt overly sold on Crowe as Jor-El but it says it will be his father the story revolves around.  I think a deeper look at krypton, it's many environments, technologies..ect could provide at least some insight into superman's ancestry. And the fact these kyptonians will be mortal living under the red sun, one thing about superman is his almost near invincibility on earth almost works against him appeal wise as it does make him appealing. I mean in BvS not even a nuke can stop him (same with Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) 

I read about that show coming out.  No thanks.  Krypton is just going to be a show about a non-superhero that we'll never see because it's set 200 years before Superman.  So it's basically some planet that's more futuristic then ours.  Wow...

Finally watched this week's episode of Fear The Walking Dead.  And at least now that "mini-series" that played during The Walking Dead commercials (Flight 462) makes sense.  But man...this show is so poorly written.  Really stupid characters that do stupid things or act in unnatural ways to move the plot. 

On 28/04/2016 at 2:50 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

FTWD is a bad show period.

I actually didnt mind yesterday episode (first one i liked of the 3 so far) introducing a clear cut villain/group definitely ups the intrigue of the show, but they are really taking a gamble making this TWD lite and at some point, unless it offers something unique and appealing,   TWD success it's currently riding along on wont last.  IMO that was a big draw back to all the CSI shows,  same damn show just different place *yawn*

not surprised at all, and very much looking forward to it;

http://www.designntrend.com/articles/75271/20160502/the-punisher-marvel-netflix-orders-season-1-of-daredevil-spinoff-show-jon-bernthal-stars.htm

Bernthal's The Punisher, whose real name is Frank Castle, was introduced in season 2 of "Daredevil" on March 18. [spoiler alert!] After watching his family (wife and two children) being murdered by rival mob gang members, Castle becomes The Punisher and wages a one-man war against crime in New York City.

His belief in killing criminals rather than apprehending them often puts him at odds with several superheroes. In fact, the theme of "Daredevil" season 2 is this exact argument — should criminals be put away for good? Does a perpetrator really stop doing crime once he's behind bars?

As we reported earlier, Netflix and Marvel have been in talks for "The Punisher" series since January 2016.

"Hannibal" writer Steve Lightfoot will serve as the executive producer and showrunner for this new Marvel TV show. He will also pen the first two episodes of season 1.

Lightfoot said in a statement, "For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn't be more excited to dive into his world. After watching Jon's performance in 'Marvel's Daredevil' I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own."

"The Punisher" will be the sixth series as a part of the Netflix/Marvel collaboration. Besides this show and "Daredevil," the collaboration has also produced "Jessica Jones." "Luke Cage," "Iron Fist" and "The Defenders" will be released soon.

Mike Colter's "Luke Cage" will premiere on Sept. 30, 2016.

I always wondered how Alexandria would have been built in TWD amidst the zombie apocalypse,  I always got the feeling some of these communities were pre-built with some inside info

I mean deanna's husband was the architect but it would take some time to put up those re-enforced walls with some sort of military/militia to keep the walkers at bay. When rick and co. arrive there there is like 2-3 guys working as scouts but over all they were inexperienced to the outside new world and most people in the town were beyond inexperienced. It makes me think this was built just prior to DDay 

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

On 5/4/2016 at 0:08 AM, Taynted_Fayth said:

I always wondered how Alexandria would have been built in TWD amidst the zombie apocalypse,  I always got the feeling some of these communities were pre-built with some inside info

I mean deanna's husband was the architect but it would take some time to put up those re-enforced walls with some sort of military/militia to keep the walkers at bay. When rick and co. arrive there there is like 2-3 guys working as scouts but over all they were inexperienced to the outside new world and most people in the town were beyond inexperienced. It makes me think this was built just prior to DDay 

I think it was implied they had time to build the walls because there werent many walkers around at that point.  Which might seem odd actually.  Funny because in Season One I said to the gf, why dont they just go find a gated community to live in?  Or go down to the Florida Keys, clear off one of the smaller islands and live happily ever after?  Or go to the Miami Cruise Port, clear a cruise ship...and live happily ever after.

On 5/6/2016 at 0:47 AM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Caught Fantastic 4 on Netflix. Not as bad as I heard. Much better then original.

You're dead to me.

That was the WORST iteration of F4.  And I include the old F4 movies that were made for TV.  None of the characters even resembled themselves as far as how they were in the comic.