The TV Thread

54 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

And... here's a bit of an ode to the current flicks being shot in town. Stanley Tucci, Nathan Fillion, Henry Cavill & Jennifer Tilley have all been in Wpg recently. 

My favourite "Wpg on TV" moment, yes this even over the Simpsons references:

This show killed Maury Chaykin.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

I haven't liked Larroquette in much since his Night Court days, but this sounds interesting.

The other two seem meh.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Larroquette was the only thing i liked about Night Court. Other then that I h8 h8 h8'd that show.

He was a good Klingon as well.

what!? that show was great! Harry Stone was an awesome Judge and Bull as the bailiff was always good for a laugh.  considering I was born in 82, I'm actually surprised I remember that show, that and cheers was like the must see tv at one point

3 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Larroquette was the only thing i liked about Night Court. Other then that I h8 h8 h8'd that show.

He was a good Klingon as well.

There were only 2 reasons to watch Night Court and they were Markie Post.

and in more pilot news

http://tvline.com/2017/03/16/emily-vancamp-the-resident-fox-medical-drama-pilot/

http://tvline.com/2017/03/16/yvette-nicole-brown-abc-pilot-mayor-mother/

also SNL has booked it's last four hosts for the season, two of the hosts will be joining the 5 timers club, oh yeah and it's going to be airing live nationally soon

http://tvline.com/2017/03/16/saturday-night-live-nationally-melissa-mccarthy-jimmy-fallon-host-season-42/

Edited by iHeart

19 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

what!? that show was great! Harry Stone was an awesome Judge and Bull as the bailiff was always good for a laugh.  considering I was born in 82, I'm actually surprised I remember that show, that and cheers was like the must see tv at one point

I watched Night Court too, right after Cheers.  It was sort of the goofier, weaker little sister of Cheers but it was funny.

13 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'm watching some Iron Fist... critics panned this series pretty hard, and I'm not sure why quite yet. It's got my attention with some cool camera shots, and the action is smooth and looks good on screen so far. We'll see, but so far I dig it.

yeah im about to start it too. I saw some really dumb stuff too, people complaining that danny rand isnt Asian....

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Night Court was a really funny show...Harry Anderson was massively underrated.

i loved that show. Such a great cast. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

yeah im about to start it too. I saw some really dumb stuff too, people complaining that danny rand isnt Asian....

i loved that show. Such a great cast. 

i'm about to start it too,  been waiting all week for it to start. not sure why people are complaining he's not asian... he isn't.

Image result for danny rand

5 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

i'm about to start it too,  been waiting all week for it to start. not sure why people are complaining he's not asian... he isn't.

Image result for danny rand

Im a good few episodes in, it started a bit slow (dont all netflix / marvel series) but is pretty good so far. Not as good as luke cage to this point. Comparable to daredevil id say, worlds better then jessica jones.  

Marvel has become enveloped in this sjw trend. It has the comics stuck deep in a rut not seen since the comic book collapse. Some thing like 18 of the top 20 us grossing comics currently are DC, marvel has 1 title up there. 

39 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

5 episodes in

Hide contents

things are certainly picking up pace and familiar faces are being worked into the mix.

Netflix needs to get rid of the 'Next episode synopsis' before skipping to the next episode, especially for first run. First world problems am I right?

same stupid real life getting in the way of me watching more. Thats better then the stupid trailer coming up late last week and it going into my feed like its available >.>

Was just reading up on some of the origin of The Hand, there is a lot of tie ins to many of the marvel characters currently in the spotlight, Baron Strucker (age of Ultron) converts a part of them to start what became Hydra,  the hand themselves were molding a young black widow to be their top assassin until a pre-adamantium Logan saves her..etc  they could really do a huge mash up once the infinity war movies conclude

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

just finished episode 4, pretty good so far, but I find it a little too much like DD season 1

they do seem to have a bit of a banal formula. I was hoping danny rand would be a more comedic vibe but cant blame them for following the cash cow.

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Was just reading up on some of the origin of The Hand, there is a lot of tie ins to many of the marvel characters currently in the spotlight, Baron Strucker (age of Ultron) converts a part of them to start what became Hydra,  the hand themselves were molding a young black widow to be their top assassin until a pre-adamantium Logan saves her..etc  they could really do a huge mash up once the infinity war movies conclude

Yeah it heavily dips across all the story lines, as does hydra but really peaks in defenders. Some of the story line gets a little out there especially with elektra. I could see them using dr strange in as a big name assist in the heavy stretch with defenders vs hand. I cant wait for that series in general. Seeing how these well fleshed out characters will bounce off each other. 

As for a major future phase for main line marvel i cant see it. Even if skrull/kree, follow up of world war hulk, zombies, death of wolverine, etc arent viable for various reasons, the likes House of M, secret wars, and thor the un worthy, are sure fire future story lines. And with a probably slate wipe coming after the 2nd infinity war a story line like house of m is almost sure fire. They have scarlet witch, they dont have the mutant name, though that may change by that time, if not they are going to be going inhumans by then any way. It would be a great way to trim the roster and push them.